PDA

View Full Version : Man, do I miss Florida...

Lenny
11-15-2006, 09:03 PM
:( what a thing to come home to...

http://www.mytelus.com/news/article.do?pageID=news_home&articleID=2451997&lid=today+box

...and no end in sight.

But, 65 degrees mind you.

Cuda
11-15-2006, 09:35 PM
It was sure nice here today. I rode my bike to my gc to pick up a check. About 80 mile round trip. All I wore was a long sleeve t shirt. The only reason I had long sleeve, is because bugs sting at 70 mph. It was about 80 degrees today.

Lenny
11-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Thanx for cheering me up Joe. I hate bugs, so I guess it is all worth it.

Great to be home... :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

:( :( :(

thriller
11-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Lenny
Watch for Falling Trees:eek!: I was ssoooo busy at work today from floods to trees on cars, building collapses....100ml of rain today..gotta be a record..

Mike

Lenny
11-15-2006, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the Heads up Mike, I will definately watch out for hazardous situations ...
:D :D :D

thriller
11-16-2006, 08:28 PM
What the:eek!:

:confused:

boxy
11-16-2006, 11:35 PM
Mike, that picture in Lenny's post would look great with your signature......:D

Lenny
11-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Mike, that picture in Lenny's post would look great with your signature......:D

What Steve :) ?

thriller
11-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Now He's really messin with me...UUGGGHHHH. I'm mixin another cocktail and going to try and decipher if this is taken on a Canon or photoshop. Surely Poodle wouldn't part with the Holy Grail of coats...and if he did I'm on a ferry to the Highlands

BUIZILLA
11-17-2006, 06:59 AM
how much is a ferry ticket ??

boxy
11-17-2006, 09:16 AM
:( what a thing to come home to...
http://www.mytelus.com/news/article.do?pageID=news_home&articleID=2451997&lid=today+box
...and no end in sight.
But, 65 degrees mind you.

Lenny, is the Island under the boil water advisory, or is that just Vancouver proper ???

Carl C
11-17-2006, 10:37 AM
I'm getting sick of this northern weather too. I plan to go to Lake Havasu City this winter to check out stuff for a possible move in a few years. I don't think I'd like Florida. Isn't the salt water hard on the equipment and icky to swim in? Are there any other good fresh water boating areas in warm climates? I need a big enough city to support my flea market business. Can't afford Hawaii (I know it's salt water but I'd live there in a minute if I could afford it).:boat:

BUIZILLA
11-17-2006, 10:49 AM
I have a VERY good friend of mine that lives in Havasu City.... he's a flat bottom turbocharged boat freak too..

Last Tango
11-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Well Carl, good luck in Lake Havasu.
My son lives there, and neither my sun-loving wife nor I will go there again in the six summer months. My wife gets chills when the temps are below 90 deg. But she will never go to Lake Havasu again in summer.
I am NOT exaggerating. The AVERAGE daytime temp in those 6 months is 118 Degrees F.
Oh? You say "But, it's a dry heat."
B.S. 118 is HOT no matter what. And then they have these A/C units in the house that actually moisturize the dry air INSIDE the house. So now it is 118 AND humid!
My son has lived there for several years and can't wait to get back to Florida. Lake Havasu is high hills of DIRT. Even cactus won't grow there unless you water it regularly.

Carl... LOOK at a MAP of Florida. Not the coast line but the interior. ALL those hundreds of LARGE lakes and BIG rivers. THAT WATER and ALL THOSE RIVERS are FRESH water. And plenty of it to boat on ALL YEAR ROUND.
I boat over 30 days a year. I spend only TWO of those in salt water - at the annual Donzi Hometown Gathering. I am boating all weekend this weekend. Two full days. My son can't boat now because it is too cold in Havasu at this time of year. And all the water in the lake is runoff from the Rocky Mountains. In the SUMMMER the water is no warmer than 70 deg. Not refreshing, but down right SHOCKING when you jump in from air that is 118 deg. I have done it. and it is filled with these fish that constantly come up to you and take a bite.

If you go there to be around high performance boats regularly, Havasu is excellent. But they only do those in the 6 SUMMER months for all the reasons I have stated.

Here are a couple fun links for you:

http://www.jokerswildpromotions.com/

http://170.215.57.242/local/

http://www.google.com/search?q=lake+havasu+webcam

SideshowRob
11-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Don't waste time boiling water!!!!!!

thank god I am around to send you this very important information......
:-)

WATER...... It has been scientifically proven that if we drank
1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would have
absorbed more

than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli bacteria found in feces, in
otherwords,
we are consuming 1 kilo of POOP!!!
However, we don't run that risk when drinking wine, rum, whiskey,
Vodka, beer or other liquors, because alcohol has to go through
a distillation process of boiling, filtering and fermenting.
WATER = POOP
BOOZE = HEALTH

Free yourself of POOP, drink BOOZE!!!

It's better to drink booze and feel like s*$# than drink water
and be full of s*$#.

There's no need to thank me for this valuable information, I'm doing it as a public service.

:beer: :biggrin: :yippie:

Lenny
11-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Lenny, is the Island under the boil water advisory, or is that just Vancouver proper ???

Not Victoria. Just Vancouver. I am on a Well anyway so I suck up different stuff than the City resevoirs provide. :)

Carl C
11-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Lenny, it can for sure get nasty up and over there. I was on a day cruise in the Gulf of Alaska and we had to turn back. Our little ship was being tossed like the Minnow and a lot of people were puking over the side. What a trip to experience water like that! Last Tango, thanks. I need to see it for myself but will be sure to visit in the summer too. I think I can handle the heat over the cold. You're swapping heating bills for air conditionoing bills. Havasu is near Las Vegas, Mexico, Grand Canyon, Pacific Ocean and more cool places. Definately bimini Country. I Guess Florida could be a possibility. I can't "snowbird" 'cause I have a business to run.:alligatorLenny, I just looked at the map and Victoria is below the USA! Just like Windsor is. And I thought you were way up there.

Lenny
11-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Lenny, I just looked at the map and Victoria is below the USA! Just like Windsor is. And I thought you were way up there.
Yep, you got it Carl :) Below the 49th is correct, and a 306 mile long Island to boot. Most everyone live in the Southern 1/3rd of it. Seattle is 70 miles away by water.
http://www.vancouverisland.travel/pdf/Vancouver-Island-BC.pdf