PDA

View Full Version : Lake George Donzi Classc Club event dates

Scott Pearson
11-12-2006, 02:21 PM
Ok everyone here are the dates for 2007 so mark you calenders.

12th Annual Spring Dust-Off will be held June 15th, 16th and 17th

12th annual Fall Picnic will be held Sept. 7th, 8th and 9th. Our picnic on the island is Sat. the 8th.

We have alot of new ideas and surprises for 2007!

Hope to see everyone soon!

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
11-12-2006, 09:31 PM
I've penciled in the dates on all of my calendars. No gigs, no weddings! Nuh-uh, nope sorry.

Gonna be in Lake George this time come hell or high water!

Eric

DON N.
11-19-2006, 03:52 AM
Suprises Huh ! How About Some Hints .

Scott Pearson
11-19-2006, 07:12 AM
OK Don....you twisted my arm. All I can say at this time is it has to do with Matty, a TuTu and a pair of speedos:eek!:

BUIZILLA
11-19-2006, 08:26 AM
a pair of speedos:eek!: one for each leg??

Janice and I will be there for sure, gonna try and bring a boat as well...

JH

Kirbyvv
11-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Matty & a TuTu, sounds kinda scary!!!!

Air 22
12-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Looking FWD to another Super Event!!:wink: :yes:

BigGrizzly
01-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Hopefully I'll make it too.

Scott Pearson
02-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Ok everyone, Its time to make your reservations early for the our 12 Annual Spring Dust off!
There is alot of things going on in Lake George that weekend so if you planning on attending the Dust-Off please make your reservations early so you can be sure to have rooms. They will fill up quickly.
Here are some great places to stay that really go the extra mile for the Donzi Group.
Treasure Cove 518-668-5334
Capri Village 518-668-4829
Diamond Cove Resort 518-668-3161
Stay tuned for the exciting new changes to our Dust-Off format. Also keep an eye out for our spring news letter. There is going to be some great things happ'in at this years 12 Annual Spring Dust-Off so we all hope you can join us!

Dr. Dan
02-11-2007, 08:02 AM
Sounds Great Scott... the pics make me remember my "Activated Lighter Incident".... Good Times!

Call Me When You're Bored :bonk:

Doc :wink:

jl1962
02-11-2007, 08:37 AM
As of last week the email link on the Treasure Cove website was NOT working. So if you haven't heard back you might want to call. However their email is working if you type in the address yourself. They are now aware of the problem.

JL

Air 22
02-11-2007, 02:39 PM
We R in...Crissy Ashley Allison and Gavin aka GAJ (Pronounced Gauge)
per DR. DAN.:wink: :biggrin: The Treasure Cove is taking reservations...we confirmed 6/9 to 6/17. Can't wait to return home...LG is really a beautiful place:wink: :yes:
Looking fwd to another great time w even greater friends!!:yes: :beer:

slapshot11
02-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Reservation made, deposit paid. Can't wait.

Sweet little 16
02-12-2007, 08:39 AM
done

BigGrizzly
02-13-2007, 09:13 AM
We should be there too, If I don't go Poodle, Buzzilla, and Matty will hurt me. Looking forward to it!

Sweet little 16
03-01-2007, 08:57 PM
WOW just got the newsletter!!! sounds like an awesome event!!!
can't wait !!!!

peregrine
03-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Hey Guys,
The wife is convinced to come up. Which place is the best one to stay at? Since we don't have a boat we were going to come up Fri morning and stay till Sat afternoon. I figured we could check out all the Donzi's and that will help me make up my mind and sell the wife. In the meantime we could explore the backroads on the bike. I think we have to be back for Sunday to christin (sp?) little man. Anyway, we would love to party with you guys and wanted to know which was the better spot for the land lubbers?

Scott Pearson
03-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Great to hear you are going to head on over. You will have a blast!

Treasurer Cove is the best place. Talk to Patrick (518) 668-5334

peregrine
03-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Thanks Scott, will do. Hopefully someone will answer the phone. When I called yesterday 2 of the places didn't answer.

Sweet little 16
03-07-2007, 08:25 AM
peregrine you won't be dissapointed it is a great event with great people
here's the plan for the weekend from their newsletter

see everyone there

"The Club is happy to announce the agenda for our 12th annual Dustoff weekend June 15th to 17th 2007. We have always been the innovator as far as gatherings go, and this year will be no exception. The club is dedicated to the restoration, preservation and enjoyment of the Donzi Classics and the people who own them. In that tradition we will honor the people who put that love and care into their boats to make them true classics by having a judged boat show . Then to honor the people who love to run their boats we will have a poker run that covers the entire lake. Awards for the show will be given in the following categories:

Owners Choice: presented to the boat selected by the owners at the show as their favorite
Vintage Classic: presented to the oldest boat at the show
Legacy Classic: presented to the boat with the most historic significance
Heritage Classic: presented to the boat in the best original condition
Renaissance Classic: presented to the best boat restoration
Sojourn Classic: presented to the boat that traveled the farthest to attend

The Club as always showcased the Donzi Classic and the people that share the love for them have become a family. The format for this year poker run will not only showcase each model of Classics it will make the run a group activity. For each leg of the run a Boat that knows the lake will be selected as the Lead boat. The lead boat will fly the Donzi colors and all similar boats to that model will take up the formation on that boat thus showcasing that model or type of boat. The order will be as follows
Leg 1 to the village: will be the rare or uncommon Classic, minx, criterion, hornet etc.
Leg 2 to stop 2: will be the 18 classic
Leg 3 to stop 3: will be the 22 classic
Leg 4 to stop 4: will be the 16 classic
Leg 5 to the Algonquin : will be the Big Horse Power Customized boats, the big dogs
We feel this format offers each owner the chance for their spot in the sun or clean water. It also offers the comfort and safety of traveling in numbers and for those that are new to the lake it takes the worry of getting lost away. We hope this format will make this year’s Dustoff the best Donzi experience one can ever have.

Friday 7 PM Arrival Cocktail Party location to be announced.
Saturday 8 AM Registration for the annual Lake George Donzi Classic Boat Show and Poker Run. (Coffee and Danish will be served) Boats must arrive at the docks no later than 8:30am to be entered in the show
Saturday 9:15 AM Driver Safety Meeting.
Saturday 9:30 AM Start of Poker Run.
Saturday 11:45 AM Return to the Algonquin to play your hand and vote for your owners choice, have lunch and the rest of the afternoon free to cruise the Lake.
Saturday 6:30-7 PM Meet us at the Algonquin for a pre-dinner cocktail. (Please don’t bring boats back to the Algonquin docks that evening)
Saturday 7-8 PM Dinner will be served
Saturday 8:15 - ? PM The Awards ceremony, raffle and club Auction will take place.
Sunday 10:30AM Full Lake cruise! All boats meet on the water 10:30 AM in front of the Sagamore Resort Hotel south of the main dock. We will continue north up the lake through the Islands with a stop for lunch and have you back on your trailers by 3:30 PM.

As you can see we have a full weekend of events planned. And keeping with The Lake George Donzi Clubs tradition we will be having the awards dinner at the Algonquin Bar and Grill. Please get your tickets for dinner in advance by filling out the registration form and sending out a check to the clubs address. It will be $35.00 a person in advance
$40.00 a person after May 15th 2007. The price for dinner includes tip. It will be a cash bar. "

peregrine
03-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Just got off the phone with Jonathon, booked the 15th. They want me to mail a check. I was surprised. Had the CC out and he didn't want it. :bonk:

Scott Pearson
03-08-2007, 05:31 AM
Dave, Glade to hear you got a room. What place are you staying? I know Treasure Cove takes CC.

peregrine
03-08-2007, 07:17 AM
Treasure Cove. Jonathon said they take credit cards, but not over the phone this early in the season. I booked the lakeside cabin #23 for 2 nights 14th and 15th. He asked me to mail a check for one night as a deposit.

Sweet little 16
03-08-2007, 11:48 AM
just got my confirmation

BigGrizzly
03-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Scott I have my reservations do I have to register vith you also?

Kirbyvv
03-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Randy:
Great to hear your going to make the trek north. Hope you pack that trunk with a few Solas props. I'd love to test 'em out at the dust off.
Once you have your lodging, the only thing you need to do in advance is make a reservation for the Sat. night dinner. You can get Scotts e-mail through www.lgdonziclassic.com.

BigGrizzly
03-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Props will be loaded first. Gave you and Matty my word. Besides seeing and testing is believing.

Scott Pearson
03-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Ok everyone, here is our 12 Annual spring dust-off agenda. www.lgdonziclassic.com
Please check it out and make sure you fill out the registration form early. This year is going to be a blast!

You can fill out the registration form that is attached and mail it in with your check. Please get them in before May 15th to save money and so we can have a head count.

Thanks for all your support!

ChromeGorilla
03-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Scott, kudos to whomever came up with the "different model for each leg" thing. I think it's an awesome idea! I think it will go over very well and bespeak the class of the classic....:yes:

Dr. Dan
03-18-2007, 08:53 AM
:wink: I think the concept is great too.... as long as people follow the selected group that is supposed to lead between legs? Often it seems like keeping people together is like "Hearding Cats"...I really like the concept and I hope all the participants give it a chance to work and be patient and enjoy the Event...:wink:

Not sure who is attending with me yet, Lizard is otherwise engaged that weekend so I may have some new recruits with me....

Looking forward to it.

Doc :bonk:

BigGrizzly
03-18-2007, 09:27 AM
I like the Idea. It seem I always play catch up and and am afraid of getting lost or late. This is my first Lake George event and I am sure it will be a great one.

slapshot11
03-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Scott,
I like the new running order idea. Should be alot of fun. I mailed the reservation form this morning. I'll be bringing my co-navigators (John and Don) again. Maybe I should bring one more since we missed 2 of the stops last year.:bonk:

BUIZILLA
03-18-2007, 03:50 PM
I will mail my form tomorrow.... I absolutley can't wait... :yes:

Scott Pearson
03-19-2007, 04:34 AM
Glad to hear everyone likes the the poker run format and the showcasing of each model. This was Matty Boys idea and what a great one! I think it will really be a lot of fun and keep people together enjoying the lake.

Also I will have our Club Shirts this week for early shipping. Please keep an eye out for more posts!

Thanks Everyone!

Dr. Dan
03-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Looks like Big Grizz will be leading the pack on two legs :) :) :)
Looks like a blast Scott, can't wait to get there!!

:spongebob Poodle, Dwight is going to try to get Denoyer to show with his Whippled 22 Classic, if we could actually get them to run with us...he will set a new standard for humility among even the most ardent 22 Classic Lunatics among us.... I understand his ride is capable of breaching triple digits and then some.

So that could be pretty cool, we might have a few boats that will do over 80 mph. Course that doesn't include yours depending on which one you'll bring?:bonk: :wavey: I am hoping you'll surprise me!

Denoyer - Super Scary Quick
Big Grizzly - Stupid Fast - Damn Donzi
Culotta - Silver Fox Fast - Damn Italians
Poodle - ??????
Doc - Scalded Dog
Rich - Yellow Blackhawk - No Fear
Haver - Yellow Fever

Might be an intersting run....

Doc of Dimented Donzi Dreams :beer:

BigGrizzly
03-20-2007, 10:12 AM
I don't to intend to lead any pact. I will however bring props for the boys and girls if they like to try them. Volvos are already packed.Let me know the out drive and size to try and I will see what I can do. I only lead when I know where I am going. I have not been to Lake George since I was 5 years old that was 56 years ago and in a canoe. I would prefer to run with the Criterion s. BTW Criterion means "a standard by which things are judged. I am looking forward to this event, Hopefully my son will join me as a co driver, looks like the wife can't go.

bob haver
03-26-2007, 06:35 PM
all set for the dust off i have the room &slip. i won't be able to stay with 80+ club but i can pull a strong 76 maybe 77 if i use lighter oil just kidding can't wait to see every one always a good time in lake george:wink:

undertaker
03-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Sounds like it is going to be an awesome event...:yes: :yes: ......damn it I can not believe I am going to miss it....:mad: :mad:

Undertaker:frown:

Air 22
03-26-2007, 08:10 PM
all set for the dust off i have the room &slip. i won't be able to stay with 80+ club but i can pull a strong 76 maybe 77 if i use lighter oil just kidding can't wait to see every one always a good time in lake george:wink:

Bob..I'd like to take you up on your offer last year to try that Bravo I Prop you run..I'll be in town on the 9th-17th Treasure Cove Cabin #22 . I may have my Stock lower Unit swithed back by then but either way I wanna c what the 502 will do w 26hrs on it now...:bonk: I'm not leading any packs either...I may run the flag to help out Scott :cool: from stop 3 to 4 as I know the lake very well growing up there etc...Looks like another Great event this year!!!:yes:

Let me know when you will be up and we'll hook-up...:wink:

bob haver
03-26-2007, 08:31 PM
no problem dwight i will be up friday afternoon maybe if we call whipple and tell them we need 2 blowers they might give us a deal?:bonk:

Air 22
03-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Bob...great.. give me a call on Friday..sending u my # via pvt msg...:wink:

Budmann
04-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Well, I just spoke with Jim H. and I think we may try and make it up there for this event. Have never ventured this far with my baby, sooo better get under the hatch!:crossfing: :crossfing:

Not sure if we will be bring the boat or flying or driving!

If someone would be kind enough to list hotels, airports, airliness, etc. we would like to start looking into it.

Bud and Jodeye

Air 22
04-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Budman..You two have to come...and bring the Donzi...you will luv it up there...Jodie can sleep w/ us:yes: ... you can have the porch...lol:lookaroun:

Just kidding...:wink: The Treasure Cove(Has a ramp) is were we are and the Capri Village is next door..both have slips but you better call asap they might be sold out but you can tie up or just trailer it at night!!

C u two there...:yes: :beer: :beer:
Treasure Cove 518-668-5334
Capri Village 518-668-4829
Diamond Cove Resort 518-668-3161

Closest airport is Albany NY 60mi south of LG all the majors and Southwest fly there!

Budmann
04-22-2007, 08:26 PM
We are workin on it! It being Father's day I told my little girl I would fly up to Indiana and spnd it with her. She is coming down the end of May for 4 days so I will work on her. She's the boss (besides Jodeye):)

Budmann
04-22-2007, 09:32 PM
I saw that Jim (Buizilla) sent in his form?? Is there something we need to send in??

Dr. Dan
04-23-2007, 08:34 AM
I saw that Jim (Buizilla) sent in his form?? Is there something we need to send in??

:spongebob: Go to the Lake George website, and look under Events, there is a Dinner Registration Form, so they know how many to plan for, also has registration info for your Boat(which you should bring)...

If you stage the Trip, its really not bad at all.... I-95 is a Flat Tow, I have specific directions that would route you around Baltimore/Philly/NYC and keep ya moving North.... if you're serious and interested private mail me and I will highlight the details....

:wink: :beer: It would be great to have you guys in Lake George!

Doc - Another Athletic Supporter :wavey:

Tom Davis
04-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Budmann, you definately want to run this lake in your own ride, not that everyone wouldn't be willing, but this is a lake you really have to drive to appreciate! Really long uniterupted runs at WOT nothing to hit, deep lake, no boat traffic (it's still off season that weekend so the lake has not crowded up yet), and one of the most scenic lakes you will every see.

This is one of my favorite runs all year, bring a boat if you can, either way we look forward to seeing you.

Tom Davis
Winni Bandits

need for speed
04-25-2007, 10:39 AM
:wink: So far looks like I am comming all alone got a room at TC .

Sweet little 16
04-26-2007, 09:59 AM
looks like alot of people are coming
looking forward to meeting everyone

ChromeGorilla
04-27-2007, 02:10 PM
If anyone one staying at Treasure Cove with a slip reserved there and will not be able to make it, please let me know ASAP. I would like to stay there but all slips are taken.

varsanyi@bellsouth.net

I will be out of the country until June 3rd but I check email daily. Please let me know. I will take the reservation off your hands

You peeps that have stayed at Capri before..... where have you launched? At Chic's, or will Treasure Cove let you launch for a fee?

Inquiring mind wants to know.......:yes: :wink: :hyper:

glashole
04-27-2007, 03:16 PM
this year and last year i also got stiffed for a slip

last year however wasn;t that bad

no charge to use the slip at the tressure cove and it was quite deep

it wasn't too crowded there last year with a minimal wait time

the turn around and what not is a little small but managable and unorganized if there is a ton of people

there is a parking lot right there to leave the boat on the trailer :)

Tom Davis
04-27-2007, 03:39 PM
I have stayed at Capri for the past four or five years, this is what I learned...

NO YOU CAN'T use the ramp at TC if you are not staying there, period. Trust me I've tried.

You can put in at Chic's but it will cost you! They are kind of rude too. If you don't move quickly launch and leave they started yelling at Kim! Trailer parking sucks at Chic's unless you're a mountain goat.

Putting the boat on the trailer each night is not reallty a big deal at TC you will have plenty of help.

Doctor Dan has reserved the best slip on the lake each year, next door at Capri in the middle of the boat house. Don't even try to mees with Dan on that one :uzi:

Hope to see you up there.

Tom Davis
Winni Bandits

DON N.
04-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Hi Tom & Kim,

Chic's Is Not User Friendly. Norwals Is Probably One Of The Best Launchs At Lake George, It's The Right Hand Turn Right Before The Road To The Sagamore. Hope You See You Folks There !

ChromeGorilla
04-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Like I said... hopfully something opens up at Treasure Cove. :crossfing:

It would be nice to be able to stay/launch/dock at one spot.

I may just stay at my folks place on Sacandaga and launch/retrieve both days.....:boggled:

Ahh hell I dunno what I'm gonna do yet. I have a reservation at Capri for the time being.

Dr. Dan
04-27-2007, 09:00 PM
:wink: Yo Scotty! I do stay at the Capri.... and I do launch at the Chics Marina... a couple of options.

First: I do have a great Slip at the Capri, and actually if you can get next to the Boat house it is also good Docking. They have 2 Internal Slips, but I have used the one on the outside also and it was no worries. Ask John and Linda and see if you can get one next to the Boat house...

Second: Chics is not a bad place to launch, they are Italians, and Tony can come off kinda ...with an attitude if you press him. Fact is I have never had an issue there. In fact they know my Boat and me well. Liz and I launch there...she drives the boat back to the Hotel, I run the Trailer and Burban back and meet her. The name of the game is be ready before you run down to the launch...have the plug in at the Hotel, get the Fenders ready,Lines and all, do all of your "Pre-Launch Activities and Checklist" before you pull down to the Marina Launch.... it is wicked tight there and they do not have the room or the time to pack more than 2 rigs in the staging lanes. It's not bad if you are ready... but like any ramp....it can get the Blood Pressure going if a couple things go wrong...

I will be happy to assist in the launch and retrieve if need be. Chics does have an upper lot, which is a Goat Path at best... but its another option to leave the Trailer if you want. I keep mine at the Capri and Lock it.

Last year I put in at Chics, but on Sunday I pulled out at the Cove... I am sure I was just lucky.... but truth is it was just one more Donzi that day an I am sure difficult to track unless you were really monitoring the Launch.

The Lake Pass is like $19 for 3 days and $11 to Launch...I pay $12 on the Bay so it seems fair to me. Norwells or what ever is a flatter area, but further into Boltan Landing... but also has all of the conveniences...

I will be in on Thursday about Mid Day... Dwight will already be up there as well... so let us know... my Cell is the same.

Doc of Territorial Slips....:wink:

ChromeGorilla
04-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Sounds good Danny. I'll be flyin solo this trip, so an extra hand would be great launching. I reserved a slip as well. Everybody knows the doc has slip seniority at Capri.... :wink:

I'm not sure when I'll be rolling into town. I'm pretty flexible seeing as I have the entire month of June off...... :yes: :hyper: :smash:

Doing Jacksonville PR the weekend before then rollin on up to the Saratoga area. Then rollin to LG with the boat on Fri.

BUIZILLA
04-27-2007, 09:11 PM
why can't we run a rope between the boathouses at both resorts and tie boats off that rope together in line..... some of us have tow vehicle issues...

ChromeGorilla
04-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Jim, your right.... aint to easy to launch and retrieve your boat everyday with yer rig....:boggled:

If it comes down to it, you can use my truck if you like to launch and retrieve both days..... I'm here for ya man!

or perhaps some ninja docking at dust.......:yes:

undertaker
04-28-2007, 08:29 AM
Chrome doesn't your truck have problems pulling boats up ramps:eek!: :eek!: :) :) :) maybe someone else to volunteer there vehicle.....sorry man had to do it:) :) :) :)

Undertaker:boggled:

ChromeGorilla
04-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Chrome doesn't your truck have problems pulling boats up ramps:eek!: :eek!: :) :) :) maybe someone else to volunteer there vehicle.....sorry man had to do it:) :) :) :)
Undertaker:boggled:

Rat bastard......:smash: LOL.... It was once. and that was in Miami on that god forsaken ramp. With friends like these... I tell ya....:boggled: :tongue: :wink:

need for speed
04-28-2007, 09:58 AM
A big truck like that you should n't need a real ramp!!! :wink: GUess I will pack a tow strap for the trip!

ChromeGorilla
04-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Hmm, a new project: I need to photoshop the picture of your new girlfriend into the picture of your truck being pushed up the ramp.. :yes: :yes:
Who's REALLY good with photoshop here?? :D :D :D

Bite me Poodle. :smash: So you and the wife gonna be there or what muchacho?

ChromeGorilla
04-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Dude. I have the whole month of June off. I can show up when ever I want. I'll call you later today. Convoy. We can draft off of Jim and save a few MPG. :D

Dr. Dan
04-28-2007, 10:23 AM
why can't we run a rope between the boathouses at both resorts and tie boats off that rope together in line..... some of us have tow vehicle issues...

:spongebob: Jimmy, I can let you use the Burban if you want to launch your Donzis, I normally drop the Trailer in the Capri grasslands...so it will be available.

I think this might be one of the legendary DustOffs.... God knows we are overdue! But I think this will be another one for the record books.....

Looking Forward to it....

Doc of Supplimental Tow Rigs & Bow Tie Winches :beer:

ChromeGorilla
04-28-2007, 10:25 AM
& Bow Tie Winches :beer:

Winches or wenches?:wink: :hyper:

or both? :D See ya soon Dan.

ChromeGorilla
04-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Thats it.... I'm not going. :mad: :tongue: :wink:

Oh and I have Aug, Oct, and Dec off too............ :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Sweet little 16
04-28-2007, 02:57 PM
there is all types of antics at the ramp at TC, water walking, lineless launching, driver less boat retrival, depending on the slip tho dumping and trailering isn't a bad thing and it is pretty easy, we have never had a chebby stuck tho, not to worry Matty's windstar can pull it out

peregrine
04-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Between all the ribbing I couldn't tell if you guys need any help. I will have my 2wd truck there. I just put a receiver on it last weekend. It is a 2", so if you need to use the truck at TC where we have a cabin you are more than welcome to. I could lie and tell them the boat is mine and you could leave the trailer there too. I rented a cabin, the least they could do is let me leave a boat and trailer in the lot. The wife and I will be there boatless. I am taking the bike though, so you can use the truck all you need. Unless it is raining, then I need to use it, nuff said.

Dave
860-921-7701 cell

BUIZILLA
04-30-2007, 11:19 AM
thanx everybody for the offers to help.... i'm sure we'll be leaning on a couple of ya's... if we can sneak both rigs in TC under alias's we're covered... we're bringing a couple bikes too...

I am soooooo ready to get there..... :yes: :yes: :yes:

peregrine
04-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Just let me know. We are booked Thurs and Fri night. We are leaving Sat afternoon. Little man's christening Sunday and it has, like, a 60 person guest list and catered. My in-laws......screw up a wet dream I tell ya, if you know what I mean!

Tom Davis
04-30-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm sure you'll have plenty of help launching and retrieving but if you need a truck or a hand Kim & I will be staying at TC and will be pulling in Thursday around noon. I have a Dodge 4x4 with a short cab and short wheel base, very manuverable in close quaters. Sounds like we're going to have a great turn out this year, so lets all work together to get the boats in and out of the water. That in itself should be worth a few laughs :yes:

If John @ Capri asks if you have a preference, request the slip on the outside of the boat house on the TC side. I have used this slip for the past few years and it is better protected form the prevailing wind/waves and boat wakes comming off the lake. Plus theres less bird **** on your boat than inside the boat house!

Looking forward to seeing everybody!

Tom Davis
Winni Bandits

ChromeGorilla
04-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Tom and Jim..... you guys are right.... it's sounding like it's gonna be a good one this year!:yes:

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!:yes:

I hope the next month flies by.

roadtrip se
05-01-2007, 10:11 PM
:spongebob Poodle, Dwight is going to try to get Denoyer to show with his Whippled 22 Classic, if we could actually get them to run with us...he will set a new standard for humility among even the most ardent 22 Classic Lunatics among us.... I understand his ride is capable of breaching triple digits and then some.
So that could be pretty cool, we might have a few boats that will do over 80 mph. Course that doesn't include yours depending on which one you'll bring?:bonk: :wavey: I am hoping you'll surprise me!
Denoyer - Super Scary Quick
Big Grizzly - Stupid Fast - Damn Donzi
Culotta - Silver Fox Fast - Damn Italians
Poodle - ??????
Doc - Scalded Dog
Rich - Yellow Blackhawk - No Fear
Haver - Yellow Fever
Might be an intersting run....
Doc of Dimented Donzi Dreams :beer:

Might I add the Roadtrip Somerville Edition? A fine 22 showboat with a refreshing afterspray. Of course, my valve springs are on their last legs, so I might not be able to hang with you big dogs, but we certainly should find out.

How else am I going to get a true read on how the ghostly blue Criterion (with a worked 540) lake impediment truly runs?

Have I heard rumbles that a certain Catch 22 might show his 90MPH head on this 45MPH lake?

The 22 Classic segment of the Poker Run could be ruthless.

Looking at scheduling and logistics very hard.

How does an out-of-towner get a slip around these parts?

Edit: Booked starting Wednesday at the Capri village with a slip. Now, where did I put all of those boat parts?

Scott Pearson
05-03-2007, 05:57 AM
Hey everyone...If you havent gotten your dinner registration in yet please do. I will need a closer head count for Dinner so we have enough food. Please help me out on this one so I dosnt end up costing the club.

Thanks!!

Kirbyvv
05-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Here's the link for the dinner reservation form:
http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/LGDonzi_Registration_07.pdf

Dr. Dan
05-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Might I add the Roadtrip Somerville Edition? A fine 22 showboat with a refreshing afterspray. Of course, my valve springs are on their last legs, so I might not be able to hang with you big dogs, but we certainly should find out.
How else am I going to get a true read on how the ghostly blue Criterion (with a worked 540) lake impediment truly runs?
Have I heard rumbles that a certain Catch 22 might show his 90MPH head on this 45MPH lake?
The 22 Classic segment of the Poker Run could be ruthless.
Looking at scheduling and logistics very hard.
How does an out-of-towner get a slip around these parts?
Edit: Booked starting Wednesday at the Capri village with a slip. Now, where did I put all of those boat parts?

Wow... I can't believe you might actually put some miles on that Luxo Excursion and Tow that Myco all the way to LG? :spongebob:

I guess I better schedule a visit at Holdens place before Lake George, you are always costing me money "Boy Todd & Rooster Tail"!

I will look forward to watching you running against actual skilled Donzi Classic Drivers, the largest contingent of Super High Powered 22 Classics on the planet will be in attendence. This could be our own little "Bull Run"?

I hope you actually make it...I think you will have a great time....I know the rest of us will ... I think you will come back once you come to Lake George.... it's in your blood.:wavey:

I will appeal to the weather Gods and request great Sunny Days.... also this may be tough for you Todd... you won't have to dodge any Logs on LG.:bonk:

Very Cool

Doc of Anticipation :beer:

BUIZILLA
05-03-2007, 09:33 PM
damm, I need to find 200 new HP quick like....

undertaker
05-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Damn I can not believe I am going to miss this....please take lots of pics...

Undertaker:)

ChromeGorilla
05-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Damn I can not believe I am going to miss this....please take lots of pics...
Undertaker:)

I don't wanna hear this nonsense..... get that bling up there dammit!:yes:

It's gonna be a good one!

Air 22
05-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Sounds good Danny. I'll be flyin solo this trip, so an extra hand would be great launching. I reserved a slip as well. Everybody knows the doc has slip seniority at Capri.... :wink:
I'm not sure when I'll be rolling into town. I'm pretty flexible seeing as I have the entire month of June off...... :yes: :hyper: :smash:
Doing Jacksonville PR the weekend before then rollin on up to the Saratoga area. Then rollin to LG with the boat on Fri.

Chrome..u can tie up your "Bling Machine" next to mine if needed(Please have it spotless....lol:yes: ) :yes: . I have extra fenders so no worries.:wink: If you also have some thats great we'll make it work. We are at the Treasure Cove. I'll be up there all week so just "holla" if ya need help...:beer:

need for speed
05-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Got any more room, next to that red 22.!! I will also be flying solo should be fun!!!!:wink:
Got a room at T.C! No slips they say!

Scott Pearson
05-11-2007, 06:06 AM
Guys,
If you dont have a boat slip dont worry. Its a great ramp to pull out of and there is plenty of parking. It will pretty much be only the Donzi Group so you will have a bunch of help.

Its gonna be a good one this year! Look foward to seeing everyone!

BigGrizzly
05-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the info Scott. My wife is coming and is excited. I didn't get a slip -all were gone.

roadtrip se
05-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the info Scott. My wife is coming and is excited. I didn't get a slip -all were gone.

Griz, I think we may have a way to hook you up....

roadtrip se
05-14-2007, 02:08 PM
I guess I better schedule a visit at Holdens place before Lake George, you are always costing me money "Boy Todd & Rooster Tail"!
Doc of Anticipation :beer:

was not what I had planned on for this weekend as I spent many hours in the bilge chasing gremlins getting ready for AOTH. After a lot of TLC and duct tape, she is glued together enough to not embarass me at Lake Cumberland, but I won't be bringing her to Lake George in such condition.

She is going in next Monday for the makeover. Yep, you guessed it, no knives at the gun fight. Most likely valve springs and whatever else she needs to bring her into concourse condition.

If I am going to be embarrassed, I am going down in style.

22 Bull Run at Lake George 2007 is going to be a hoot.

Dr. Dan
05-14-2007, 09:23 PM
was not what I had planned on for this weekend as I spent many hours in the bilge chasing gremlins getting ready for AOTH. After a lot of TLC and duct tape, she is glued together enough to not embarass me at Lake Cumberland, but I won't be bringing her to Lake George in such condition.
She is going in next Monday for the makeover. Yep, you guessed it, no knives at the gun fight. Most likely valve springs and whatever else she needs to bring her into concourse condition.
If I am going to be embarrassed, I am going down in style.
22 Bull Run at Lake George 2007 is going to be a hoot.

:spongebob: Todd, no worries Mate, I am getting some Bottom Paint from Poodle so that after "Your Valve Job" or Concourse Skunk Works Project or whatever you're calling it... that our boats will be more evenly matched...so not to worry? I believe the bottom paint should keep me below 80! Really! I promise! Now the Dogman Barks with a muzzeled Tongue.... and we already know Grizzly is gonna be all warmed up for this DustOff...soooooo don't be worrying about little oh me... I'll be in the back drop of all the 80 mile an hour 496 HO's ..which will be behind Tom Davis and his completely stock 496 HO and Bob Havers Stock 502 MPI, and hmmmm well then we'll just have to see about the Lunatic Blackhawk from lake Winnie.... always a protagonist.

Man I am glad there's not going to be any competition at these Donzi Rallies, it makes it so much more "Warm & Fuzzy" :beer:

Ahhhh to run in non foreign waters and actually know where I am going... what a novel concept... lets just hope for good weather...and all will be right with the World!

Good Luck this week in Cumberland...don't sink or break anything before Lake George... I couldn't handle the dissapointment of the anticipated spanking that is likely to be happening on the Queen of Americas Lakes.:wavey:

Doc of the Negotiated Slow Ride :bighug:

BUIZILLA
05-14-2007, 09:31 PM
can I borrow a couple hundred horsey's from someone??

:confused:

slapshot11
05-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Hey Doc,
Where do the lowly 22's with stock 502's that only run in the low 70's fit in?:(
Norm

Tom Davis
05-15-2007, 02:08 PM
I talked to "the Lunatic Blackhawk from lake Winnie" and he said he was going to try to do both AOTH and the LG Dust Off this year, I urged him to attend! He was fun to watch last year and a great guy to hang with. He just comes out of nowhere and dusts everybody, NO FEAR :eek!: then circles around behind the pack and does it again! It's just his thing, you can tell by the big smile and a wave on his way by.

I'll be running a little slower this year unfortunately, I'm having a problem with pulley alignment on the serpentine belt and the gimble ring and bearing on the mid need to be replaced. I will get the belt problem straightened out but the gimble will have to wait (I'm fixing it when I put on the external hydraulics). The boat gets a little unstable at much over 78mph so I'll be running with the majority of the pack this year. I'll just video all the big dogs as they fly by.

I'm really looking forward to this one, it looks like it's going to be one for the books...:yes:

Tom Davis
Winni Bandits

glashole
05-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Tom- weren't you playing with that belt at LG last year?

roadtrip se
05-15-2007, 09:00 PM
can I borrow a couple hundred horsey's from someone??
:confused:

I'm still trying to find the ones I thought I had! No loaners available.

Dr. Dan
05-16-2007, 12:01 AM
Hey Doc,
Where do the lowly 22's with stock 502's that only run in the low 70's fit in?:(
Norm

Actually I believe thats really where most of us will be.... the run itself will be a follow the leader type format for the Style Selected to lead that specific leg of the run. Soooo don't fret... all the BS is friendly fire for us idiots who have very bad judgement when it comes to "Rational Spending" on our Toys.... I believe this will be a great Event...lets hope for good weather.

So it should be a great time...and really the hidden secret is we will have 5 or 6 Criterions in attendence, sooo I am really looking forward to getting some great shots of all those boys running. I think anyone who has never run this Event should clear their schedule and get your asses to the DustOff!

This year is guaranteed to Rock! Roadtrip is actually getting a valve job so he can keep up with Poodle. :wink:

Me well I'll be rallying the forces from all vantage points .... you guys just work on the weather!

Lets get ahold of Weavers and have them drag the Hornet out....I am working on Denoyers Son with the Whippled 22, it is said to run in ideal conditions over 105 mph! Looking forward to it all...I am running up early this year.... I wanna practice driving with the Bottom Paint...I hear it effects your docking ability?

Doc of Dusty Things :smash:

Tom Davis
05-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Yes I first had the problem with the serpentine belt at Lake George during the second leg of the poker run, the belt came off, ended up getting towed back to TC ramp. Spent the rest of the day getting it fixed, ended up being two out of three screws that hold the alt in place had come out and when the third came loose the belt jumped off. Trying to get wierd metric bolts around those parts turned out to take the rest of the day. I ended up at Performance marine and they had a 496 on a pallet that they took the bolts I needed from.

Ran well for the rest of the season but on the last day out in the fall, it jumped off again :mad: Now I really have to get to the bottom of this before Lake George Dust off. I don't want to ask for another tow, this is a long lake if you are up at the far end!

I should have the boat stocked with a few bottles of fine wine just in case, George & Bonnie style...

Looking forward to this, only 28 days to go :eek!: :crossfing: :wink:

Tom Davis
Winni Bandits

roadtrip se
05-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Scallop away my friend. May I also recomend a set of windshield wipers for the rooster spray that you will continue to endure? Of course you know, my only real goal is to see that hat fly off at 80. Is that thing attached with wing nuts or what?

Yep, as per ususal, Poodle is costing me copious amounts of dough, and the sad part is, I'm not even sure what his boat will do with the mysterious volvo 600 540 in the bilge. Even worse, he wants to borrow my fastest prop for "testing", so he can go out and beat me with it. Should I hand him my wallet too? Oh well, I have stuff that needs to be done, so we'll get it done.

Trash talk is cheap, and in this case, tongue in cheek, but making it stick is expensive!

Dr. Dan
05-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Scallop away my friend. May I also recomend a set of windshield wipers for the rooster spray that you will continue to endure? Of course you know, my only real goal is to see that hat fly off at 80. Is that thing attached with wing nuts or what?
Yep, as per ususal, Poodle is costing me copious amounts of dough, and the sad part is, I'm not even sure what his boat will do with the mysterious volvo 600 540 in the bilge. Even worse, he wants to borrow my fastest prop for "testing", so he can go out and beat me with it. Should I hand him my wallet too? Oh well, I have stuff that needs to be done, so we'll get it done.
Trash talk is cheap, and in this case, tongue in cheek, but making it stick is expensive!

:smash: Yeah Whatever Rooster Breath! Keep Talking, don't be worried about the Blue Venom Snake...I'm not the one with the poisonous bite this year!

It'll be the Rabid Dog Bite! That will be the deal!

Doc of the Non-Awakening :cool!:

Air 22
05-26-2007, 09:11 PM
damm, I need to find 200 new HP quick like....

Jim...Just up the road from the Treasure Cove is a Horse Stable...they have a couple of "Horses" we can borrow at a great price....lol:eek!::bonk::yes:
I'm with you in the back of the... "Doc of 80+" , "RoadTrip" of I know can but havn't done it yet beat Doc of 80+ and the "Lookout Mad Miamuh Poodle of 80++++ ???".....Good thing the lake has a speedlimit of 45mph :eek!: hmmmmm:bonk:

This going to be one super event. :wink:My friend Tom DeNooyer should have his 22 Limited Edition HP500Whipple there...don't blink or you may miss seeing it...:yes:

roadtrip se
05-27-2007, 09:52 AM
This going to be one super event. :wink:My friend Tom DeNooyer should have his 22 Limited Edition HP500Whipple there...don't blink or you may miss seeing it...:yes:

I watched that boat come together a couple of years ago. Looks like an awesome package.

Might have to slow down long enough to see him run, but after this year's AOTH, I know what it's like to be running 80 and still catch somebody's spray! Thoughts to self, "Damm, did I just shove this thing into reverse, look down at tach, nope still running 5300." Of course, we had procharged, av gas, and Lip****z massaged monsters this year at Cumberland, so I think I can handle the abuse at Lake George.

Half way through the makeover, we will be ready...

Air 22
05-27-2007, 12:01 PM
I watched that boat come together a couple of years ago. Looks like an awesome package.
Might have to slow down long enough to see him run, but after this year's AOTH, I know what it's like to be running 80 and still catch somebody's spray! Thoughts to self, "Damm, did I just shove this thing into reverse, look down at tach, nope still running 5300." Of course, we had procharged, av gas, and Lip****z massaged monsters this year at Cumberland, so I think I can handle the abuse at Lake George.
Half way through the makeover, we will be ready...

"Makeover"????hmmmm......does it start w/ a P or W?:wink: Doc can't sleep anymore wondering???...:smash::outtahere::biggrin:

I'll be at the finishline taking it all in......on tape....:yes::beer:

Todd give me a call...919.696.1968..we will be in LG on the 9th so I can help you on WED etc...

zimm17
05-30-2007, 05:37 AM
I got hooked at AOTH. I might make this trip. Depends how the whipple runs. I'm looking to test fire it up this weekend and get it tuned next week. If all goes well I'll look into making reservations. If not- I can make the Sept event.

Dr. Dan
05-30-2007, 06:28 AM
I got hooked at AOTH. I might make this trip. Depends how the whipple runs. I'm looking to test fire it up this weekend and get it tuned next week. If all goes well I'll look into making reservations. If not- I can make the Sept event.

:wavey:Zimmster! The DustOff is the quintessential Classic Showcase Event...so if ya can swing it... make it to the DustOff!

The Picnic is alot lower key... and one of my favorite Events. In fact this year I will be at the Picnic as well...

We want to have as many Classics in any size as possible! This year we stand the chance to make this DustOff ... one of the largest attended Donzi Events!

I live just up Interstate 83 just over the Maryland Line.... its about a 7 + hour jaunt for me! I usually drive up to 287/87 Junction and crash at the Rest Stop there... then finish the Trip the next morning!

Shoot me a PM if ya have any questions... I can save ya some time heading North!

Doc :spongebob: