PDA

View Full Version : buzzing noise

DAULEY
11-12-2006, 08:12 AM
went out for a ride yesterday a bit cold but fun and noticed a buzzing noise comming from the hull cant figure it out
any ideas what it could be

DonCig
11-12-2006, 08:26 AM
went out for a ride yesterday a bit cold but fun and noticed a buzzing noise comming from the hull cant figure it out
any ideas what it could be
I picked up a buzzing noise with my new engine in my Classic 18, it took a little while to locate it but it was the chrome plate below the front lifting eye touching the fiberglass of the deck at exactly the right frequency to make a buzzing noise. A wooden toothpick wedged underneath fixed it for at least 5 years. LOL
I hate rattles and buzzing noises in cars, boats, cycles and airplanes.

Don

DAULEY
11-12-2006, 08:29 AM
Don
the hull feels like its vibrating

DonCig
11-12-2006, 08:43 AM
Don
the hull feels like its vibrating
Any chance that the tabs or the drive might not be tight?

DAULEY
11-12-2006, 08:55 AM
both are tight

MOP
11-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Bob I would start at the prop, I had a brand new S/S one on the 16 that needed near 3/4oz cut out of it to get it in balance. I like anyone else expect a new prop to be true/balanced on delivery but have learned not to bank on it.

DAULEY
11-12-2006, 10:27 AM
thanks
ill try another prop

olredalert
11-12-2006, 11:14 AM
-------I found a motor-mount that had worked its way loose that I think was causing some unusual harmonics in the El-P. Wont know till spring as I never noticed the mount until I was winterizing.........Bill S

DAULEY
11-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Bill
ill check that also
you have open water year around and indian summer is still comming
take her for another run
do you use antifreze i just drain and leave hoses off and drain plugs out in case i want to go for a winter ride maybe 70s in december lol

olredalert
11-12-2006, 08:31 PM
--------Yah know,,,I just trust Ed Smith (local racer with a # of national championships) to do the winterizing correctly, so I cant answer your question. As for running it again, the boat is at Chris's now awaiting radio gurus. Something I have been wanting to do ever since we finished the resto. Feel the need for tunes!!!.........Bill S