PDA

View Full Version : New Mercruiser recall

Carl C
11-08-2006, 02:27 PM
I just got this in the mail. At least my boats already in the shop. I guess I'll fax this to the service manager

RedDog
11-08-2006, 02:54 PM
what is a "fuel damper" and do I have one in my '98 502 MAG? that I need to worry about?

blueliner
11-08-2006, 03:04 PM
carl,
is this a 496 ho issue??? i haven't received my letter yet if it is... my boats going in the shop in a couple weeks, to start dealing with this engine stringer support issue, i guess they can do this as well, if it is a ho problem.

I just got this in the mail. At least my boats already in the shop. I guess I'll fax this to the service manager

Carl C
11-08-2006, 03:29 PM
I know a thing or two about engines but I don't know what a fuel damper is!! Blueliner, yes I have a 496 HO. You could call the phone # near the bottom of the letter to get the serial #s involved.

LKSD
11-09-2006, 07:16 AM
It is for the 496 models only, also not every 496 is affected.. Jamie

I could probably find a text book answer, but in laymans basic terms a fuel dampner looks similar to a regulator. Certain fuel pumps & systems have strong pulses the dampener's job is to kind of smooth out the fuel flow thru the rail. Without them on some applications some funky stuff can happen. Jamie / Lakeside

need for speed
11-12-2006, 08:56 PM
got my letter in the mail.... hmmm now where the hell is this clip.... .. does n't sounds too major not about to take my boat in and let it side out for days for them to do a 5 mins job... :bonk: Anyone got a pic of what the problem is?