PDA

View Full Version : GT21 on OSO

Dredgeking
11-08-2006, 09:54 AM
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-13192.html

Is that a factory windshield? I dig the sportier seats. And is that really an OMC outdrive?

Neat looking boat.

BUIZILLA
11-08-2006, 10:30 AM
nope, not an OMC.... :bonk:

Just Say N20
11-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Outdrive looks like an early Volvo 270.

Dredgeking
11-08-2006, 12:24 PM
I really don't like ads that have obvious mis-information. Maybe he doesn't know, but I don't want to buy a boat, or anything, from someone who doesn't know the product they are selling.

Sagbay32
11-08-2006, 08:53 PM
I really don't like ads that have obvious mis-information. Maybe he doesn't know, but I don't want to buy a boat, or anything, from someone who doesn't know the product they are selling.

I prefer dealing with the uninformed crowd. Usually the best deals come from people that don't know what they have.

Mike

*Dig those crazy exhaust elbows!

Goochman
11-08-2006, 08:59 PM
I understand where you're coming from, but there aren't a whole lot of old GT 21's around and the configurations can be confusing. I have a 68 with a Volvo 280 drive coupled to a H/M Ford 427. In these pictures the drive does resemble a Volvo. To get a classic like that that's also pretty good looking (in the pics) for under 10K with a trailer? I would say go get it. :wink:

olredalert
11-08-2006, 10:50 PM
-----The windshield might be part of the original, but its been cut down severly. The original 21GT windshields have been talked about numerous times on this sight. The aluminum frames were notoriously soft and flexible and without extra strenghtening would bend downward in the middle at the slightest provocation. This is not the only shortened up windshield I have seen on a 21GT,,, not by a long shot. The factory had an optional fix with a strengthening bar from the dash to the center of the windshield but it was like a well guarded secret for some unknown reason.
------Those non-original seats are actually scary looking. Original style was far better!!!!.......Bill S

Dredgeking
11-09-2006, 05:45 AM
Bill, those aren't favorite seats, but I like the updated interior of the Shelby 22's and wouldn't mind updating an older boat for more comfort.

I don't think I'd even bother with the elbows.

Cuda
11-09-2006, 08:07 AM
You would think Randy Sweers would know what kind of outdrive it is.:confused: :( :boggled:

Dredgeking
11-09-2006, 12:37 PM
I agree. I think Randy or anyone posting the ad for Randy should know the product they are selling.

Islander
11-11-2006, 06:25 AM
The aluminum frames were notoriously soft and flexible and without extra strenghtening would bend downward in the middle at the slightest provocation. This is not the only shortened up windshield I have seen on a 21GT,,, not by a long shot. The factory had an optional fix with a strengthening bar from the dash to the center of the windshield but it was like a well guarded secret for some unknown reason.
.......Bill S
Bill,
Here's my solution. Now it's strong enough that you can lean on it.

olredalert
11-11-2006, 09:39 AM
-------That post is almost exactly what the factory did back in the day. I still dont know why they didnt just put it on all 21GTs and solve the problem......Bill S

Danny
11-14-2006, 08:55 AM
My73 has a 350 Vette engine with a 280. Has want I think was a factory installed support post for the windshield. The boat originally had log style manifolds. This boat was all robin egg blue at one point judging by the present deck colour, I have seen several GTs that are were once that colour

lars
11-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Sierra Boat Co. has had this one on consignment a couple of years. I've seen it a few times and it's very clean and original. The asking price has never been lowered, but the right buyer might be well recieved !
http://www.sierraboat.com/boats/205.html

Lenny
11-20-2006, 11:29 PM
NOTE the windshield support bar and basically, ALL STOCK deck hardware...

Nice looking boat :)

The DONZI decal is not correct tho.

boldts
11-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Very nice GT. I love the color combo and the decal issue could be quickly fixed with a call to Mr. Richard Weaver. Newer Fuelie motor and looks like a Merc. outdrive maybe? How about that clear water they are boating in. Very nice Donzi.

Just Say N20
11-22-2006, 06:42 PM
I remember that ad, after you posted the pictures. Do you remember what they were asking back then?

Donziweasel
11-22-2006, 07:51 PM
I like the seats. What did they come out of? They look much more comfortable than the stock seats in my Classic. Anyone ever change the seats in your classic? If you did, were they more comforable? Was it an easy conversion?

Brian Becker
12-22-2006, 09:37 PM
I had a 21 with a 427 trs It came with a chopper prop Took awhile to plane but once up and running it threw a real big rooster tail My windsheild was cut down, I liked the look Was white with a red stripe down the middle Traded for a 27 magnum that was a clunker Big mistake Really miss that boat Mine was a 72