PDA

View Full Version : 33Z thru hull exhaust

geerbox
11-07-2006, 10:26 PM
I have a 1989 33z, it has the same color scheme as CaptWK's 33z that he just sold. Mine however, is powered by 454's with bravo drives. I had it for sale a couple of months ago, but it didn't sell. A potential buyer questioned the transom because it didn't have thru-hull exhaust. He thought it should have factory thru-hull and not thru-prop only. He is wondering if anything has been done to the transom. I have not done anything to the transom and I do not know of anything being done to it in the past. Does anyone one know if this sounds like a big concern? There doesn't appear to be any signs of repair or replacement of the transom. Should this boat have been equipped with thru-hull exhaust from the factory?

Donzigo
11-08-2006, 01:04 AM
Most were; but, it couldhave been done without, if orderred that way.

33 crossbow
11-09-2006, 12:35 PM
I have an 88 that had 454 bravo set-up. Now with custom power and custom dry headers, I still have the original exhaust manifolds and original stainless tailpipes and tru-hull tips. The are for sale CHEAP CHEAP.........

Tim

cell 248-866-6458

e-mail: tim@gafrisch.com

geerbox
12-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Thanks to 33 Crossbow I got all of the parts to change to thru hull exhaust, except I'm missing one 4" tip, so if anyone has an extra laying around I would buy it from you. I have been looking at at the old exhaust and I can't figure out how to get the Y pipes out of there, are they totally necessary to remove? Some help and advice is much appreciated.

z33donzi
09-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks to 33 Crossbow I got all of the parts to change to thru hull exhaust, except I'm missing one 4" tip, so if anyone has an extra laying around I would buy it from you. I have been looking at at the old exhaust and I can't figure out how to get the Y pipes out of there, are they totally necessary to remove? Some help and advice is much appreciated.
i will have 3 tips for you when i change mine over to angle tips this month spet/ so give me an e-mail tommym1960@windstream.net