PDA

View Full Version : Insurance underwriters in Canada

Graham
11-07-2006, 01:15 PM
I'm trying to insure my newly acquired 18 Classic and my home underwriter has Donzis on their exclusion list! Where is the best place for Canadians to find insurance? Thanks for your input.

yeller
11-07-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm in BC. I could only find one company that would insure anything faster than 50mph. The co. I use didn't ask for speed, but Hp. Can't remember the name off-hand, I'll get it for you later. $900 for $50k coverage, $1M liability.

boxy
11-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Hey Graham, congrtas on the purchase.
I think the guy you need to track down in the GTA is Graham Neale (sp) or Neale's Insurance, he does a lot of Poker Run boats in this part of the world.

Here's the link, the company name changed to Ogilvy and Ogilvy...
http://www.ogilvy.ca/english/html/marine/index.asp

yeller
11-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Just checked. Premier Marine is the insurance co.
The're located here in Vancouver. Not sure if they insure out east.
I'd be very interested to know who else you find.

Boxy, I'm gonna give Graham a call to see if he insures out here. I'd really like to find someone that doesn't have travel restrictions. I'm only good as far east as Manitoba and south to Seattle. Couldn't find anyone that will insure me when I travel south.

Graham
11-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Thanks Yeller. I'll check out your lead and others and post what I learn.

SideshowRob
11-08-2006, 07:56 PM
www.premiermarine.com
I went through a lot of hassle trying to insure our Donzi. Too old, too much H.P. (like there's ever enough)
These guys wanted 2 pictures of the boat and that's about it.
Price was IMO very reasonable.

Tim Morris
11-09-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm trying to insure my newly acquired 18 Classic and my home underwriter has Donzis on their exclusion list! Where is the best place for Canadians to find insurance? Thanks for your input.

Try:

Harbour Boat Insurance
349 King St, Unit 3
Midland, ON
L4R 3M7
T - 705-528-1276
F - 416-352-1699

www.harbourinsurance.ca

Graham
11-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Thanks for all this info. For anyone else from the Great White North who may be interested, another alternative is Marine Expert division of Elco Insurance http://www.elcoinsurance.com/marine.html