PDA

View Full Version : new drive

smokediver
11-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Well , I got a new outdrive on the boat this weekend and was able to run my boat a little . I had the gear ratio changed from the 1.62 to the 1.47 ... I put a lab finished laser 2 , 27 pitch , and was able to turn it to 4800 rpm . Short of the 5200 where I would like to be . I know that my 25 mirage ran the same speed as the laser but at 400 rpm less . I am a little afraid of the mirage simply because of the diameter / load placed on the drive . I guess I am going to have to run a smaller diameter , more slip % , if I want the drive to last ... I don't know if this makes sense but I really want reliabilty ... I dont really like that particular prop , the laser , as it needs to be trimmed at just the right angle to run right and if i slow down and trim down , the handling is terrible ! It was labbed by Mazco and runs fast but with a lot of slip ! Any ideas ?

Sam
11-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Try the Turbo, I think you will like it. Everyone including my self who has ran them on a 16 liked it. They performed well all the way up the curve and didn't break the bank. Keep us posted and good luck :wink: .

Sam

smokediver
11-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Will give it a try and post the results ! thanks ! I am real interested to see Rootsy's dyno tests with the exhaust . I am running glm alum. manifolds and hardin stainless risers . they have to be a real horsepower killer compared to headers . I know my motor was dyno'd with car headers . I bet the real horsepower is in the mid to high 300 range . nonetheless , i love the torque of the 383 !