PDA

View Full Version : spyder cracks on cockpit floor

Sofa King
11-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Removed my carpet from my 22c and noticed aft of the cooler on port and starboard big ol spyder cracks. Im sure this is normal as I've seen em on other boats but not this big.

TY
Sofa King

Morgan's Cloud
11-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Is'nt everything bigger in Texas ? ? :jestera:

Seriously though ..... A pic or two might help the other 22 owners understand how it compares to what they might have seen ....

DonCig
11-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Removed my carpet from my 22c and noticed aft of the cooler on port and starboard big ol spyder cracks. Im sure this is normal as I've seen em on other boats but not this big.
TY
Sofa King

Might I inquire as to your weight or the weight of your beverage cooler?
Your avatar shows a rather portly profile! LOL

Don

Ed Donnelly
11-03-2006, 08:40 AM
The cockpit tub is fiberglassed to the stringers for support. The tabs break away from the stringers. The more the weight in the tub, the bigger the cracks.. I,m a 165 lbs so little cracks. 265 lbs, bigger cracks...........Ed

BUIZILLA
11-03-2006, 08:51 AM
put the carpet back in, and open another beer, you won't care then, neither will we.

mphatc
11-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Seriously Guys :wink: . . All the beers anyone in the world drinks won't fix the trampolone deck structure design flaw :bonk: that has plagued almost every Donzi since the 60's . . . WTF were they thinking???

The tabs referenced by Ed are inadequete once you start running the boat in rough water . .

This was just discussed on the Corsican Restoration thread . . .I went thru this with my Corsican, and even though I reassembled it as Donzi did with 3X the tab thickeness and surface area they fractured again.

I type with 2 fingers, I'm too lazy to find the thread, but in it I described my fix. :) :tongue:

Mario . . .too busy at work