PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

Cuda
10-31-2006, 01:51 PM
I think I've got this engine ready to run on the floor, except I don't remember where some of this gobbledee gook bolts up.

I assume the hose I'm holding goes to the bottom of the exhaust manifold.
I can't remember where the remote oil filter bolts up, or the electric stuff.
What about the power steering hoses? What should I do with them?

I know I still need the fuel pump and fuel lines. I canabalized them for the engine in the Minx.

MOP
10-31-2006, 02:57 PM
Joe take the belt off the PS that way no mess or worries, the oil filter bolted to the front studs of the port riser but it can lay on the floor for a short run (with a filter on it). The electric stuff can be pretty much ignored for a floor run as you will jump + to the coil and just run it for a minute or so. The hoses you can dope out, you put the maniflod on the oposite side from where they were so the nipples are facing the wrong way!

Crap just looked at the photo!! The pack need to be near the distributer and grounded.

Phil

Cuda
10-31-2006, 04:02 PM
you put the maniflod on the oposite side from where they were so the nipples are facing the wrong way!

Phil
Actually, that one nipple facing the wrong way came up missing in the engine swap somehow. I just installed it 180 out.

Cuda
10-31-2006, 04:03 PM
Actually, that one nipple facing the wrong way came up missing in the engine swap somehow. I just installed it 180 out.
Just like I normally do with distributors too. :(:bonk: