PDA

View Full Version : Dyno-Flo 540 600HP

FlyingDutchman76
10-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Does anyone here have experience with Dyno-Flo (marine) engines ? I am interested to repower my 1998 22 Classic with Big HP. I received a quote on their 540" with 600HP with carb, wires and distributor included, turnkey package for $11.600
To see more details, click here; http://www.dyno-flo.com/m-540.html
Any feedback and pictures will be greatly appreciated.

zimm17
10-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Are you sure that's their marine engine? The ad I saw was their 650HP 540 which is $12,900 minus carb and ignition. I haven't heard of anyone running one of these engines yet. Powerboat magazine has featured them in the past two issues. They are about $5k cheaper than most marine builders. I was looking into their 540 shortblocks and building the rest myself, but the complete engine is just about the same cost, and it's dyno-tested and warranteed. Wish I had the cash for one. I asked dyno-flo the following a couple of weeks ago.

>I'm interested in a new big block for my 22 Donzi Classic. I'm leaning
>towards the $12,999 600HP 540 engine. I also noticed that the 572 is
>the same price. Is the tall deck the only difference? I cruise at
>3000-3500. Redline is whatever you tell me it is- I'll prop the boat
>to match. Needs to run on 92 octane.
>
>Some questions/issues:
>
>I'd like it complete, ready to run with carb and MSD ignition setup
>with proper jetting and ignition advance. How much more for both?
>
>How much more for inconnel exhaust valves?
>
>The other issue is going to be overall carb height. I have a low
>engine compartment lid. Right now on my 454 with an edelbrock
>performer rpm airgap, no carb spacer, and 2" flame arrestor, I have
>about 3/4" to the engine hatch. So no room for a big high rise intake
>or carb spacer. I'll understand if there's a few HP to loose to keep
>the package low enough.

Dynoflo's answer:

hi, because of your hatch requirements the 540 will be the one for you to
run. the 572 will not fit. to add on the carb wires, ignition and
distributor [all marine] would cost an extra 1300.00. the inconel exhaust
valves are an extra 80.00. the afr heads are fine also, but to get the
heads up to speed like the darts we use will require more money. the other
difference between the 2 engines on the ad, is that the 572" also has no
warranty. thanks scot.

FlyingDutchman76
10-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Here are the pictures that Dyno-Flo sent me. There is a warranty available, $500 for six (6) months and $2000 for two (2) years. This particular one has 638HP on the Dyno. I was quoted a price, for the marine package, with carb, distributor and wires included of $11.600 I am trying to save some serious $$$ for motor, I am very interested.

zimm17
10-31-2006, 10:42 PM
That's a good price. I wonder if their $12,999 special can be ordered without the warranty and save a couple thousand. Where are they, NV? Not like I'm going to pull my engine and have it shipped across country if it has a problem. I'll tear it down and drop it off at the local machine shop.

FlyingDutchman76
10-31-2006, 10:57 PM
That's a good price. I wonder if their $12,999 special can be ordered without the warranty and save a couple thousand. Where are they, NV? Not like I'm going to pull my engine and have it shipped across country if it has a problem. I'll tear it down and drop it off at the local machine shop.

Dyno-Flo advertises that engine with a two (2) year warranty, if you do not want the warranty, you can subtract $2000. Sounds good, doesn't it. Let's get some folks together, maybe we can get a group discount :lookaroun

BUIZILLA
11-01-2006, 05:57 AM
soooooo, if I understand this correctly, you have to pay them $2000 to warranty their product in the first place??

FlyingDutchman76
11-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Correct, they charge for a warranty. Which is normal, any product that you buy if it's a car, a TV, whatever it might be, there is a certain fee included in the total price that covers the warranty. Dyno-Flo gives you the option not to get a warranty and pay less money for the engine, good option in my opinion. Why have a six month warranty if you purchase an engine now and won't be using it till spring 2007 ???

BigGrizzly
11-01-2006, 11:30 PM
Johan, I get back to you soon I am trying to work something out here for you. If you can't wait make sure you get the inconel exhaust valves.

FlyingDutchman76
11-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Johan, I get back to you soon I am trying to work something out here for you. If you can't wait make sure you get the inconel exhaust valves.

Randy, there is no rush, just checking around. I wait and see what you can put together for me.

Pismo
11-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Add a few grand for hydraulic steering.

FlyingDutchman76
11-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Add a few grand for hydraulic steering.

What hydraulic steering systems do you recommend ? I noticed the Latham Marine, what can I expect to spend on a hydraulic steering system ? Any other, good priced systems available ?