PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk to Bravo Swap

scott snider
10-30-2006, 08:39 AM
If I switch from a Blackhawk to a Bravo One drive,do I need to use a low water pickup because of the higher X,will I have enough water pressure? I would hate to drill the hull for a pickup and I dont like the low water pickup set up for a Bravo they suck up alot of silt and sand.I know this swap has been done many times before by board members. I am just looking for some advice.
Thanks Scott

Dredgeking
10-30-2006, 08:58 AM
I must have missed some of the discussion, but why would you switch from a BH to a Bravo? Are the BH's that unreliable? Is there not enough of a performance gain?

MOP
10-30-2006, 10:04 AM
Dauley did not have issues with the stock water pickup, he lost about 5 MPH but gained good handling around the docks. What kills the BH is air time and poor throttle control if you are on the ball you should not break them any faster then a Bravo, they are pretty much same internally as the Brovo.

scott snider
10-30-2006, 12:19 PM
My boat was the first Blackhawk and was delivered with a Bravo one and a 2" drive spacer.I want to remove the spacer,I think I can pickup maybe 2 to 4 mph,but I dont want to be sucking air at high speed. Thanks Scott

Mr X
10-31-2006, 09:01 AM
Scott,
you can pull the spacer out and be just fine. You will gain around 4 MPH. Water pressure will not be an issue.
Let us know the final result.