PDA

View Full Version : motorcycles....

gcarter
10-27-2006, 09:30 PM
There's a very nice Vincent Rapide for sale on eBay. Also some very nice pictures.
Please note the current price and that the reserve hasn't been met.
I sure wish I could bid!!!!!:frown: :yes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300041728254&fromMakeTrack=true

BERTRAM BOY
10-28-2006, 09:17 AM
Wow, what a find!!!!!!

DonziJon
10-28-2006, 09:30 AM
Very nice bike George, although not all original. Lots of extra chrome.... even the rear swingarm is chromed. The 5 inch speedometer (shown) was sold with the "Black Shadow". An aquaintence of mine has a "Rapide" with the "Big" speedometer, and says it wasn't stock on the Rapide but also says he "doesn't care". The engine cases on his bike were chromed when he got the bike at least 20 years ago. There must have been a time when chrome was in vogue but he has since torn his down and had the cases "De-chromed" to bring it back to more original.

A few years ago, he rode the bike out to Calgary, Alberta? for a Vincent Rally. I'm not positive, but I think he had a chase truck tag along which he camped out of on the trip. He's a tinkerer and rides and maintains the bike himself. He was a friend of the guy I bought the Ariel from way back. His "sideline" is buying old Harleys, rebuilding them and reselling them over in the UK. John

dr
10-28-2006, 10:55 AM
but my father passed away several years ago and he had a old Sears mo-ped I recently came across….from the late 50’s or early 60’s I think…I barley remember it. I think they were 2 speeds, crème and red colors…

Is anyone familiar with them? I’ve not ‘googled’ them yet but are parts readily available…are they in demand…. although I doubt I would ever sell them,rather just continue to drag them along with me until I’m gone.