PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ol Red (Corsican Alert)

Voodoocanoe
10-27-2006, 09:10 AM
There is an old Corsican that just resurfaced in the area, mostly all original, 427 V-drive:eek!: :eek!: It is at a friends shop near the house if you want to see it.

olredalert
10-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Voodoocanoe,

--------Thanks for thinking of me. Is it yellow and white??? Has the windshield gone almost totally opaque??? If this the same boat I have both seen and ridden in it. One owner boat and should be down at Dynamic in Rons capable hands if Im not mistaken. If its another boat I am ALL EARS!!!............Bill S

Voodoocanoe
10-28-2006, 06:52 AM
Bill, I should have known better to think that one could be lurking around here without you not knowing about it:wink: Yep, it's "Gotcha" haven't seen it in years, I stopped by Ron's the other night to pick something up and seen it sitting out back, he is rebuilding the original 427" Do you have all of it's info for the Corsican database?
Take care.

olredalert
10-28-2006, 09:29 AM
-------Rumor has it that Mario may have to start the database over due to a malfunction. I cant remember the stats (hull#) on that particular boat at the moment either. Im going to try to stop by Rons early next week and see how its going. That rebuild didnt have that many hours on it. I wonder what the problem was???...........Bill S

Voodoocanoe
10-28-2006, 11:13 AM
I stopped by Ron's earlier this morning and had the camera with me so I took a couple of pictures, I didn't ask him on the particulars of the rebuild.
With some TLC and heavy duty detailing the boat would be very presentable.

The "Manage Attachments" button seems malfunctioning, I'll try posting the pictures again later this evening.

mphatc
10-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Rumor is correct, Mario has to rebuild the Corsican database. :frown:

I like that statement Bill: "due to a malfunction" :eek!: :lookaroun I'm so glad my wife doesn't read this board! :crossfing

Regardless, off hand; Of 54 known boats built + the un-numbered Canadian boat(s) there seem to be 30 known to exist. That's a number much higher than I expected after 35 years.

Mario

Voodoocanoe
11-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Here's the pictures....

mphatc
11-02-2006, 04:49 PM
VooDoocanoe,

Thank you for the images . . . looks like a fairly original boat, minus horn, speedo and tabs.

Any idea what the hull number is? Bill?, or who the owner is? Post me offlist if you desire.

Mario

olredalert
11-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Mario,,,
----- I know Ken pretty well but have forgotten his last name. Have had a # of liquid refreshments at Browns Bar with him. Cant remember the serial # either but promise to get it. Im almost posative its in the high twenties or low thirtys though. Kennys Dad bought the boat new and it has been around Harsens since day-one. His Mom has a summer home about 5 or 6 houses from Bill K of Scorpion 18 fame. Once summer is over Im not sure how often Kenny gets out to the island.
----- I went by Dynamic Speed and Marine where the boat is pictured and Ron the owner told me the FE motor wiped a lobe off the cam. Rebuild will be done over the winter.
-----Thanks for the pics Voodoo. I dont think anyone on the sight has seen GOTCHA before...........Bill S

Sam
11-03-2006, 02:41 PM
I've seen him before, not a bad looking boat :wink:.