PDA

View Full Version : Turbo prop experts

blackhawk
10-25-2006, 07:25 PM
I know there's a few people on here that know the Turbo props very well. I want to try either a Lightning or a Lightning TXP on my boat. What is the difference between these two? Thanks.

boldts
10-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Scott,

Call Turbo and ask for Chris Booe. Chris can give you all the details of the differences and or whether he thinks it is a good prop for your Donzi. Chris has been attending AOTH for the last 5 years. He knows what kind of boat your talking about. Also, you might talk to Roadtrip or Big Grizzly here on the Registry. Roadtrip I believe has run the TXP on his 22 with an Imco shortie and I know Grizzly is running a Turbo on his Critter. Just not sure which model. Good luck and I hope the prop works as good for you as my experience with the Turbo 1 was for me on my 22.

If you happen to remember, tell Chris hello from Scott Boldt.

BigGrizzly
10-28-2006, 06:24 PM
The difference is blade design,areaand pitch progression. the TXP has no defuser ring instead the prop hub is longer. the TXP lifts the whole boat up with a higher stern lift than the lightning. after 28 pitch I beleive the TXP is the way to go. Both runwelland lift the huls higher thanthe Turbo. Some say the have a looser feel, but I don't. Both lightning and TXP do not need as much trim as a Turbo and make the boats run flat at higher speeds. The next question is do they have a 4 blade version of these the answer is yes and it works well and are verry smothe. I use a 3 blade it is faster on my application and I don't need a 4 blade for stability.