PDA

View Full Version : O.K. hockey guys...

Tony
10-25-2006, 08:04 PM
...let's hear about your team and its chances. Here's the top 6 teams thus far this season:

team..........points
BUFFALO...........18
DALLAS.............16
ATLANTA...........15
MINNESOTA........14
ANAHEIM............14
SAN JOSE...........14

Highest original six team is Toronto at #6...wtf is up with that?

9.....TORONTO.........11
10...MONTREAL........10
17...CHICAGO...........8
19...NEW YORK.........8
25...DETROIT...........7
28...BOSTON............5

The new style of uniform? I say crapolla...leave the "sweaters" alone!

As for TV coverage it sucks big time and I am sick of it. As if The Outdoor Life Network was not obscure enough, now they have changed their name and I don't even know what the fock it is...I just know that probably .0005% of America gets the stoopid-assed network.

ESPN should get off their ass and bid on hockey. The NHL is on the rise with a modest-sized but rabid fan base, and growing.
To me it is incomprehensible that the ESPN nimrods air fockin' card games instead of the NHL!

:beer:

Tony
10-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Detroit (Hockeytown) has had contending hockey clubs and a recent string of championships. Same story with the Pistons. Now, with the Tigers in the World Series, name me a city that can boast of this diverse pro depth. We are waiting patiently for our dismal Lions to follow suit!

The Red Wings special teams this year have been woeful, the opposite of last year. There are a lot of new faces on the team this year, and it may take time to develop the chemistry. But, I like Babcock a lot, and trust the leadership of new captain Nick Lidstrom and veterans like Chelios, Schneider, Hasek, Lang, Sammulson, Draper, Maltby, and Holmstrom. New guy Danny Markov pasted an Oiler at mid-ice and put him on his head the other night! Zetterburg is a very skilled player with size, speed, strength, and a superb set of hands. Datsyuk is magical but not totally consistent yet.

Some say winning the the President's Cup has a negative correlation with bringing home the Stanley Cup...just ask the Red Wings from last year!

You heard it here first...the Detroit Red Wings will bring the Stanley Cup back to Hockeytown!!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Carl C
10-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Tony, don't forget U of M football! Let's hope that the Wings can get it together. How bad will the Pistons miss Ben? There are a lot of afro wigs in the trash in Michigan. Looks like the ball game will be rained out tonight. That's the latest sports observations from Clarkston, Michigan. :beer:

Tony
10-25-2006, 08:43 PM
Clarkston Carl, I don't acknowledge U-M football..too many fans that have no affiliation, knowledge of, or clue about the school. Plus they will probably lose to OSU and then again in their bowl game, as usual.

The Pistons won't miss Big Ben, his numbers were dropping and he couldn't get along with the coach.

blueliner
10-26-2006, 12:24 AM
GO CANUCKS GO!!! GO CANUCKS GO!!! IM HAPPY WITH THE WORK ETHIC. GREAT GOALIE... A COUPLE OFFENSIVE PLAYERS AWAY. SHOULD HAE KEPT CARTER. GET US INTO THE PLAYOFFS AND LET'S MAKE A COUPLE TRADES AT DEADLINE. WINGS WILL BE UP THERE, ONLY IF HASEK STAYS HEALTHY. LOVE THE GAME. CAN'T WIAT TO SEE OVECHKIN THIS FRIDAY NIGHT. :cool!: :cool!: :cool!:

d1mbu1b
10-26-2006, 08:16 AM
OLN is now Versus or Vs.
http://www.versus.tv/nw/article/view/1367/?tf=NHLArticleWrapper.tpl
but there coverage is spotty at best.

I usually go on both teams websites and find what channels are covering the game. Look under the broadcast tab.

Sabres are playing the Islanders tonight.
I am sure they are determined to break there winning streak.
Its got to end sometime.

This game is on Fox sports NY (FSN NY)

Any line can score for Buffalo at any time.

glashole
10-26-2006, 08:33 AM
You heard it here first...the Detroit Red Wings will bring the Stanley Cup back to Hockeytown!!

Is detroit going to drive the stanley cup to Toronto for them?? :confused:

boxy
10-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Is detroit going to drive the stanley cup to Toronto for them?? :confused:

Shea you've really got to get off the pipe ....... :D
The only way the Cup is going to Toronto is when they take it back to the HoF....

SideshowRob
10-26-2006, 09:16 AM
The only way the cup is going back to Detroit or Toronto, is if one of the Ottawa players happens to live there.
(each member of the winning team gets the cup for a day) :wink:
Senators will win the cup!

Ed Donnelly
10-26-2006, 12:27 PM
The Leafs will win the cup in my lifetime..OOOh Wait I,m nearly 62 I guess this is just wishfull thinking........Ed

boxy
10-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Shea......

How's that Parade Route doing this morning ?????

"The hometown Ottawa Senators demolished the Toronto Maple Leafs on Thursday, just as they did on the road two nights earlier.
The Senators trounced the Maple Leafs 7-2 at Scotiabank Place in the back half of their second home-and-home series of the season.
Ottawa won 6-2 on Tuesday to improve to 3-1 versus Toronto."

After getting beat 13-4 in 2 games in 3 days the Maple Leafs Rocket Scientist Captain tried to explain the problem to the basement dwelling, pajama wearing faithful of Leaf Nation....
"As a team, we have got to play a lot better defensively," Sundin said. "Any time you lost two games in a row the way we did, you should be concerned."

In other news, the sky is blue, and Toronto still sucks .... :D

glashole
10-27-2006, 09:59 AM
to early in the race to do a victory lap yet........ :crossfing

boxy
10-27-2006, 11:04 AM
[SIZE="4"]Is detroit going to drive the stanley cup to Toronto for them?? :confused:

to early in the race to do a victory lap yet........ :crossfing

Exactly my friend, but at least we're still in the race, the hated Blue Team won't even make it out of the garage..... :D

Tony
10-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Sounds like boxy Steve dislikes the Leafs, similar to how many people abhor the Yankees!

Ed Donnelly
10-28-2006, 12:49 AM
Boxy; Its obvious that you are jealous of the Leafs...
The Senators will NEVER beat our losing streaks........Ed

boldts
10-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Well, Ohio State Football is probably the hottest ticket in Columbus, OH, but we are also very supportive of our Hockey team. Even if they are dead last in their division at 3-5-1.

Oh, and our in between periods entertainment aint bad either! LOL

cday@crescentschool.org
11-03-2006, 09:45 PM
LEAFS ARE TAKING IT HOME IN A FEW Once we get Pooge; Steen; Wellwood; Stajan; Tustly; Harrison; White; Bell; some experience...we will dominate even more than in previous years.

Sens are blowin chunks right now, and im lovin it