PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Donzi Black Widow 30 Ft

LSUTIGERS74
10-23-2006, 08:00 PM
I Have A 1990 Donzi Black Widow (30 Ft) Listed For Sale On Ebay.

Check It Out When You Get A Chance, Needs Some Work.

22zxla
10-25-2006, 07:26 PM
tiger was wondering what was up with the boat? Last we heard you were bringing it to destin for your maiden voyage. Sorry to see you let it go, seems you put a lot of energy in it when you first got it. You always welcome on mine.!

LSUTIGERS74
10-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Well, I busted my ass for month rebuilding the starboard engine. Ended up the night before we left for Destin pulling the engine because I lost oil pressure and changed out the oil pump (which was brand new, but frozen solid), so I put the old one in, which was fine. Drove it to Destin that Saturday, and still hadn't gotten the trim to work on the starboard outdrive. I finally got the trim to work Sunday morning in Destin after I hot wired it to the solenoid. I go to put the boat in the water and we barely get out of the canal and I open the engine bay to see how the new engine is running and sounding and realize their is water in the engine bay, then all of sudden my bilge pump will not work. So I go back to the dock and trailer the boat, pull the plug and put in a new bilge plug, check all my hoses (turns out the water hose that goes to the outdrive had come off and was leaking water). Finally put the boat back in the water, by this time my fiance' will not get back on the boat so I drive it the harbor where I docked it until further notice. On Tuesday morning I finally talk her into getting back on, and we go for about an 8 mile run, just as I am getting back into Crab Island I hear that all too familar noise of no oil pressure and metal to metal, so I shut the starboard down (but not without a loud bang). Never got her started back, just would roll over slowly. (Thinking the crank was welded to the main bearing), Ended up trailering her and put her in storage before the boat ruined my engagement (By the way, my fiance' never wanted me to buy the damn boat anyway). Well that long story leads me to getting rid of the boat. 4 months later I finally decide to pull the engine back out, and find the #1 piston exploded, all because of the original oil pump. We found a small piece of silicon on the crank journal were the bearing had melted, thus causing the rod to bind and break the pin away from the piston. Very Long story made short, I am moving to Houston for a new job (much higher pay, therefore I can buy a newer boat one day, but don't tell my fiance' that) and I can not fit the boat in Houston. Plus with as much money that boat and engine has cost me so far, I am cutting my losses and paying for my honeymoon next March.

Should have listened to my future father-in-law: "If it fly's, floats, or f*ck's, you're better off renting"