PDA

View Full Version : Double Hatch Barrel Back?

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
10-18-2006, 08:37 PM
There was a thread awhile back on hull #18-51 for sale with what appeared to be a two piece hatch. Here's the thread:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40296&highlight=Double+Hatch

Has anyone found out whether this was a factory original engine cover configuration, of if this was a Triple Hatch that lost its center section and subsequently had something fabricated to replace it?

Eric

BillG
10-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Eric,
I don't think it is an original hatch cover. You can see the bracket in the middle picture that is used to hold the center hatch on the triple hatch boats. I have a triple and that bracket is on it. You would have no need for it on the two hatch boat, because you cannot get to it.

BillG

penbroke
10-19-2006, 08:17 AM
It looks to me like the port hatch on that boat is held down by the bracket like the center of the triple on the front. I can't tell what holds the back down. Then the starboard hatch latches to the port one like the side hatches on a triple latch to the center. They could have re-cycled the hardware from a tripple or...

Frank

Rootsy
10-19-2006, 08:29 AM
it appears that there were a few "funky" things tried at the changeover time from triple to single hatch.... very well might have been an "experiment" but who knows... an underside shot of the hatch covers would probably tell much more about the story....

penbroke
10-19-2006, 05:08 PM
It does appear to have a triple hatch size hole. I always though it might be a transition thing as well.

Brownie??

Frank