PDA

View Full Version : Scenes from the Bow. 10/15/06

DONZI
10-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Just a couple of pics. from today's scenery from the Bow. :boat:
It's been a great Boating season here. We started early April and just ending now.

The Canadian's were in town and they brought guns !:canada: :uzi: :)

Ed Donnelly
10-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Wow; I see we had nearly 10% of our entire Canadian fleet there.
We have 33 ships in our entire navy..
The H.M.C.S. Montreal and St Johns are our most modern ships,built between 1992 and 1996. They are helicopter carrying frigates, but we don't have many helicopters, they keep falling out of the sky. Our modern helicopters were built in 1963..Lets not talk about our Royal Canadian Airfarce...Ed

MOP
10-16-2006, 05:53 AM
Nice shots Ken, Boston harbor is a pretty place. I have delivered boats up there a few times, you do have to really keep an eye out and stay in the entrance channels. Curious on one of the deliveries I had to go through and old wooden train swing bridge to a yacht club just up a river the bridge looked like it was built in the 1800's, was wondering is it still there.

Phil

Team Jefe
10-16-2006, 07:04 AM
Nice Shots Kenny - Many, Many fine memories from Boston and the fine folks in New England.

olredalert
10-16-2006, 08:48 AM
-------Canadian boats are probably from Halifax and just want thier Christmas trees back..........Bill S

DONZI
10-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Ed, Yes i was surprised to see them this far South. They are fine looking ships.

Phil, Yes there are a couple swing bridges left in town. Pic. below is one also.
http://www.bostonpreservation.org/projects-nab.htmls

Jefe, I hope to see you back here again also for more memories.

Ol' red, :) :) Maybe they were taking orders for this yr..:)

C'mon one more warm wk.end. Please. :boat: