PDA

View Full Version : Got my Texas Truck/SUV

thriller
10-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Many Thanks to board member Snook aka Hans and his wife Teresa for being such gracious Host's. I'm not sure if I could of made this transaction fly without them. Sure wouldn't of been as much fun:pizza: :beer: :wink:
I decided to transport the vehicle to Seattle rather than drive it back:convertib The logistics of the drive just didn't make sense compared to the 1400 bones the shipper has guaranteed.
The truck has room for a smoker if ya want one Lenny..Better hurry though this baby will be loaded up maybe as soon as next Monday...

Team Jefe
10-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Nice job Mike....a little piece of Texas way of North. Enjoy.

yeller
10-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Another Texas purchase. Didn't you get your boat from there as well?

Including all the expenses....flight, carfax, exchange, etc...how much do you figure you saved; or was it just a matter of the right vehicle?

thriller
10-15-2006, 12:18 AM
I saved @ 7g's bottom line door to door.
No duty just the pst and gst at the border plus the DOT Canadian Tire certification to comply with the standards...Day time running lights are needed but if I'm not mistaken it already has it..KM on the speedo...check:)

Too easy really....hhhhmmmm I better take a closer look at a F-350XLT Crew cab$$?? My truck is tired really tired:(

MM

ps I bought my boat in Chicago

gcarter
10-15-2006, 05:50 AM
Nice choice Mike.
I have one of those and I love it. Catch22 calls it "The Refrigerator"....you know, it's big and white like yours.

Schnook
10-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Mike, we enjoyed meeting you and are glad we could be of help. You're welcome back any time.

yeller
10-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Canadian Tire certification to comply with the standards...Day time running lights are needed but if I'm not mistaken it already has it..KM on the speedo...check:)
Well you know it'll be a safe vehicle if it passes the CT inspection:rolleyes:
Is a speedo with km manditory?

thriller
10-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Well you know it'll be a safe vehicle if it passes the CT inspection:rolleyes:
Is a speedo with km manditory?

Most US vehicles display the KM's but in smaller font where as the Canadian vehicles are reversed....and yes it is mandatory to have this even though the speedo will accumalte miles instead of KM's. Most newer vehicles have on board trip computers that you can change from MPH or metric:convertib

Team Jefe
10-16-2006, 07:24 AM
hhhhmmmm I better take a closer look at a F-350XLT Crew cab$$?? My truck is tired really tired:(
MM

F-350, Ford?

Mike why buy a Ford, when you could have a MEGA CAB !

Sorry, I just love saying MEGA CAB !:biggrin.:

BUIZILLA
10-16-2006, 08:31 AM
you don't need a MEGA cab unless you got a MEGA ass...

:bonk:

JPR
10-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Thriller, I just brought a truck in from the States for work. The RIT form 2 inspection can be done at Canadian Tire, but I think they charge about $200.00 for it. Speedline trailers in Port Kells did mine for $50.00, inspection took about 4 minutes. Make sure the Daytime running lites are working and the serial numbers match the paperwork.

Cheers,
Rod:canada:

yeller
10-17-2006, 01:47 AM
The RIT form 2 inspection can be done at Canadian Tire, but I think they charge about $200.00 for it. Speedline trailers in Port Kells did mine for $50.00, inspection took about 4 minutes.
You have a choice?? :confused: When I brought my boat trailer across, I was charged at the border for the inspection. CT was where I was told to go. No actual payment to CT.

DONZI
10-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Too easy really....hhhhmmmm I better take a closer look at a F-350XLT Crew cab$$?? My truck is tired really tired:(
MM

Or F250:) http://media.putfile.com/F250-boat-burnout

thriller
10-18-2006, 10:35 AM
My ride should be here this Saturday:)
Thanks for the info...

MM

Team Jefe
10-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Megajunk... try it, it rolls off the tongue much easier :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :p..

Ah, the sour grapes of the Wanna be's...its sad really, but not unexpected.:lookaroun

Team Jefe
10-18-2006, 03:48 PM
you don't need a MEGA cab unless you got a MEGA ass...
:bonk:

No matter if you NEED it......Bigger is always better:yes:

Mike, ever feel like your thread got highjacked?!?!?!?!