PDA

View Full Version : Miami Attorney reference

fegettes
10-10-2006, 12:21 PM
This is another Progressive Insurance Issue. I filed an insurance claim on my motorhome a month ago with Progressive in reference to some storm damage from when Ernesto went through. The claim included some water leakage from around the sky light, windshield damage, damaged TV antenna, and some minor stuff. The adjustor has been dragging his feet, and last Friday, he called to let me know that Progressive will not honor the claim. They are claiming that the damage is from lack of maintenance. I have spared no expense in maintaining this motorcoach, and I have thousands of dollars in receipts to prove it. I am a little livid about this. So, it appears I am in the market for an Insurance Attorney to represent me on this issue. My question is, does any one have a good reference for an attorney in the Miami area?

Incidentally, I too have Progressive Insurance on my boat, but only until the policy expires. This is ridiculous.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Steve

Carl C
10-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Good luck my friend. I think we are finding out why Progressive's rates are lower. I hope to resolve my claim without hiring an attorney but don't feel real good about that happening. If I do have to sue them to get them to honor their policy then I will also ask for attorney fees, compensation for loss of use of my boat and my time and anquish that they have caused me. I too will be switching back to BoatUS when my policy expires.:mad:

2biguns
10-14-2006, 07:55 AM
If you will e-mail me next week at my office address (smithandsmith@bellsouth.net), I'll find you a couple of references for Miami counsel. My experience with all insurance companies who nit pick on property claims is that once you file suit, a new adjuster gets involved and they'll pay rather than send to an adjuster.

Steve