PDA

View Full Version : On the topic of motorcycles

pmreed
10-09-2006, 10:43 PM
A friend of mine recently sent me this newspaper advertisement. I'm not married, but I was once. Can any of you relate?:) Phil

Post Date:
Aug 7th, 2006
Expire Date:
Sep 6th, 2006
$10,000
06' Suzuki GSXR 1000
Farmington , UT 84025 - Aug 7, 2006
2006 Suzuki 1000. This bike is perfect! It has 1000 miles and has had its 500 mile dealer service. (Expensive) It's been adult ridden, all wheels have always been on the ground. I use it as a cruiser/commuter. I'm selling it because it was purchased without proper consent of a loving wife. Apparently "do whatever the f*** you want" doesn't mean what I thought. Call me, Steve. (801)867-8292

tiger lily
10-09-2006, 10:56 PM
hahahahha

Ed Donnelly
10-09-2006, 11:31 PM
He should have sold the wife and kept the bike..
When I told my wife I was buying a bike, she said thats nice.
When she found out it was a Harley, she started to bitch.
I told her OK I will buy the fastest Jap bike made, she said no, please get the Harley....Its all about compromise......Ed

Walt. H.
10-10-2006, 01:23 AM
Some women don't realize that motorcycles are cheaper and safer for everyone then the other alternative in a marriage, and that is having him go out and have "an affair" instead!
Plus she gets to enjoy the biggest gas powered vibrator in the world!:eek: :rlol: :jestera:

The more toys we have to work on the less time we have to stray, and my wife knows if i'm not at work making money i'm in my shop building or repairing something!:yes: :frown:

WH

BigGrizzly
10-10-2006, 02:35 AM
Ed and Walt have it right! I told my first wife the bikes were in my life long before her and would be there long after she was gone. Well she is gone and my race bike is still here after 30+ years. My current wife has no problem. However If I want another bike I have to get of one to replace it. Race bike doesn't count she says "IT stays" she says, "Its part of you" ! Another boat and I have to get rid of one or two to offset the cost. I don't like it but it is a reasonable request(order). A small price to pay to someone who has stuck by me like she has through thick and thin. When I was sick she never faltered for one second. Marrage is 50% 50% deal, its not my fault my half is bigger than hers. One minor detail she likes the boats and bikes. My wife agrees, like Walt said too busy run around.

RedDog
10-10-2006, 05:08 PM
I got a similar, but no profanity, comment when I wanted to buy my first Donzi. I brought it home and she promptly called a building contractor to remodel the kitchen and add a screened in porch.

The Donzi was cheaper but I think I got the best deal :wink:

Cuda
10-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Exactly why I'm on the "lease with option" program. I make the money, and I'll damn sure spend it how I want. Not that Debbie has ever had a problem with that. As a matter of fact, she's estatic that I let her hire the guy across the street to put in new stairs down to the dock, and a new deck on the dock. :wink:

Walt. H.
10-11-2006, 01:16 AM
Scott,

My wife does too, she always says go ahead buy it thats what we go to work for.
But then I think twice and get suspicious thinking maybe its reverse psychology she's using on me?

Damm, I must be lucky too! if I can say I have more stuff then I really need, the only time my wife says NO is when it's followed with "not now I don't feel like"? well you know how the rest of that goes! Opp's:eek!: :yes:

When it comes to doing home improvements or maintenance I can't let anyone do any work for me, no matter what it is, I wind up getting screwed with shabby uncomplete half-ass work.
So my wife knows she has to wait a while for me to get around to getting it done, since i'm just a one man show do it all, but when I do start the project we're both happy with the quality of the finished job.

The only job I couldn't do was black topping 280 feet of driveway some years ago and you guessed it! I still get pissed everytime I look, drive or walk on it.:mad:

Here's a scary thought: what keeps me from retiring is having more time to do the things I don't like to do that my wife wants done. # 1 is interior house painting every few yr's and painting exterior trim from a ladder.
The list i'm sure can grow from additional input, but this post started off regarding motorcycles, and so I apologize for getting it off track here.

I'll finish up by saying that over the years i've lost more motorcycle riding buddies when their once girlfriends became wives and the excitement of two wheel night rides & touring gave way to "safer minivan boredom" due to temporary family priorities. Ugh!

I never had to do that and still have all them toys, including my hotrod.

Thanks Rita!

I still can hear ringing in my ears everytime I crank the throttle and roll on the power "SteppenWolf's "Born to be Wild" as in-> "Get you motor running ....headed for the highway,... looking for adventure... or whatever comes ourway!

Not bad for a 54 yr old who still has a kids attitude?:crossfing I still love doing Burnouts & wheelstands!:bonk: :yes:

WH:wavey:

Formula Jr
10-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Steve, me thinks, has a problem.

I'm glad I was 48 when I finally got married.
My wife was married before and fell for the "bad boy" attraction that is out there. Women are funny that way. When she saw that hang-gliding with the former husband was much more important than she was, it made her feel smaller in the world. A wife wishes to be placed first or at least equal. I have the benefit of having done most, if not all of the things, I wanted to do prior to getting married. This may sound like retirement to some younger people here. It is retirement. I remember what it was like to scrap pegs and go way too fast - why I am alive today is something of a mystery. I loved every second of it.

Many people here have had the same experience.

I still have the same motorcycle I have had for 25 years. My wife said to me, "you can never sell that bike. I know you would sell it if I asked you to do so." And I know on the other side that she never will ask me to sell it.