PDA

View Full Version : Winter Upgrades

slapshot11
10-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Well, I put the 22' in storage for the winter today :( . Sad day. To help make it through the long fall and winter months, I'm thinking about winter upgrades. I seem to be focused on installing a Stainless Marine exhaust system. Everything so far on the 502 EFI is stock. This will be the first upgrade. After seeing some of the boats at the LG Dust Off this year, I'd love to haul the engine and have it powder coated, but I don't think I'm there yet. After reading alot of "upgrade" posts, the Stainless Marine exhaust upgrade seems to get alot of attention. Am I heading in the right direction?

MDonziM
10-10-2006, 08:38 PM
I have the same set up 94' version. Last winter I put a set of Gill/Mercury performance risers+manifolds along w/ a Teague K+N flame arrestor. I didn't notice much improvement ( 100-200 rpm) I run in salt water so the manifold change was due. Fresh water and hindsight, I don't know if I'd do it again. But if you looking to do more engine work after that, I would. I'm cosidering engine work but the mpi gets complicated and costly to upgrade and ripping off the injection system to cam and carburate seems like moving backwards. Any thoughts from the gallery?

MDonziM
10-10-2006, 08:45 PM
I have the same set up 94' version. Last winter I put a set of Gill/Mercury performance risers+manifolds along w/ a Teague K+N flame arrestor. I didn't notice much improvement ( 100-200 rpm) I run in salt water so the manifold change was due. Fresh water and hindsight, I don't know if I'd do it again. But if you looking to do more engine work after that, I would. I'm cosidering engine work but the mpi gets complicated and costly to upgrade and ripping off the injection system to cam and carburate seems like moving backwards. Any thoughts from the gallery?