PDA

View Full Version : Dana Exhaust

Cuda
10-08-2006, 01:03 PM
I who has it on their 22? I'm worried about hatch clearance.

gcarter
10-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Lots of room under the Minx hatch.:wink: :wink:

MOP
10-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Joe they are very good design that dilivers what they say it does, probably the best off the shelf tuning wise. They are no higher but I believe they are a little wider and may require moving the tips. I wish they made them for small blocks they are some good looking!

Phil

zimm17
10-09-2006, 05:01 AM
No hatch clearance issues, they have about an inch to go. The only problem is they are wider than stock and now don't line up with my exhaust tips. I have the long "vortex" stainless uppers which reach back further so there's only about 12" of rubber hose and the offset to the tips is almost an inch. It was a real bitch to get the manifolds bolted on because the rubber didn't want to move over to make up for the offset. I think if I had went with either new rubber hose (softer) or some high dollar silicone, it would have been an easier install. The quality is great, and they look awesome. But I think the "stainless marine" brand have risers that pivot which would make them line up a little easier if your exhaust tips are too close together like mine. The dana website says how wide they sit- you could measure your transom and see how it would line up. There's a picture on my website- http://zimm17.com and click on the Donzi link.

BigGrizzly
10-09-2006, 02:14 PM
If it were me I would go with Stainless Marine, nothing but good luck with these I have installed on others. My two have CMI the 16 has an old set od Wakashaw- plane jane that fit the 302 Ford back in 1970.

Cuda
10-09-2006, 02:19 PM
If it were me I would go with Stainless Marine, nothing but good luck with these I have installed on others. My two have CMI the 16 has an old set od Wakashaw- plane jane that fit the 302 Ford back in 1970.
Everybody and thier brother at the Rally had SM. I want a little more bling.:wink:

BigGrizzly
10-09-2006, 02:33 PM
That is the best reasion I have heard. Usually I get the Hourse power BS. but different looks is a more viable reason. This why I have CMI tube tops on my Criterion, when Elbow tops would give me virtually the same speed. in the real world. Go for it Cuda. you may find offset exhaust tube to eas attaching. Now I use the high dollar Silicon for ease and durability. Good luck.

Cuda
10-09-2006, 02:45 PM
I don't think hosepower is going to be an issue when I drop the HP in. I'm sure it will run faster than I care to go. Like I told Debbie, the only reason I'm swapping out the 454/330, is because if a boat isn't fast enough to scare me from holding the throttle wide open, I ain't happy, and I'm really no speed freak, but I can hold it wfo on her boat, and not be scared. :)

catch 22
10-09-2006, 05:15 PM
I don't think hosepower is going to be an issue when I drop the HP in. I'm sure it will run faster than I care to go. Like I told Debbie, the only reason I'm swapping out the 454/330, is because if a boat isn't fast enough to scare me from holding the throttle wide open, I ain't happy, and I'm really no speed freak, but I can hold it wfo on her boat, and not be scared. :)
AMEN BROTHER.:wink:

BigGrizzly
10-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Cool, go for it!

zimm17
10-10-2006, 05:07 AM
Here's some pics

blackhawk
10-10-2006, 11:42 AM
What I liked about the Danas were the individual runners continue into the riser.

Cuda
10-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Zimm told me the only issue he had was the risers were about an inch wider, but since I have probably 8 or so more inches of hose to play with due to having a transmission, it should make it easier to deal with I would think.

zimm17
10-10-2006, 10:32 PM
When you order a set, get an extra set of gaskets so you don't have to wait a week the next time you have to work on the engine. Also I highly recommend you coat the main gasket (not riser gasket) both sides with a thin layer of Permatex ultra-copper RTV sealant. The manifolds come with a nice set of stainless steel bolts.

Cuda
10-12-2006, 04:43 PM
I just place the order for a polished set.:cool:

zimm17
10-14-2006, 01:14 AM
Cool! Post pics when you get 'em.

Cuda
10-14-2006, 06:55 AM
I'm going to talk to a guy I know around here about powdercoating them clear.