PDA

View Full Version : My High Performance Canoe.

Carl C
10-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Just thought I post a pic of my Au-Sable River fishing boat. It's a canoe that had a small transom for an electric motor. The only problem was that an elec motor couldn't fight the river's current without killing the battery after 1 or 2 miles. Soooooooo, I glassed on a reinforced transom and stuck on a 3.5 HP Nissan. Now she scoots up-stream real nice! Hope to catch some salmon next week. Got skunked last week.:dolphin:

Sofa King
10-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Nice canoe Carl, better get used to it. :eek!:

Rootsy
10-06-2006, 02:42 PM
hmmm where are your registration numbers?

Magicallbill
10-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Just for grins...
Compute the MPG of the Nissan on the canoe.
I'll bet you could run all next summer on one tank.
Hopefully they won't take that long to fix your 22....

Carl C
10-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Yeah, it's supposed to be registered now but so far no trouble from the DNR and, yes, this is now my only running boat. Guess I'll have to hang out @ canoes.net for awhile.:eek!:

ATLDONZI
10-06-2006, 10:24 PM
i used to have a ganoe that we had a 8hp on, we used to use it to fish way up in the mangrove islands in st petersburg, awsome little fishing vessels, and yes it was registered

Carl C
10-07-2006, 07:39 AM
i used to have a ganoe that we had a 8hp on, we used to use it to fish way up in the mangrove islands in st petersburg, awsome little fishing vessels, and yes it was registered I'll get it registered next year. I'll only have it out one more time this year. We had our fishing licenses checked by the DNR last year and they didn't mention it. :dolphin:

Sofa King
10-07-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm sorry Carl but I can't help but LMFAO! Downgraded from a 22c to a canoe.
It'll be OK buddy, I'm sure they will have your boat ready around X-mass. Perhaps we can start a pot? What really sucks is having to make payments on it while the weather is still beautiful at least here in TEXAS! All kidding aside I hope they have it done soon.

Your TEXAS Pard
Sofa King

Carl C
10-07-2006, 05:40 PM
It sucks for sure SK, but I really haven't missed a single good boating day. There were only a couple good week-end days when I work anyway. SE Michigan went from summer to fall real fast.:eek!: