PDA

View Full Version : Heading to NY State

apollo24
10-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Guys,

I am flying into Buffalo on Sunday and seeing customers in Western NY state, probably Buffalo to Syracuse via rental car. I will be there all week and I'd like to know what I need to see/do while I am there. I usually try to sightsee while I am travelling.

Any recommendations? There appear to be a lot of lakes up there (besides the two big ones). I'll definitely visit Niagara Falls.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks, Ben
Jackson, MS

Kirbyvv
10-06-2006, 11:02 AM
There are alot of Vineyards in the Fingerlakes region of central NY. Try some wine tasting. Bully Hill and Wagner are nice. Distant relative owns Wagner. I'm from eastern NY so don't know alot else about the central and western areas. Gotta keep another X boat owner happy.

boxy
10-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse ....
Real Blues and BBQ
http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/

Bob
10-06-2006, 11:50 AM
The Finger Lakes are beautiful this time of year. Drive through the Seneca Lake, Cayuga Lake area and make sure you taste some fresh apples between vineyards. Lots of roads run along the lakes.

Kirbyvv
10-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Forgot about the Dinosaur BBQ, I've got a few bottles of their BBQ sauce at home. check it out Ben.

86fxst
10-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Guys,
I am flying into Buffalo on Sunday and seeing customers in Western NY state, probably Buffalo to Syracuse via rental car. I will be there all week and I'd like to know what I need to see/do while I am there. I usually try to sightsee while I am travelling.
Any recommendations? There appear to be a lot of lakes up there (besides the two big ones). I'll definitely visit Niagara Falls.
Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks, Ben
Jackson, MS

Too bad you aren't flying in Saturday, I'm taking my 16C for the last run of the season on Sunday - Supposed to be in the 70's - on Chatauqua Lake just south of Buffalo!! You're more than welcome to come along!

Fred

MOP
10-06-2006, 12:41 PM
The 1000 Islands is about an hour north of there and should be missed, it is one of the pretiest areas in the north east. Check some of the posts in the events section.

Phil

apollo24
10-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Dang, Fred! Maybe you could take Monday off!

Thanks for the info, everyone. I am looking forward to it.