PDA

View Full Version : SEADOGs Gathering Nov 17-19

Last Tango
10-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Last chance to wet the hull in fresh water before the holidays run us over.
Friday evening through Sunday afternoon, November 17-19, 2006. I know it is the weekend before Thanksgiving, but the weekend before that the hotel is booked full for a religious retreat group.
The Moorings Motel (at Crystal Cove), about 2 miles north of Palatka, Florida, off of Highway 17. 133 Crystal Cove Drive for you MapQuesters.
www.themooringsatcrystalcove.com
(386) 325-1055
When you call, tell them you are registering under the Donzi Owners Group.
Riverfront double or single is discounted for us to $70.00 per night.
Parking side ( for those who sleep with one eye on their boat) single or double is $60.00 per night.
There are NO rooms for smokers. However, CUDA, I have a room right next to the exit saved just for you so you can go out there.
Room block will be held for us until NOVEMBER 1st. After that, you are on your own.
Tentative plan:
Friday night arrivals, dinner at Corkey Bells (on the property). Party in the bar area and boat talk in the parking lot until ?
Saturday: We travel into town as a group to get breakfast. Then back to launch boats at 10:00 or so, and take the ride south along the St. Johns River and protected water. Then we cut over through Dunn's Creek into Cresent Lake, drive down to Cresent City, dock and have lunch at 3 Bananas Restaurant on the water. Then back toward Palatka, haul the boats, take a shower, and gather in the parking lot for dinner plan (several to pick from).
Sunday, breakfast, launch the boats, Porkey's Landing for lunch, Lake George and Silver Glen Springs for lazy swimming, then back to Palatka and on home.
My cellphone number is (904) 534-9928.

Cuda
10-03-2006, 08:21 PM
I'll have Debbie check her schedule with Kyle. Hell, we might just come by water. It's only about 30 miles from Porky's to the boat launch by our house.

Dads Thunder
10-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Well Seadog buddy , I am back on line. I know it has been sometime . Now you know I am going to try to make another and someday soon I will be back to put another coat of wax on that beauty . I thought you might like Jesse has the picture of the Donzi on his phone from the Crab shack ..

Mike

Last Tango
10-12-2006, 06:58 AM
Nice you see you back online, again, Mike. Hey at least SOMEBODY is responding to this thread! Our home is always open for you and your family. Come on down!

Mr X
10-12-2006, 04:00 PM
"Then back toward Palatka, haul the boats, take a shower, and gather in the parking lot for dinner plan (several to pick from)."

Now would that be one big group shower??

gcarter
10-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Now would that be one big group shower??

That's a picture my mind doesn't want to contemplate.:eek!: :eek!:

Sofa King
10-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Perhaps after the shower we could go to a nice buffet.

Last Tango
10-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Well, we always have flexibility in our schedule, so if some want a group shower well, have at it.
As for the buffet, This IS Florida, home of the (Jimmy) Buffet.

Cuda
10-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Debbie just checked, that weekend is open for us. :)

Cuda
10-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Who's in? Gcarter? PM Reed? Catch 22 Sr? How about some of our Miami celebrities? :)

gcarter
10-12-2006, 09:04 PM
We can come up for Saturday probably.

gcarter
10-12-2006, 09:17 PM
After all, it ain't far.

Cuda
10-12-2006, 10:54 PM
hmmmmm.... Have exhaust, need an alternator... Maybe :) :)
We'd sure like to have you show.

WOT-sup
10-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Hey Mark,

Sounds like a lot of fun. Now that I've finally got my boat to both 'float and go' status it would be a blast to join in. There is a reasonable chance that I can get off for at least some of the weekend, and if so, I'm going to try to make it. Will keep you posted,

Brad

ChromeGorilla
10-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Hmmmmmm.............:idea:

Budmann
10-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Motor is DONE!!!!! Engine room is DONE!!! Man are these things EXPENSIVE!!!!

Well its done!! Should have all back together end of next week. Water test following weekend and then we might make this trip a (break in) for the 383 STROKER to breathe!!!:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Last Tango
10-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Just a reminder to those who have replied to this thread to make your room reservation BEFORE NOVEMBER 1st. I blocked the rooms only until then. After Nov 1, you are on your own. We want to have a great turnout!

WOT-sup
10-31-2006, 10:51 PM
Got a reservation for Fri and Sat nights. :) Look forward a a weekend of river boating and meeting SEADOGs. May even get a rub rail on the boat by then.
Thanks for the booking deadline reminder Mark.

Brad

Last Tango
11-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Glad you are going to join us, Brad.

Last Tango
11-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Weather THIS weekend is going to be totally awesome. I hope it hangs in there through next week and into the following weekend for this event.

Budmann
11-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Back order from Mercury has delayed the finished product till around third week of Nov.

Next one for sure!!! May go to the Porky's Scream and Fly gig.

Bud

Last Tango
11-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Weather forecast for the coming weekend:
Friday: Sunny, High 66 Low 40
Saturday: Sunny, High 69 Low 42
Sunday: Sunny, High 66 Low 44

Remember that the hotel and restaraunt are not open for traditional breakfast. Big eaters need to bring breakfast or be prepared to drive a very short way into town in the morning where all manner of restaurants exist and are open for breakfast. We will probably do a caravan Saturday and Sunday morning (you can leave your boat and trailer hooked up for the short run) at about 9:30AM. Since the temperatures will be "brisk" in the mornings, we do not need to drop in too early. Remember that the wind chill factor at 40-60 MPH is substantial.
I will arrive Friday evening about 8:00PM.
Mark (904) 534-9928 cell

We can spread out the 2 dinners between Corkey Bells on the property Friday night and Gator Landing downtown on Saturday night. Lunch Saturday will be at 3 Bananas on Cresent Lake. Sunday we will lunch at Porkey's Landing. Those two will be by boat.

Cuda
11-14-2006, 04:22 PM
We are going to make a day trip out of it, unless it's too "brisk". :) What time do you plan on launching?

Last Tango
11-14-2006, 09:16 PM
The run from Crystal Cove to 3 Bananas takes less than one hour. Since we are going for lunch and we want to be there around 1:00PM, I would imagine we would start the launching process at 11:30. That is later than the normal SEADOG launch time, but I want things to warm up some before we go. Winds will be out of the Northwest which favors the western shore once we are in Crescent Lake, which is good because that is the side of the lake the restaurant is on. After lunch, we'll do a little cruise of Crescent Lake and then head back to Crystal Cove, which is also on the western shore of the St. Johns River.
Sunday morning WE are sleeping in late. If the weather is suitable we may do the second day run, but I'm thinking that Saturday will prove to be all the "adventure" anyone needs.

WOT-sup
11-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Close, but....
it ain't gonna happen. Just cancelled my hotel reservations, bummer.:boggled: Work and 'airline-style Thanksgiving family schedule are going to nix this one.

Look for us at Mt. Dora '07, if not before,

Have fun and a happy Thanksgiving to all you SEADOGS,

Brad

Cuda
11-17-2006, 03:57 PM
We just pulled the 22 out to shine it and start it. It didn't want to start. It was acting like it was out of fuel, so we towed it down the the gas station. It took 52 gallons! Not bad for a 53 gallon tank. I guess we burned more at the Hometown Rally than I thought. :)

Fired right up after filling.

Budmann
11-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Boat looks great Joe!! Still waiting for my baby to come home. I'm hoping to get her in Lake Tarpon next week.:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Cuda
11-17-2006, 04:47 PM
What part is Ray waiting for?

Budmann
11-17-2006, 05:04 PM
transom water pick-up from Mercury. Donzi Dave is also tweeking my alpha as well and rounding off the blades of the drive water pump to super cool the drive.

All I know is that about every week its another thousand!!!

BUIZILLA
11-17-2006, 05:42 PM
rounding off the blades of the drive water pump to super cool the drive. ???????????????????????????????????:confused:

Budmann
11-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Yea me too!!! Something about disconnecting the line that goes to the motor and just letting the impeller cool the drive only. This combined with the drive shower is supposed to (super cool) the drive.

Made sense to me at the time...

Last Tango
11-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Awesome weekend! Crystal clear blue skies, very light wind, temp in the very high 60's and low 70's, and a light ripple on the water. George brought his Minx, Debbie (Mrs. Cuda) brought her 22 Classic and Joe, I brought my 22ZX, and we were also accompainied on Saturday's run to 3 Bananas by some very nice guys in a Baja and a Fountain 29 who heard about our gathering and came for the fun and the run and the cold beer at 3 Bananas. As a result, they were officially "inducted" as SEADOGs.
The cool clear air, and cool water did wonders for my boats performance - 66 MPH! Not enough to out run the Fountain, but the Baja and I had a nice run at each other, which appeared to end in a dead heat.

Need another shot at this weekend? December 2, 2006 is the Toys for Tots Tour. Runs from Palatka, through Dunn's Creek to Crescent Lake, to 3 Bananas for lunch, and then back to Palatka. Hmmmmm. Deja vue!
Arrive at the Quality Inn (old Holiday Inn at the base of the bridge in downtown Palatka) for the mandatory captain's meeting at 10:30 AM. Boats will start at 1:00 SHARP! Bring an unwrapped toy for the children. Officials for this event are the U.S. Marines. Saturday night party back at the Quality Inn.
Contact raceboatrus@aol.com if you simply can't figure it from here.
Use this thread for info about the area and hotels and contacts withing the group.