PDA

View Full Version : Links to photos and some things I learned at the Hometown Rally this year

onesubdrvr
10-02-2006, 10:25 PM
OK, this is ALWAYS one of my favorite things to read after other get togethers, so, finally I get my chance to start one!!

In no particular order,....

First - I've said it once, and I'll say it again, a group of people finer than those in the Donzi family will never be found.

Second - Many thanks to Mike Miller for an OUTSTANDING weekend.

Third - Special thanks to all the sponsors,.....especiall Baby Donzi (Mike and Lori), I've had the pleasure of boating with them on a couple of other occasions as well, and my goodness, well, all I can say is AWESOME people.

Forth - Catch 22 (Jim and Gina) REALLY know how to get into the spirit of things :yes:

Fifth - Cuda (Joe) knows ALOT about my boating,...well, um,.....needs and wants :boggled: :bonk:

Sixth - Last Tango (Mark) Makes a damn good room mate, a good boating buddy, and has an SWEET 22zx

Seventh - It's SO COOL to meet the other donzi peeps from all over, the folks from the ACDOA, MADCOWs, etc. enjoyed chatting with the likes of Donzi Di, Big Grizz, and even some of the SEADOG's I haven't met up with yet like Buizilla, Budman, etc.

Eigth- my wife still may not know about my boat :confused:

Ninth - If you're on the fence about which Donzi to buy,...go to a get together and ride some (MANY MANY Thanks to Cracker Jack and Speed Racer (Jack and Brandon) for the ride in the 16 :yes: )

Tenth - I Really Like the 22's,.........I REALLY like the 18's,.........and I really LIKE the 16's :) - yet another mystery for Cuda, details to be released soon. Also, and I can't forget,......the Z boats (all of 'em) are pretty damn cool too :yes:

OK, time to stop counting,....BUT,....

ALLWAYS wear undies or something to snug the boys up,..... even with nice even swells, it's possible to catch a nard under a leg :boggled: :eek!: after catching a little air :eek:

It's REALLY hard to take good video or take good pictures when running near 60 out in the ocean :wink:

I've finally got my pictures posted over on the SEADOG site, remember, clicking on the thumbnail gives you a 640x480, then clicking on the 640x480 will give you the full size, easy to save to your PC / etc. Also, if any one wants a print of anything, let me know.

http://southeastdonzi.net/Gallery1/Sarasota06?page=1 - this is a short cut strait to the Sarasota 06 album

Or see all our photo albums here http://southeastdonzi.net/photos.html

I've got some pretty cool video I've got to do a little editing to, then I will post as well

I REALLY enjoyed this event, even with out a boat,....I highly recommend it, or AOTH, or the Dustoff, etc. go to one of the biggies, you won't be disappointed!!

Until the next time
Wayne

RedDog
10-03-2006, 08:08 AM
OK - what is the story on the "mods" to Catch 22's happy boat?

onesubdrvr
10-03-2006, 03:43 PM
OK - what is the story on the "mods" to Catch 22's happy boat?
There was a contest to see who could decorate their boat in the most 70's groovy kind of way,.......

They won, hands down, luckily, they were just the static cling decals, so no marks were left, but me thinks Catch 22 might have been hoping for another paint job (but boat doesn't need a thing!!)

Only other people that did anything to their boat was FastCat and her husband from Orange Park,....they were the ones with the old boating magazines / etc on the back seat,.....V-Drive 18,...VERY VERY nice boat!!

Wayne

CrackerJack
10-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Is that all? :wink:
Great photos, you and Brad did an outstanding job covering this event.

Thanks, to both of you.

onesubdrvr
10-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks Jack,.....I enjoyed shooting all the photos, and the Videos,...I'll be editing the videos some time this week and posting them, then I'm going to put a collage together in the form of a Windows Movie.

I wish I could figure out the image stabilization thing on my camera for the videos shot on the outside though :eek!: :eek!: :bonk:

Thanks for the ride, and hope to meet up with you guys again soon

Wayne

Tony
10-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Those are great pics, thanks for posting them.
With captions, no doubt!

Current "times viewed" leader: Hello Ladies!

:beer:

onesubdrvr
10-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Thanks Tony,

I really enjoy taking them, and spreading some joy,....I'm going to go back and add captions to all the pictures so everyone know who / what they are looking at,...

On a different note,

Here http://www.southeastdonzi.net/Sarasota06 243.mov is a link to a 21 second video of Gaye and Tom running their 18 V-Drive (it's 6.1mb right now, so it's gonna take a while to load) - or, you can right click on the link, click save as, and it'll go strait to your pc, but at 6.1mb will still take a while to load,....MAN what a beautiful boat,....maybe if they decide to upgrade to a 22, they'll give me a GREAT deal on it,....you know, first video posted and all!!

Anyway, enjoy, I am working on the rest, but is a slow process right now as the kids are keeping me busy at home.

Until later
Wayne

fastcat
10-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Here http://www.southeastdonzi.net/Sarasota06 243.mov is a link to a 21 second video of Gaye and Tom running their 18 V-Drive (it's 6.1mb right now, so it's gonna take a while to load) - or, you can right click on the link, click save as, and it'll go strait to your pc, but at 6.1mb will still take a while to load,....MAN what a beautiful boat,....maybe if they decide to upgrade to a 22, they'll give me a GREAT deal on it,....you know, first video posted and all!!

Wayne- Great video- thanks for posting it. When we are ready to sell the 18, we'll call you first. We are seriously thinking about getting a 22 classic. Our neighbor is selling his '89 25ZX so we may go that route in the interim till we can afford a really nice 22 classic...like a Shelby GT:yes: . We love the classics though. I hate to sell my boat as it is a piece of history in the Donzi world. Not too many V-drives around anymore.
Gaye

onesubdrvr
10-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Well,

I'm finally done,

It's a LONG movie - 25.x MB, 7 minutes long,....I enjoyed putting it together, I hope you enjoy watching it, and if you want it on CDR, let me know, it's going to take a LONG time to download,...either click on it, or right click and save target to your computer.

Also, this one is 320x240,...640x480 got a little "pixley",....and is 104mb

Anyway, I hope you enjoy

http://www.southeastdonzi.net/Sarasota06Video.wmv

Wayne

catch 22
10-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Wayne, Thanks for the cool video.:cool!: I had that ZR in my sights. But I have to get the rev limiter looked at.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Cuda
10-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the video. We were running much closer to the beach coming down the gulf.