PDA

View Full Version : Garmin 276C Plus GPS - NEW!

Last Tango
10-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Garmin 276C PLUS, Land and Sea Package, Model 6938682. Portable color chartplotter for your boat AND your car/tow vehicle. BRAND NEW NEVER OUT of the BOX!!!Includes everything to install on your boat AND in your car. All software. Built in BaseMap with automatic routing cpability. Shows cities, lakes, interstates, highways and US tide data, street/highway autorouting, multiple display settings for cutomizing, logbooks, marine timer, voice guidance with automotive navigation accessory pack, compatible with Bluechart.

List is well over $1,300.

Sell for $775 including shipping to your door.

Mark A. Laszlo
Jacksonville, FL
(904) 534-9928

Mr X
10-03-2006, 06:50 AM
We don't need no stinkin' GPS's.

GPS...Geez :rolleyes:

Lenny
10-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Hmm, why is all your stuff catching my eye lately ?

Shipping included too .... hmmmm

4 boats, one GPS. Obviously something is amiss.

Oops, make that five now :) Have to keep this one quiet for a bit tho ;)

Mr X
10-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Mark,
are you sure your middle name is'nt "Monty" as in Monty Hall from "lets make a deal"...?
I'll take door number two!! :yes:

Lenny
10-04-2006, 07:52 PM
If I get your check within the next two weeks, I throw in a brand spanking new Donzi flag - Black background, white Donzi, red Z, surrounded by circle with "EST 1964", and "www.donzimarine.com" in white letters at bottom. Size is about 1 meter high and 1.5 meters long. Fabric is semi-transparent, heavy duty nylon, with two brass rings on the white welting for attaching to a pole.

Got a brandy new one already Mark. Thanks anyways. :) In fact, it is flying on the flagpole outside right now, basking in the sun. I took down the TEXAS flag prior to Summer and replaced it with this one.

My neighbours just "love" me ;)

BaldEagle
10-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Mark,
If you are always lost, like me, the 276C is a great unit. I have used one for a couple years now. I like to take it with me when Im travelling, fun watching the air speed amd desent in a jet, because you can slap it in the rental car, make a waypoint, get directly to your hotel and back to Avis without a map. Nice user friendly GPS, for those who need one.

Last Tango
10-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Yes, it can be quiet an entertainment. Many folks are chart/map challenged or inconvenienced and this is absolutely perfect for them. Has auto-scrolling position so you are always in the center of the map, full color screen with beautifully detailed navigation info colored markers, depth readings, shoreline features, and other features like fuel, food, motels, historic sites, points of interest, altitude, and all the usual features for travellers like average speed, distance to go (otherwise known as a waypoint), terrain, road names, highway numbers, etc.

Last Tango
10-15-2006, 09:44 AM
Respond to this post within 48 hous, and mail your check within 72 hours of the post time on this reply, and the price is $600 US, plus UPS shipping to your door (buyer pays shipping). If no purchase responses to this thread within 48 hours from this post time on this reply or check not received in 10 days, it goes to the Angel Aid charity auction.

wrussellw
10-15-2006, 12:41 PM
What region(s) does it include the unlock key for? External antenna?

Last Tango
10-15-2006, 03:19 PM
Since the unit is portable, the antenna is a stub on the top of the display.

QUOTE:
"The included MapSource BlueChart Americas CD gives you access to detailed offshore charts from one region of your choice. Features include depth contours, navaids, port plans, hazards and more. Unlock other areas at additional cost."

Since I have never even had it out of the box, YOU would pick your free region.

Quote:
"With the included MapSource City Select North America Completely Unlocked DVD..."

Sea maps show all of North and South America, Hawaii, Canadian provinces up through Hudson Bay. If you are taking a boat from the Great Lakes, out the St. Lawrence Sea Way to the Atlantic, South around the tip of the Cape of Good Hope, North again to the Aluetians and then East to the ice off Greenland, it is a available.
I'm certain they did not remove New Orleans, even though Katrina tried.

Land map shows all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and all of the lower 8 provinces of Canada. Does not include Mexico, Central or South America like the Sea portion. But if you were planning on driving from Key West to Prudhoe Bay, all the roads are there. There are no extra cost areas. Downloading is part of the process.

How far were you planning on driving?

This unit has EVERYTHING you will EVER need for a Navigation Unit. Far more interesting features than I care to take the time to name here. You will NOT be disappointed. I haven't even activated the 1 yr warranty, yet. Has VOICE PROMPTS from the included cable and speaker. I do not know if the voice is male or female. (My wife provides this feature herself for us when we are travelling.)

BUIZILLA
10-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Mark, i'll take it, SOLD !!

$600 check will be in the mail tomorrow morning. I'll attach an airbill with my FedEX account number for return shipping.

Jim

Last Tango
10-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Thanks, JIm. I assure you, you will be thrilled when you see this unit.

To the others, I thank all of you for your interest and your posts.
This item is officially SOLD.

Mark

BUIZILLA
10-15-2006, 06:12 PM
Thanx Mark, with all the stuff I own, this was too good of a deal to pass up.

JH :cool:

wrussellw
10-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Bummer, should have waited for your response before leaving to wax the boat.

Last Tango
10-20-2006, 03:57 PM
JIm,
Received your check yesterday. UPS's you box early this morning. Arrival at your business on Tuesday.
Cool thing.