PDA

View Full Version : Winni Update

DonziJon
10-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Just got back from two weeks at Winni. Didn't take the boat this time but that's another story. Apparently the "Speed Limit" issue has been squashed for the time being. The deputys are now going after "noise" violators more vigorously. It never ends.

I talked with a guy who recently bought a new 22zx (2004 leftover) from the local dealer down in Alton Bay. He has some "casual" issues with the boat and although he has a boathouse on the lake wasn't aware the Alton Bay dealer no longer has the franchise. Further checking on my part revealed there is NO LONGER a Donzi dealer on the lake.

The guy is having a problem with cracks just ahead of the windscreen. I think I read something on this forum about something like that. Also a couple of chips/blemishes elsewhere. He was told that the hull was "PAINTED"...not gel-coated. Can this be true??? Not Gel Coated?? He was convinced this was fact.

ALSO: He was only getting 52mph out of a 5.7 (300 hp?) Alpha and was disapointed. It's his first Donzi.

I recommended this site to him: He had not heard of it. He seemed definately interested. John

yeller
10-01-2006, 07:18 PM
...Also a couple of chips/blemishes elsewhere. He was told that the hull was "PAINTED"...not gel-coated. Can this be true??? Not Gel Coated?? He was convinced this was fact.
Yep....white gel, colors are painted.