PDA

View Full Version : Finally got her on the water!

Vegas Classic
09-30-2006, 10:29 PM
I had my maiden voyage today, I'm happy to say it went quite well. The boat fires on first turn and is an aboslute blast to drive. I bought it from a place in New Hampsire and I waited for a month for a truck to pick it up and unfortunately, nobody wanted to get it, so I flew back east last weekend and towed it across the country, I couldn't stand to wait anymore! Anyways, we had a sweet 16' when I was a kid and it was my favorite boat. Mine is a '98 18' with a 5.7 350 with an Edelbrock manifold and 4 barrel carb. It was a little choppy today and I didn't want to over do it but she hit 55 with plenty still left in her, I can't wait to get some more hours under my belt. I sold my '97 Porsche Carrera to get the boat and so far, I couldnt be happier.

Here she is today at Sandy Cove on Lake Mead. I'll get some better pics tomorrow, I was too excited today. :yes:

http://homepage.mac.com/gtifrank/.Public/voyage1/1.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/gtifrank/.Public/voyage1/2.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/gtifrank/.Public/voyage1/3.jpg

Tony
09-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Very cool. I love the black, and the ss windshield.

:beer:

Walt. H.
09-30-2006, 11:42 PM
WOW Congrat's,

You must have made a great deal, cause thats about three times further then I would travel for any boat.

All the best to ya! :yes:

WH

Vegas Classic
09-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Hahaha, well there aren't a lot of classics on the West Coast, I got a much better deal and the color I wanted, so I guess it was worth it.:wink:

Lenny
09-30-2006, 11:50 PM
VEGAS, ... very nice. That is a great looking ride.

Take good care of 'er. :)

Nice to see more out West.

Walt. H.
09-30-2006, 11:56 PM
For sure!

Its hard to believe its a 98', looks better then new and i'm drooling! Must be time for another cold one:beer:
:frown:

LKSD
10-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Nice ride.. :)

MOP
10-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Very nice combo, looks like you grabbed a sweet one! Being as you are from a warmer clime consider it you duty to make us jealous with your escapades this WINTER:shades:

BigGrizzly
10-02-2006, 10:22 AM
As for the porsha goes you won't regret it. As for the drive, I have driven alot for alot less. We got out 16 in 1966 and my sister still has it! My 18 Corsican and 22 Criterion are here with me now, and I don't care if I never get another sports care again!!! My oldest son summed it up. When a friend told him " I have a new anew **** that goes 190 mph" Marc replied " I have a Donzi"!!! End of story. Great luck you will not regret it.

Hotspare
10-02-2006, 10:43 AM
STUNNING !!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Barry Phillips
10-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Vegas Classic, I think you bought my 18; I am the first owner and ordered it from Lake George Boat Co. in May 97, the boat delivered July 4th. I recognize the little black vinyl guard I put below the keep switch to protect the dash from scratches. I also installed the tie downs on the ski tub. I ordered the boat with a Bravo 1 so I could up the HP latter on. Their was a black 9 “ grab handle where the radio is know. I traded her in for a 22 Classic at The Boat Store NE PA in 03. I was told it was purchased by a guy in Boston. When I had her she could run 62 to 66 mph confirmed with the standard 5.7L package.

Take good care of her.

BP

Eugene Nahemow
10-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Great looking Classic 18.:yes:
We need more brought to the West Coast.

Vegas Classic
10-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for the info, I noticed that black key guard and was wondering about it. Yes, the owner was from Boston, the boat was on Lake Winipasaukee in New Hampshire, I actually bought the boat from the marina where he kept it stored on a consignment deal. The registration was from '03 til '05, he parked it after last summer and it basically sat for the last year. It now has the Edelbrcok 4 bbl setup, maybe I can squeeze a little more out of her, we'll see! Thanks for the info though, I really appreciate it, it's nice to know that she was in good hands. I can assure you it will be well taken care of, I plan on keeping her for a llooonnggg time..that is atleast until I get my 22'. :wink:

Barry Phillips
10-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Vegas Classic, I must confess I was little teary eyed to see her again, but I know she has a good home. The black boot strip was a custom order at the time, the boat attracted so much attention in the dealer’s yard before I picked it up, he order a 22 just like it for a demo. Now Donzi offers black as a standard color.
I thought you might be interested in the link below. Your new Classic is on the Donzi Marine web site in lower left on rendezvous page. The picture was taken at the LG Classics Club in 2000. The same picture was featured in the Donzi brochure the same year. I do not now how much the Boston owner used it, but I average a less than 30 hours a season. My 22 only has a 100 hours on it after its 4the season.

BP

www.donzimarine.com/DonziWebsite/Site/Rendezvous/Rendezvous1.html

Vegas Classic
10-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Wow, how cool is that, thanks alot Barry! I can't wait to get out again this weekend, we have a big Offshore Super Series race on Lake Mead this weekend. Needless to say I'm going to have a great seat. I appreciate the info, I don't think the 2nd owner used her much, she wasn't even registered for '06 and was stored inside. I was going to have the hours checked as soon as I find a worthy area mechanic. I got a ton of compliments on her the first day out, I'm sure I'll get a lot more this weekend.

I love the 22', I'll have one of those someday, hopefully a special ordered one. :wink:

Thanks again,
Frank

Hotspare
10-04-2006, 09:53 AM
Hummmm ........

Kinda makes me wonder if I've got the Special Order 22 your speaking of ......... Mine's a 98 also, with the same color combo ..... Spent it's early years on the Tom's River I'm told ......

Vegas Classic
10-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Stranger things have happend, that's a great shot. :)

Hotspare
10-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Thank's Vegas ..............

DonCig, took the shot last year at PK ....... He's a great photographer I'm thinkin ......... Dude, Your Boat's AWSOME, The Black on White's very Spartain, Stealy Lookin .... Keep the pic's coming .....

Barry Phillips
10-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Hotspare, the dealer from which I purchased VegasClassic’s 18 did order a 502 powerd black on white 22 for the 2000 season and they wanted me to buy it, but I was happy with the 18. The boat was sold to a guy in Harris Bay Lake George; it sits only 300 yards from the marina and the last Donzi Lake George Boat sold before they gave up the franchise. My 22 is kept on the Great Sacandaga Lake NY about 30 miles SW of LG. Last year I meet up with a couple who own still another black on white 502 powered 22, which was kind of a big deal because there are only 3 Classics on the Sacandaga full time. I think it’s a 99, not sure. I thought he bought it from the guy at LG, not so. There are more Cigs and Fountains on the Sacandaga than Donzi Classics. Yet on LG 30 miles away they are all over the place, there are more Classic Donzis on LG than any place else I know of, and currently no dealer, go figure. Great shot by the way.

BP

ATLDONZI
10-06-2006, 07:55 AM
nice, it good to see another flawless 98'