PDA

View Full Version : reprogamming ecm

Sofa King
09-27-2006, 12:52 AM
have a 99 454 mag mpi any suggestions for maps or programmer?

Dredgeking
09-27-2006, 04:24 AM
My next boat or engine will have EFi that I can program. My Cannondale ATV has fully programmable ECU which I can plug my laptop into and do things much easier than I can if I was tuning a carb. So, I'm interested in hearing what's available to program ECU units as well.

Dave_N
09-27-2006, 09:58 AM
You don't say what you are trying to accomplish, but a '99 502MPI will have a MEFI3 controlller. There is no software available that will allow you to reprogram this type of ECM yourself. You have to send it to someone that can do it and it costs about $350.00.

You can buy a MEFI4b ECM with a passkey and software to program it yourself from Arizona Speed and Marine. Seems like the way to go to me.

Dave

The Hedgehog
09-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Precision Marine. Call Mark Boos PMEFI.com

He did mine after I installed my procharger. It runs cleaner than before the procharger. He is supposed to be the best. He has a number of different programs for different combos and situations. I would use him again.

harbormaster
09-28-2006, 12:55 PM
I definitely recommend Mark also

LKSD
09-29-2006, 07:20 AM
have a 99 454 mag mpi any suggestions for maps or programmer?

I am not a fan of this.. I only recomend doing this if you are having drivability issues after all else is ruled out, or for fine tuning of a modded engine after its uprades.. If it is done, it better be done right.. I have seen it sometimes cause more grief than good.. Just my 2 cents. :) Jamie / Lakeside