PDA

View Full Version : 16' classic windshield?

byeagle
09-23-2006, 01:29 AM
Looking for a windshield for a 95 classic 16'.... new or used is fine. Im new to the boating world and don't wanna sound like a duche bag by asking for something that doesn't exist, but Im pretty sure I saw a 16 w/ a w/s and it looked slick.....anyways thanx if u can help me out -Bryan

Lenny
09-23-2006, 02:24 AM
Looking for a windshield for a 95 classic 16'.... new or used is fine. (am I) "my add" ...asking for something that doesn't exist

I have never seen a STOCK one on 16' boats ... :(

Donzi Di
09-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Lenny - believe it or not, the 16's did come with a windshield.

Our 1965 came with one. We just chose not to install it after restoring the boat because I did not like the way it looked (just a personal opinion). To me, it took away from the Donzi sleekness of the boat.

Bryan - to answer your question... unfortunately, I don't know if the newer 16's came with the windshield.

BERTRAM BOY
09-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Bryan,
You could try the factory.

jl1962
09-26-2006, 03:06 PM
My '67 Ski Sporter (which I purchased this spring) also has/had an original windshield. I ran it half the summer with the windshield on and half the summer with if off trying to decide which option I preferred. The windshield cops the '60's muscle car vibe a little better, but I think the boat looks cleaner without. Mine was easy to remove (only 10 screws) but I'm not going to fill the holes just yet so that I can preserve both options, plus I value originality. That said, had it not left the factory w/ a windshield, I doubt I would consider adding one.

I have seen more modern 16's w/ a different, lower style windshield like on the newer 18's but the protection they offer is meager and again I like a cleaner look. Your hair's gonna get messy anyway!

JL

byeagle
09-30-2006, 12:46 AM
Cool, thanx for the info guys......now that im thinking about it, i might like it better now without the windshield. other people say the same too. I dunno. Well at least I know there's something out there. thanx again.

john Muro
11-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Call or e mail John in las vegas he can make Donzi winshields he is las vegas but he can ship any where. if you have a paper
mrplastics@hotmail.com....
1 -702 372-1233

Sea Biscuit
11-29-2006, 09:06 AM
I bought a new windshield from my local (Mi) dealer, I think it was around $600. You will need to fill the holes from the rails,they don't line up.