PDA

View Full Version : St. Augustine

gcarter
09-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Does anyone know where you can tie up in downtown St. nAugustine for a day trip?

mikev
09-22-2006, 10:44 AM
the municipal marina I think lets people dock for a day and its right in downtown. here is a link.
St. Augustine marina (http://www.ci.st-augustine.fl.us/visitors/sa_municmarina.html)

ChromeGorilla
09-22-2006, 03:53 PM
Mike is right. Municiple Marina is the plac. We used to go to St. Augustine alot from jax when we lived there. Looking at the picture on the webpage, the transient docks are on the bottom left section. Dockmasters office is all the way out, you'll see it when you come in. It is elevated and has a long ramp leading up to it.

George, if you make the trip I recommend 2 places to eat. If you want to eat in St. Augustine, directly across from the marina is the A1A Aleworks. it is the yellow building on the corner. Restaurant is upstairs. Here is a link... http://www.a1aaleworks.com/ The food is EXCELLENT and is one of our favorites when we tie up in St. Auguatine. Be sure to get the Calamri appetizer..... some of the best I have had.... They have great seafood here.

The other place I would recommend is the Conch House. This is located a very short (less than 5 min) ride from Municiple Marina on Anastasia Island. It is located somewhat near the St. Augustine Lighthouse. So when you see the lighthouse it is in that general area. Anybody on the water could give you great directions to get there or I could post the route for you if you want it. Conch House is like no other. You HAVE to sit in one of the PODS for your Meal! Recommeded plates include the Tropical Wings, and the Lobster Ravioli. And the absolute must here is their award winning Minorcan Conch Chowder. Here is a link. http://www.conch-house.com/

When we would go to St. A, these were the only 2 places we ever ate. We love them both as do our friends.

Have fun George.

Cuda
09-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Are you going to run from Daytona/Ormond Beach when you go? Let me know if you are, I've been wanting to make that trip myself.

ChromeGorilla
09-22-2006, 05:50 PM
My wife just saw this thread and I got the "Scott, I hate it here.....i wanna move back to Jax....." thing is I agree 100% I miss it too..... I just can't find work in North Florida........:confused: If you guys make the St. A trip....have a great time!!!!!

PS...This is my wifes favorite boating trip...Jax to St. A.....

BUIZILLA
09-22-2006, 06:08 PM
I just can't find work in North Florida........:confused: I hear Iran is hiring nuke heads...

anonymous

vonkamp
09-22-2006, 07:24 PM
George,

When you coming up? I'd love to stop by and check out the Minx. I'm not far from there and always looking for a reason to go to St. Aug. Theres an English pub near there that has a black & tan with my name on it. :yes:

Cheers,
Baron

gcarter
09-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi Baron;
We have some friends from Oklahoma staying with us and we wanted to take them on Sunday, but they have to leave early Sunday morning.
But it's a trip we want to make. I'm about through working on this thing, now I want to use it some. Only 72 hours in just under two years.

gcarter
09-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Are you going to run from Daytona/Ormond Beach when you go? Let me know if you are, I've been wanting to make that trip myself.
We can do, Joe.
Some time in October, OK? Gotta trip to Nashville on the 23,4,&5, but before or after.

I like the Columbia there. Of course you have to liike Cuban food though.

Last Tango
09-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Nancy and I love O.C. Whites for dinner. Right across the street from the marina, two story coquina building. Friday and Saturday evenings they have live music - usually a very good and soothing one-man gig doing Jimmy Buffet and America songs. Mellow. Several great places within a minutes walk of the marina.
We can plan another round up of SEADOGS for this. If you go, let us know.

vonkamp
09-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Our favorite is Columbia too. There's alot of great places there. The Lighthouse restaurant is a great place for lunch as well.

Man...I need to get my boat done. :boggled: :boggled: