PDA

View Full Version : The Mouse Is About Ready To Squeak...

Rootsy
09-20-2006, 08:00 PM
i do need a new powersteering pump pulley and sea water pump pulley and mounting bracket... and appropriate length serpentine belt... details details... still tossing around intake choices too... :bonk:

Tony
09-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Wow!
I was at my brother's in Chelsea last Sunday...in retrospect I should have called you and stopped by for a visit. We have to hook up sometime on Wamplers Lake or wherever. Damn, that's a fine looking peice of machinery!

:beer:

penbroke
09-20-2006, 08:49 PM
Very Nice! I may have to send ya the Cobra for a little TLC.:wink:

Keep up the good work and keep the updates comming.

Frank

smokediver
09-20-2006, 09:00 PM
looks great ! i have a edelbrock performer 8 bolt pattern . it's yours if you want it .. just throw a little donation to the board ...

Rootsy
09-20-2006, 09:04 PM
looks great ! i have a edelbrock performer 8 bolt pattern . it's yours if you want it .. just throw a little donation to the board ...

I was thinkin more along the lines of victor jr :)

smokediver
09-20-2006, 09:13 PM
oohhh , turning up the revs !!!:eek!:

MOP
09-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Jamie whats up you were in love with the Air Gap? Are you going to put a remote oil filter and cooler on it?

LKSD
09-21-2006, 07:41 AM
i do need a new powersteering pump pulley and sea water pump pulley and mounting bracket... and appropriate length serpentine belt... details details... still tossing around intake choices too... :bonk:

Thats too nice to put in that orange lawnmower in the back!!! :yes: :yes: Just kidding.. It Looks cool... Edelbrock's Intakes do seem to work well on the majority of the marine carb apps... We usually use the Performer & performer RPM air gap... Otherwise on it's usually weiand, dart or something like that (although thats BBC stuff).. I think you would be happy with either of the Edelbrock intakes on your engine.. As far as brackets if the stock oem stuff wont work , I can get you anything Eddie marine or Hardin marine has... If I can help you let me know.. :) Jamie / lakeside

Sam
09-21-2006, 08:07 AM
Looks very nice James, can't wiat to see it run.

Sam :wink:

Rootsy
09-21-2006, 08:09 AM
oohhh , turning up the revs !!!:eek!:

with the cylinder head and valvetrain i'm running peak HP should be in the 5800 - 6000 rpm range... depends on exhaust... but lightnings will be hanging on this thing eventually...

stock merc bracketry will work fine :)

Rootsy
09-21-2006, 09:13 AM
Jamie whats up you were in love with the Air Gap? Are you going to put a remote oil filter and cooler on it?

oil cooler yes... plumbing to be determined yet... i still have to get the correct hoses for the bravo application... transom assy to sea water pump and sea water pump to thermostat housing... i have a spare oil cooler in my stash somewhere...

as for the rpm airgap... never was "in love" with it... but it fit my application... the boat is light... i am easy out of the hole and the hammer never falls unless i am cruise rpm so the powerband shift is justified to gain the bit extra where the single plane will give it...

BigGrizzly
09-21-2006, 09:20 AM
One hell of a good looking mouse. I'm not even going to give any suggestions to the manifold, but I'm not in love with the air gap either. Nuff said! You havn't dissapointed me yet!!!

Eugene Nahemow
09-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Beautiful lookng engine!
And I am sure it will run as good as it looks.

harbormaster
09-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Jamie, that engine looks great.

maddad
09-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Wow!:cool!:

Sagbay32
09-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Very, Very nice. I love that blue!

Mike

gcarter
09-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Hi Jamie;
Good looking work.
What are you going to use for a fuel pump?

Carl C
09-22-2006, 07:57 AM
Looks good. Will you test run it first on an engine stand?

Rootsy
09-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Looks good. Will you test run it first on an engine stand?

i plan to flog the living piss out of it on the dyno actually :) if it is EVER going to break... it's gonna break right there...

i also want to do some sbc exhaust comparisons....

onesubdrvr
09-22-2006, 03:32 PM
i plan to flog the living piss out of it on the dyno actually :) if it is EVER going to break... it's gonna break right there...

i also want to do some sbc exhaust comparisons....
Jamie,

don't know what you are going to try with the exhaust, but would LOVE to see the comparisons

Looking good!!

Wayne

Rootsy
09-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Jamie,
don't know what you are going to try with the exhaust, but would LOVE to see the comparisons
Looking good!!
Wayne

i've been wanting to do this for a few years now... and hopefully i get it done on this engine...

my plan is to start with stock, merc center riser exhaust... get the tune up for that exhaust.. and make a couple of pulls to back it all up... then, change nothing... and go to my GLM / IMCO riser combo... make a pull.... go to like Stainless marine... make a pull... and so on and so forth.. for every sbc exhaust combo that people will loan me... hopefully ending with some lightning headers... hopefully i can make successful pulls without having to adjust A/F ratios or timing etc... but if something showed promise or a big deviation in the tune-up i'd come back to it most likely... do the tune-up for that exhaust and pull it to see just what it'll do...

then compile it all and do data comparison.. graphical and empiracle... do a technical report on it... etc etc etc...

the issue i have is that exhaust is a healthy chunk of change and for that money you better get more than just good looks. BBC exhaust comparisons are all over the place... but you never see anything for sbc stuff... just manufacturer claims... and we all know that companies are always truthful in advertised data... reckon I figured someone might as well do it, so why not me...

JR

gpapich
09-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Rootsy,

You go boy! If I were in your shoes, I'd probably do same for the impartial comparison.

It's one of my gripes with many of the boating mags - not technical enough.

DonCig
09-23-2006, 09:40 AM
i've been wanting to do this for a few years now... and hopefully i get it done on this engine...
my plan is to start with stock, merc center riser exhaust... get the tune up for that exhaust.. and make a couple of pulls to back it all up... then, change nothing... and go to my GLM / IMCO riser combo... make a pull.... go to like Stainless marine... make a pull... and so on and so forth.. for every sbc exhaust combo that people will loan me... hopefully ending with some lightning headers... hopefully i can make successful pulls without having to adjust A/F ratios or timing etc... but if something showed promise or a big deviation in the tune-up i'd come back to it most likely... do the tune-up for that exhaust and pull it to see just what it'll do...
then compile it all and do data comparison.. graphical and empiracle... do a technical report on it... etc etc etc...
the issue i have is that exhaust is a healthy chunk of change and for that money you better get more than just good looks. BBC exhaust comparisons are all over the place... but you never see anything for sbc stuff... just manufacturer claims... and we all know that companies are always truthful in advertised data... reckon I figured someone might as well do it, so why not me...
JR
I know somebody that has a almost brand new set of Lightening Headers ready for testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigGrizzly
09-24-2006, 10:15 AM
I can't help much, What I do know abour 5 years back Garry Grimes did the small block test for his own 383CID with a blower and founf CMI to be the ticket. The elbow tops being better than everything else except the full tube CMI. the difference being 19 HP shorter than tube type on an 850HP pull, but only 5lbs shorter in torque. He opted to go the elbow top on the small block for clearence reasons and looks. Rember this guy is a pickie guy and if the welds arn't perfic he sends it back. After that the test are veague but he does like Stainess Marine. I used full tube CMI on my engine because we set up the engine with them and made the complete package. I am anxcious to see your results because you will do it right!!

Rootsy
10-04-2006, 09:16 AM
tossed the exhaust on just to get it out of the way....