PDA

View Full Version : International Space Station getting Brighter!

pmreed
09-16-2006, 06:51 PM
With the deployment of the additional solar energy panels, the ISS is getting brighter! Just how much brighter remains to be seen; check it out for yourself. Go to Heavens Above (http://www.heavens-above.com/) , find your location (or enter your Lat/Lon if you know it) and see when your next opportunities to see the station are. If you were really lucky, you could see the shuttle close to the ISS just after separation. There are more panels yet to come by 2010, so it will get brighter yet. Let us all know if you see it.

Phil
Keep looking up

ps: There are lots of other satellites you can watch for; check some of them out too!

BUIZILLA
09-16-2006, 07:05 PM
fascinating website Phil...

pmreed
09-17-2006, 11:00 AM
I've got e-friends in Adelaide, Australia who are getting a show the night of the 18th...they'll see the the shuttle trailing the ISS by 40 miles or so.. I've never seen that!!

Phil

mikev
09-18-2006, 09:55 AM
I've got e-friends in Adelaide, Australia who are getting a show the night of the 18th...they'll see the the shuttle trailing the ISS by 40 miles or so.. I've never seen that!!
Phil
i saw that one several years ago. the really cool thing to check out is the irridum flares they list on that site gotta have your location fairly acurrate but they are really cool to see.