PDA

View Full Version : WHERE is Jack Frost?

Patti
09-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Ohh Jack?
It's 80 degrees here..I thought you promised me cooler weather?
What gives? :wink: :tongue:

Magicallbill
09-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Wait 'till Tues. Morning....

Patti
09-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Oh I know..I can't wait..I love cold weather ;)

pmreed
09-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Me too Patti, can't wait for those cool winter days when the thermometer only reaches the mid 70s.

Phil

Patti
09-16-2006, 08:31 PM
LOL..shut up PM

I dont even want 70's! ;)

My nephew just moved down to Miami this past spring..went from NYPD to the Sheriff's dept there..he called me not long ago asking me why I let him leave NY lol..he is already hating the heat..ah well..too late now ;)

We are starting to get some foliage though..it's a good sign :yes:

ChromeGorilla
09-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Carefull Patti.... you know what they say... you mess with the bull you get the horns....... right Mr. Frost.....:wink:

Patti
09-17-2006, 01:53 PM
That's ok..i'm tough..I can handle it..

Bring it on Jack! :tongue:

80 today..40's by Tuesday..work for me! :) :yes:

Magicallbill
09-18-2006, 12:40 AM
Girls...I'll never understand 'em..

Do you and Rootsy get into "Indoor Thermostat Battles?" or is he cold-natured also?

RickSE
09-18-2006, 11:27 AM
We had our first frost last Thursday. Leaves are turning and Fall is in the air here, mid-60's during the day to lower 30's at night, great sleeping weather. :yes:

Patti
09-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Girls...I'll never understand 'em..
Do you and Rootsy get into "Indoor Thermostat Battles?" or is he cold-natured also?

We are always at odds over the temp.

I'm always warm and he is always cold..

so, if he is cold..I tell him to put a sweater on or use another blanket lol

I refuse to be warm!

I usually win too..cause he kinda likes me ;)

Patti
09-18-2006, 11:30 AM
We had our first frost last Thursday. Leaves are turning and Fall is in the air here, mid-60's during the day to lower 30's at night, great sleeping weather. :yes:

No frost for us yet :(

Tommorow is only supposed to be mid 50's and tommorow night we're due to get down into the 30's..so maybe we'll get some frost.

Our trees are starting to turn..it really is such a beautiful time of the year..

Oh and I love Az..was there twice..absolutely beautiful :)

Carl C
09-18-2006, 11:32 AM
We had our first frost last Thursday. Leaves are turning and Fall is in the air here, mid-60's during the day to lower 30's at night, great sleeping weather. :yes: In Arizona? I think Jack Frost did get lost!

Patti
09-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Oh Carl..AZ can get really cold lol

I remember going to the Grand Canyon..going to Flagstaff etc..good god was it cold..and of course I wasnt prepared for Arizona to be cold lol

It gets a bit nipply..especially at night :)

Carl C
09-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Oh Carl..AZ can get really cold lol
I remember going to the Grand Canyon..going to Flagstaff etc..good god was it cold..and of course I wasnt prepared for Arizona to be cold lol
It gets a bit nipply..especially at night :) Well I'll find out. I'm planning to visit Lake Havasu City this winter in prep for a possible move there in a couple years. I think this is closer to desert and lower altitude and maybe a little warmer? Hey, RickSE - maybe before long there will be 2 Donzis in Arizona!:rlol:

RickSE
09-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Yep, we loose heat here fast at night due to the dry, thin air. There's minimal moisture to retain the heat at night so it just goes bye-bye.

We get a little snow here also. :yes:

Carl, Havasu is under 1000' elevation, lake is actually at 400', and it certainly does get hot there, 110-115 in the hottest part of the summer. Drop me a line if you're out this way.

Last Tango
09-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Yepper, Fall is here in North Florida, too. Temperatures are struggling into the mid-80's the last week or so. Soon it'll be time to prep the boat for winter (store the bimini below decks). It was actually crisp here today, what with humidity down in the 70% range. I feel a chill coming on.:wink:
Yessiree, Monday Night Maddeness NFL Football is here tonight and the Pittsburgh Steelers are concerned about the weather. Sky is actually BLUE, and not what they are used to seeing up there. They can smell the OCEAN. And we are 200 miles farther WEST than Pittsburgh. I can understand their confusion.
Turnabout comes in early November when I go to Cleveland and visit Mom and Dad for a long weekend. I will, of course, have to mow the lawn that morning before I leave to go there.

glashole
09-19-2006, 07:31 AM
:) couple weeks of boating left here :crossfing

then roll on winter! :eek!:

Magicallbill
09-19-2006, 05:50 PM
The wind veered NW..
It ALMOST made it to 60 today...
It was too cold to take my 18 out,as I'd planned to..
Low 40's tonite...

Are you happy now Patti??

BRRRRR....

Patti
09-19-2006, 05:59 PM
The wind veered NW..
It ALMOST made it to 60 today...
It was too cold to take my 18 out,as I'd planned to..
Low 40's tonite...
Are you happy now Patti??
BRRRRR....

why yes I was!! lol

High here today was around 54..tommorow even cooler..I am loving this lol

I was out taking photos of early foliage today with the dogs..they like this weather too..they're both snoring..they're worn out.

I actually had to put heat on a bit today and wore my coat..I was cold..but I still like it better than the heat! lol