PDA

View Full Version : Konrad drives installed by Lakeside

LKSD
09-16-2006, 10:39 AM
For any of you wondering what the Korad drives can handle with ease, feel free to browse our site to find out more..

Below are 3 video clips of a pair of a 33' Apache Warrior that we installed a pair of Konrad 540hp's Behind twin blown 509's with 671 blowers. The fly by clip is on a 9 mile around lake in a about a 300-400 yard wide cove at 80mph GPS! We got some attention on that lake that day!

To find out more history & info about this boat view our website & these clips.. :) Enjoy & dont forget to turn up your volume! :)

Jamie / Lakeside (authorized Konrad distributor & Installer)

http://www.lakesiderestorations.com/common/sound/idle33.wmv

http://www.lakesiderestorations.com/common/sound/a33takeoff.wmv

http://www.lakesiderestorations.com/common/sound/33aflyby.wmv

www.LakesideRestorations.com

The Hedgehog
09-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Very hot.

So are you done with that project now?

Is that the lake with the 45mph speed limit? I bet you did get some looks

LKSD
09-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Very hot.
So are you done with that project now?
Is that the lake with the 45mph speed limit? I bet you did get some looks

Good Memory.. Yes it is the lake with the 45mph limit.. What clued you off the size of the cove, or the unhappy person in the little canoe??? :wink: :wink:

They really love me there, not that I care... Most of those people are jealous of people with nice boats.. Because the majority of them cant afford their homes with rising costs there and they can barely have a 35mph 20 year old Bayliner.. There are of course some rare exceptions to that rule.. They feel if they cant have a nice boat, then no one esle can either.. There is a name for people like that, but I wont go there.. :) :) We lived there for many years & grew up there, Attitudes got so rude we moved... It was not how we rememberd it growing up... Therefor the smart ass that I am, I felt it appropriate for a test ride there.. :) :)

When I ran it I wasn't too much of a S O B .. I ran it during the middle of the week in the early in the morning... The speed limit only applies on weekends from mem day to lab day.. We ran this in July, they were still talking about it out there last week when I had to run annother boat!!.. I was careful to not break any laws, but definitley exercised all of my boating rights.. :) :)

Jamie / Lakeside

The Hedgehog
09-17-2006, 05:24 PM
That is a beautiful installation. You should be proud of that work!

LKSD
09-17-2006, 05:52 PM
That is a beautiful installation. You should be proud of that work!

:) :) Thanks.. :) We could try to make your dad's 16 like this too!! Just kidding.. lol ... Jamie

The Hedgehog
09-17-2006, 09:32 PM
I would like to send my dad's 16 up to spend some time in your shop! I am still working on him.

I am pretty sure that it would be hard to get those two blower motors in there but I bet we could something that would scream.

LKSD
09-18-2006, 07:24 AM
Cool.. Keep me posted If it works out.. :) Jamie

Maybe we could try to stuff 1 blown bbc in??? :eek!:

Dr. Dan
09-20-2006, 05:39 AM
:smash: Jamie...maybe I missed something here...do you have pics of the actual installation, and close ups of the drives? All I see are the videos and these pics here on the thread... I wasn't able to find anything different on your site...maybe I am looking in the incorrect spot.

Thanks... Just Curious Konrad is a possible alternate to the Black on the Back when I do my Drive Change...mostly for Full Steering! :smash:

Thanks

Doc :cool!:

LKSD
09-20-2006, 07:00 AM
:smash: Jamie...maybe I missed something here...do you have pics of the actual installation, and close ups of the drives? All I see are the videos and these pics here on the thread... I wasn't able to find anything different on your site...maybe I am looking in the incorrect spot.
Thanks... Just Curious Konrad is a possible alternate to the Black on the Back when I do my Drive Change...mostly for Full Steering! :smash:
Thanks

Yes, of course I have pics:) :) Probably tooo many... I just didnt get to put up any of those pics yet.. I am hoping to do so later this week (maybe even tonight if all goes well)... Keep your eyes peeled I will give you a shout when they are up.. :):) Jamie / Lakeside

LKSD
09-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Thanks

I got them up now.. Try the links below The first one is my drives page with Konrad & other drives. The second link takes you directly to the gallery of the 33' Apache's Konrad installation. It has a bunch of pics.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

http://www.lakesiderestorations.com/drives.phtml

http://www.lakesiderestorations.com/konradinstall33apache.phtml

and our main page.. :) :)
http://www.lakesiderestorations.com

turbo2256
09-21-2006, 06:17 PM
How do you steer that Apache?

Do you know the X dim on the origanal drives compaired to the Konrad drives.
Heard anything of Konrad doing a drive with a gear box built in?

LKSD
09-22-2006, 06:47 PM
How do you steer that Apache?

Do you know the X dim on the origanal drives compaired to the Konrad drives.
Heard anything of Konrad doing a drive with a gear box built in?

With a steering wheel of course !! LOL.. .:bonk: :bonk:

I think you mean what kind of steering. It's mainly a full Imco twin external system.. The rams are mounted outside the drives. We made some custom mods to the mounts to make it work right. Other than that it is a mainly all IMCO steering & helm..

In regards to the drive heigh question, If memory serves me correct the Konrad unit is about 1.678" or close to it shorter than the TRS unit..

:) Jamie / Lakeside

turbo2256
09-22-2006, 07:52 PM
With a steering wheel of course !! LOL.. .:bonk: :bonk:
I think you mean what kind of steering. It's mainly a full Imco twin external system.. The rams are mounted outside the drives. We made some custom mods to the mounts to make it work right. Other than that it is a mainly all IMCO steering & helm..
In regards to the drive heigh question, If memory serves me correct the Konrad unit is about 1.678" or close to it shorter than the TRS unit..
:) Jamie / Lakeside

Steering ... just didnt see a wheel in the pic posted in this thread tried to make a funny.
The X dim stock interested me so I could compair it to my boat. Konrads might be in my future but would like to have forward and reverse in the drive. curently there is no true neutral with my Powerglide driect drive transmissions.

LKSD
09-23-2006, 10:10 AM
Steering ... just didnt see a wheel in the pic posted in this thread tried to make a funny.
The X dim stock interested me so I could compair it to my boat. Konrads might be in my future but would like to have forward and reverse in the drive. curently there is no true neutral with my Powerglide driect drive transmissions.

No problem.. Thats why I too was a bit silly...

The Konrad usually uses A velvet drive or upgraded version in HO apps is recomended.. If you have any questions & ever want to seriously look into one for your boat drop me a line.. I wont "steer" you wrong... :) :) Jamie / lakeside

turbo2256
09-23-2006, 11:20 AM
It will be awhile up grading a lot of stuff. The transmissions are good to 1200 to 1500 HP and when the turbo instalation is complete two speeds might be needed. Still need a few parts. Finding a good set of Merc 350 cu in end riser log exhaust manifolds is one of the last big items.

One question what kind of cabbin door did the 33' Apache have? I believe mine is or at this point was a roll up door.

LKSD
09-23-2006, 05:17 PM
It will be awhile up grading a lot of stuff. The transmissions are good to 1200 to 1500 HP and when the turbo instalation is complete two speeds might be needed. Still need a few parts. Finding a good set of Merc 350 cu in end riser log exhaust manifolds is one of the last big items.
One question what kind of cabbin door did the 33' Apache have? I believe mine is or at this point was a roll up door.

It was a 2 piece door on hinges that opened towards the cockpit's gunwales.. Do yo have an Apache?? If so what year & model is yours?? The one I showed here is a clients 33' Warrior of which there were supposedly not very many made.. His was one of supposedly 3 made originally with small blocks.. Do you have any pics of yours?? They would be neat to see. :) Jamie / Lakeside

turbo2256
09-24-2006, 12:43 AM
do a search in the photo galleries under my user name. One of the first built the only one built like it. Originaly with big blocks

LKSD
09-24-2006, 10:44 AM
do a search in the photo galleries under my user name. One of the first built the only one built like it. Originaly with big blocks

If I get a chance I will try to search for it later... Although I though you'd post one here to share so we all wouldnt have to go searching.. :) :wink: J

turbo2256
09-24-2006, 07:24 PM
I dont think this forum will let me post a duplicate pic

turbo2256
09-24-2006, 07:28 PM
OK here is one a friend sent me. All the rest have been posted before.

LKSD
09-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Thanks.. It's neat to see annother 33' Apache.. J