PDA

View Full Version : Video of Flash Gordon at the PR.....

ChromeGorilla
09-14-2006, 01:28 AM
Earlier in the day before the wreck....

http://media.putfile.com/Flash-Gordon-hours-before-the-wreck

ChromeGorilla
09-14-2006, 01:28 AM
OK here me out on this one.

That was extremely wreckless operation.

NOBODY should operate at that speed, that close to non participants.

Especialy not the event organizer. If we don't stop thinking that the water only belongs to those in the PR/event they won't be around much longer.....

What happens if the boat has mechanical failure and wipes out some anchored family eating lunch????

We should learn from this.

If that had been a jet ski everyone of us, including myself, would be calling the operator an azzhole and wreckless... you know it's true.

All that being said, may everyone who has passed be at peace now.

dfunde01
09-14-2006, 03:46 PM
No one wants to hear it, but you are dead on. Post that on some of the other boards and you risk becoming a leper.

Dave

ChromeGorilla
09-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Holy friggin chit storm over on OSO.

You know, I just don't get it. Instead of everyone looking at that video and coming to a concensus that "Yeah, we definately don't need to be operating like that if we know whats good for our sport" attitude, some people still wanna split hairs and bury their heads in the sand. I don't get it.

Comments like "you dont know where they are and... show me the law that says...yadda yadda yadda......" Unreal to think that anyone could onsider that video as acceptable operation. INSANE!

Some people think we own the water and whoa is you who doesnt agree and gets in our way......

Seems most do "get it" but some people are still oblivious.... :garfield:

Go ahead and take a peek over their.... same thread title... just FYI my name over there is NefariousOne.... when I moved I had trouble getting back on as my old CG account.

Cuda
09-15-2006, 12:52 AM
Holy friggin chit storm over on OSO.
You know, I just don't get it. Instead of everyone looking at that video and coming to a concensus that "Yeah, we definately don't need to be operating like that if we know whats good for our sport" attitude, some people still wanna split hairs and bury their heads in the sand. I don't get it.
Comments like "you dont know where they are and... show me the law that says...yadda yadda yadda......" Unreal to think that anyone could onsider that video as acceptable operation. INSANE!
Some people think we own the water and whoa is you who doesnt agree and gets in our way......
Seems most do "get it" but some people are still oblivious.... :garfield:
Go ahead and take a peek over their.... same thread title... just FYI my name over there is NefariousOne.... when I moved I had trouble getting back on as my old CG account.
I'm in 100% agreement with you. I didn't know you were NefariousOne over there.

ChromeGorilla
09-15-2006, 01:10 AM
I'm mysterious like that Cuda. :yes: :tongue: :D

SurfGreenTele
09-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah man, I agree with you...it looked way too close at that speed.

Jraysray
09-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Yes, yes and yes. I agree, but the real tragedy is that you are watching a casket flying by. It is sad and just SICK. So very sad for the families. Some say “at least he died doing what he loved” but passing away is not a real comforting feeling, period.

Some say the victims are the ones left behind, well that’s true. Damn it, I will try and delay it as long as I can for my kids and family! Let’s not be stupid, take a second thought and consider everything, all the time, and in every circumstance. It just takes one sec…….. lights out.

apollo24
09-18-2006, 04:49 PM
I totally agree, CG. I was at anchor at night (my boat was lit up like a xmas tree) and hit by a speedboat doing 55 mph and almost killed a few years back. It totalled both boats and several people got hurt very badly. I do feel bad that people were killed-absolutely. However doing those speeds with traffic that close is wreckless and idiotic. It's those type of people who, like PWC's, are ultimately going to put a stop to the relatively free reign we have on the water.

Carl C
09-19-2006, 09:28 AM
I cannot get the video to play. Is it me or has it been removed? I can watch other videos on the site.:confused: Also couldn't find a thread with the same title on OSO. I did a search; is it still there?:confused:

ChromeGorilla
09-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Carl, I kjust clicked the link and the video plays. You should be able to see it. I believe the same thread on OSO was moved to the VIP Only section....:boggled:

Carl C
09-19-2006, 03:43 PM
OK, I got it! Had to reinstall quicktime. Very sad to think that all those folks would die that day.:( :( :( :( :(

Carl C
09-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Aftermath pics.........:( http://www.lakepirateforums.com/forums/viewtopic/t=6686.html

ChromeGorilla
09-19-2006, 04:33 PM
In all fairness, the video is actually labled wrong. This video was from a run earlier this summer, not the high rollers one which the accident occured. Nevertheless, it really doesn't change what was seen in the video.

Carl C
09-19-2006, 06:41 PM
There's more interesting info and pics on this thread. http://www.lakepirateforums.com/forums/viewtopic/t=6556.html

Formula Jr
09-21-2006, 01:07 PM
I'm looking at the small boat in the background after the fly by. It has its bow pointed to the open water and probably couldn't see the Flash Gordon coming due to the camera boat.
Just imagine if he had decided to pull forward at the wrong time. I quit watching the vid. It makes me too dizzy and sad.

Carl C
09-21-2006, 01:45 PM
That was a reckless run. There's no denying it. But the links I posted to Lake Pirate indicate that a mechanical failure caused the Flash Gordon to veer into Nashville Catz. These are two of the more polite threads that I've read about this subject.:(