PDA

View Full Version : Any Parrotheads Here?

Carl C
09-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Jimmy Buffet was in town last night. It rained all evening but was dry for most of the tailgating. BTW I don't get involved with JB's politics; just the partying.:beer:

Barry Eller
09-13-2006, 05:59 PM
I have been to 3 concerts and saw him 3 more times at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival.
"A Pirate Looks at Forty" is my favorite song.
The City of Pensacola just voted to develop approx 30 acres of downtown water front property for a waterfront park and maritime museum. Rumors are Jimmy Buffett has been in touch with developers to open a "Cheeseburger in Paradise" restaurant in the complex.
His sister, Lulu, has a waterfront restaurant/bar in Gulf Shores, Al., just a 30 min Donzi run from Pensacola. Lots of BIG go-fast boats hang out there.

Carl C
09-13-2006, 06:32 PM
"A Pirate Looks at Forty" is my favorite song.
Ditto, except I think it should be "A Pirate Looks at 50":rlol:

Barry Eller
09-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Ditto, except I think it should be "A Pirate Looks at 50":rlol:

That is the name of one of his books.

Yes, I'm over 50. 54 in November.

I think Jimmy is getting close to 60.

glashole
09-13-2006, 07:10 PM
have never been to a concert but would love to :yes:

favorite song could be anything from
"songs you know by heart" album

Cuda
09-13-2006, 07:18 PM
I've been a fan for a long time. Been to several of his concerts.

ATLDONZI
09-13-2006, 10:58 PM
big fan here been to a ton of his shows...mostly atlanta!

catch 22
09-14-2006, 06:26 AM
There are 2 things the wifey does not let me organize. The Hometown Rally and a Jimmy Buffet concert. She is a true Parrot Head. We been to more concerts than I remember.:shark: :party: :beer:

Craig S
09-14-2006, 07:47 AM
He sure sings to the boaters...

dr
09-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Longtime Buffet fan……… in fact the first time I saw him was in a bar in Knoxville TN for a $2 cover at the door.

Team Jefe
09-14-2006, 09:40 AM
I own a Donzi partly becasue of

"...Got to stop wishin', gotta go fishin'":yes:

fishwomin
09-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Love Buffett, been to 12 concerts, unfortunately he does not come to our area anymore:(

I live in MD, now, but after college moved to Florida because of the influence of his music.

"if we couldn't laugh, we would go insane":hyper: :beer:

Kris

Bigbroadjumper
09-14-2006, 10:41 AM
I have a white sport coat and a pink crustationl.

dr
09-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Some telling comments RE the influence Buffet has had on our lives….listening to his music morning, day and night in the 70’s and early 80’s effected me in many ways, (some even positive)….then came marriage, children, blah, blah, blah…..I don’t listen as much now days but at least he’s always on the water with me.

Magicallbill
09-16-2006, 12:05 AM
I want to strangle him every time our band has to try to fit on the too-small stages at his Cheesburger In Paradise Chain...
He's a musician..he should know better..

Sofa King
09-16-2006, 12:21 AM
I liked his song Caroline Street

gpapich
09-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I like his stuff.

You'd be surprised how many parrotheads are in the Navy. I did some post-commissioning testing on the USS Mahan (DDG 76) and I'd have to think most of that ship was parrotheads.

I'll never forget "porch-ops": Steaming off the coat of Puerto Rico and sitting out on the aft missile deck after dinner with the CO and most of the off-watch crew, smoking cigars, watching the sunset, and listening to Buffet on a jam-box.

My dad thinks Buffett's all right as Jimmy's a seaplane pilot.

Anyone else water-rated? We've got a 1947 Republic Seabee. I remember as a kid bucking rivets inside the hull when removed the fuel bladder and redid the hull plating. Of course that was 20 years ago. I don't worm inside hulls so well anymore...

ATLDONZI
09-17-2006, 09:31 PM
only sucky thing about jimmy is that he made a loto no wake zones happen due to his manatee hugging...

Carl C
09-18-2006, 06:10 AM
only sucky thing about jimmy is that he made a loto no wake zones happen due to his manatee hugging... Yes, That's why I said I don't get involved with his politics. Maybe there should be a 10 mile manatee zone around his new waterfront bar mentioned in an earlier post. That should do wonders for business!:eek!:

Tall Cotton
09-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Socks? A parrothead doesn't wear socks! :wink: Just kidding. Glad there's a lot of Buffett lovers here. Being a Florida native it's kind of a "born with it" thing. Grew up on it, resisted it when I was young, embraced it when I knew better and now don't get to hear much of it here in Texas. Good music for the soul...
"Down in the Banana Republic..."