PDA

View Full Version : Sec Football

22zxla
09-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Anyone on the site sec fans? Just looking to talk friendly smack to keep the season interesting! I got the LSU tigers! Any auburn fans?

RedDog
09-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Looking for smack - well you're going to find plenty in Knoxville later this season. We're looking for a nice 2 in a row vs the kittens

I am wondering if the gators are going to even travel to Knoxville this weekend:fire:

Has LSU or FL played a non-directional school yet? I heard an interesting factoid - UT is the only SEC team to have NOT scdeduled a D-2 team over the past 15 years. Even FSU schedules and squeaks by Troy.

I have never heard Neyland as loud as the last 2 games (then #9 Cal with 2 Heisman hopefuls and Air Force. AF is going to surprise a lot of opponents this year) - just image how much louder it's going to be with an SEC opponent.

Ainge is over his sophmore jitters - He stands as the Division I-A leader with a 226.6 pass efficiency rating and leads all three categories of the SEC triple crown for passers -- efficiency, yards per game (312.0) and total offense (313.0).

22zxla
09-12-2006, 05:47 PM
REDDOG Fortunately for you im not a big tenn hater! Althought since our manning boy left havent followed you as close. Probably cause yall havent done anything! Thinking bout going to that away game, we have tenn ,florida, auburn away this year. might try tenn, havent been to that stadium before. Dont know if i can take that rocky top song for a day! Did see the cal game and was very impressed! Actually i like your coach and program. Think ill look on tenn website and see what you got. I forgot what bowl game yall played last year? just fun!

wrussellw
09-12-2006, 05:52 PM
LSU Fan, well sorta, I am a grad but my wife is the big football fan.
The D-2 teams love to come to Tiger Stadium, they get a big chunk of the gate. many times makes or breaks their annual budget.

How about those bone heads from Arizona. The whole team goes to mid field before the game and spits on the 'eye of the Tiger'. Auburn proved that does work to well.:bonk:

My favorite Auburn game. A few years back the Auburn place kicker comes out at half time while the LSU band was still performing. He starts kicking field goals in the South End Zone. The band marchs off the field and he won't move or stop. He pushes a flute player that passes him. About five seconds later a tuba player decks him.:lookaroun

Had a nice "Our Band can Beat Up your Football Team" bumper sticker, but my nephew "Auburn Grad" removed it.

RedDog
09-12-2006, 06:08 PM
.. I forgot what bowl game yall played last year? ...

We played our bowl early in the season last year - down in Shreveport. We faired pretty well down there :wink:

Honestly - Knoxville loves LSU fans. The travelling fans are great. I got to party with some of them last time LSU was in Knoxville - they were honorary members of the Vol Navy.

22zxla
09-12-2006, 06:17 PM
REDDOG just left tenn website, looks to me to be a winable schedule. All tough games are home except georgia! We travel to you fla,auburn! Anyway i hate florida so going to pull for you guys, If we get past auburn who has a week road schedule than watch out! beat florida!

Cuda
09-12-2006, 07:14 PM
The SEC has four of the top ten teams.

I'm a Gator fan. I hate in order:

1. FSU
2. Georgia Bulldogs (though I like their coach)
3. Tennessee and Fat Fulmer

Oh, of those top ten, Tennesee isn't one of them. :)

wrussellw
09-12-2006, 07:19 PM
I have fond memories of my college years. One of my favorites is tossing oranges at the Florida game in Tiger Stadium.:eek!:

RedDog
09-12-2006, 10:00 PM
3. Tennessee and Fat Fulmer - ahhh, you have failed to recognized that the Great Pumpkin has lost a lost a lot of weight since last season AND that we have David Cutcliff back as offensive coordinator. He ain't too shabby. Last time he was calling the plays for us we had an undefeated season. Have the gators ever had one of those?

Oh, of those top ten, Tennesee isn't one of them. You forgot to say "YET!" ahhh, see the response above....

Barry Eller
09-14-2006, 07:12 AM
As requested by Reddog:

A photo of Chico.

cutwater
09-14-2006, 08:01 PM
man oh man how did I miss this thread?? I'll be at the game this weekend, me and another 110,000 people.

Althought since our manning boy left havent followed you as close. Probably cause yall havent done anything!

I guess you're right... since Manning left there was only that little embarassing incident where we were NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!! Never underestimate the Fulmer/Cutcliffe duo - Personally I think we're back in business this year....

RedDog
09-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Here are some photos from the Air Force game - they call in some heavy air power, bt it was the ground game that was really tough

I'll be at the game with the gators

dr
09-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Here are some photos from the Air Force game - they call in some heavy air power, bt it was the ground game that was really tough
I'll be at the game with the gators
I think I'm doing the VolNavy thing sat....are you by chance coming by boat?

22zxla
09-14-2006, 08:15 PM
Cutwater. we will see if your in business this weekend! Althought im pulling for you against florida, suprised not more florida fans on here. Hopefully we beat auburn and you guys win, maybe ill then start making plans to come up to tenn for the game. Will start looking for ear plugs , no way can i listen to that that rocky top song, id almost rather listen to that florida state indian chant instead. good luck anyway,

RedDog
09-14-2006, 09:52 PM
I think I'm doing the VolNavy thing sat....are you by chance coming by boat?

No, I hate boating at night - particularily when I've been drinking and all the other boaters have been as well. I'll do it later in the season if/when we get an early game - game times are set by TV schedules.

In case I get down to the water, what boat/color will you be in?

On further thought, I wonder if launching upstream of the stadium under the South Knox bridge is an option - I wonder if the lot gets crowded - probably not for an 8:00PM game? A no wake idle up there from the stadium at 11:00PM following the game wouldn't be too bad - most everyone else will be headed downstream. Prior to the game you could blast down the river and play with some of the big cruiser wakes. Then tie up to the Navy and find someone with the best hor'dours.

The more I think about this the more likely I will do it. I do have a land based tailgate party or 2 to make it to but no reason I couldn't do it all if I go early enough.

DR - call me at 865-803-3296 (cell). Friday during the day is best as I am on the highway most of the day.

2biguns
09-15-2006, 01:57 PM
REDDOG just left tenn website, looks to me to be a winable schedule. All tough games are home except georgia! We travel to you fla,auburn! Anyway i hate florida so going to pull for you guys, If we get past auburn who has a week road schedule than watch out! beat florida!
I am putting a purple and gold hat on my daughter's Tigger and will be screaming "geaux tigers" tomorrow afternoon.
The auburn fans around here have just become unbearable.
You're right about their schedule. Only one I know of that's weaker is probably ours but thank God for that. This is the year that depth and youth will really show in Tuscaloosa.

Jraysray
09-15-2006, 09:48 PM
1. FSU
2. Georgia Bulldogs (though I like their coach)
3. Tennessee and Fat Fulmer
Oh, of those top ten, Tennesee isn't one of them. :)
My girl is from Athens, GA so all I hear about is "Go Dawgs"!!! Damn, UGA is almost a house hold pet! Georgia grows em good...
Now that she graduated from Universty of Texas MD Anderson Cancer, she is a bit divided. Not me! What ever you say hun, Hook em UGA!

apollo24
09-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Hotty Toddy, Ole Miss! We don't always win in football but we've never lost a party, plus we have the most beautiful girls in the world, according to H. Heffner.

Cuda
09-16-2006, 05:04 PM
LSU vs Auburn looks like a heck of a game. I just turned it on. That qb at LSU is impressive.

wrussellw
09-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Looks like LSU forgot to tip the ref's before the game. That pass interference call was horrible.
It's a penalty, oh no it's not a penalty.

Cuda
09-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Looks like LSU forgot to tip the ref's before the game. That pass interference call was horrible.
It's a penalty, oh no it's not a penalty.
I agree. There was clearly pass interference before the tip, and I don't have a dog in this fight, but enjoyed the closely played game. Too bad it was decided on that bad call.

22zxla
09-16-2006, 08:15 PM
well that one was hard to let slip away! I agree the referees played a hugh factor in the game ,however we had it set up for the win at the end and lost! Going to be a long f...ing week! The bright side is we play tulane next week. The fla/tenn is starting out to be agood game!

BUIZILLA
09-16-2006, 08:21 PM
that LSU qb has a helluva arm...

wrussellw
09-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Met him a few times. The guys is HUGE, even around other team members looks big.

Barry Eller
09-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Ya'll beat us fair and square. 21 to 20.

Go Vols

Cuda
09-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Ya'll beat us fair and square. 21 to 20.
Go Vols
Helluva football game though. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the games on tonight. Not only did my Gators win, I was flipping back and forth watching the hated Noles get whipped by an unranked team. I can't wait to hear my sister's excuses for this week. Last week when they squeaked by that powerhouse Troy State, she yapped about how playing the Labor Day game hurt them so much, yada, yada, yada. She and her husband have gone to every single FSU game, home and away for about ten years. Btw, my sister was, and may still be, the president of her chapter of FSU's fan club.:rolleyes:

22zxla
09-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Well reddog you will have a long week just like me! Was a good ,hard fought battle. Actually feel a sleep early fourth qt with tenn in control but them gators pulled it out. Now were both playing catch up really 2 games down. Well got the saints today to try and salvage the weekend!

Cuda
09-17-2006, 09:11 AM
that LSU qb has a helluva arm...
He's got a friggin cannon! He's big, and mobile. I see him playing on Sundays in the future.

RedDog
09-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Well reddog you will have a long week just like me! Was a good ,hard fought battle. Actually feel a sleep early fourth qt with tenn in control but them gators pulled it out. Now were both playing catch up really 2 games down. Well got the saints today to try and salvage the weekend!

Except for the running game (-11 yards :bonk: ) the Vols played well - the Gators just played a little better.

Cuda
09-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Except for the running game (-11 yards :bonk: ) the Vols played well - the Gators just played a little better.
I tell you what, if the Vols had been able to run the ball even a little bit, I don't think the Gators would have won.

2biguns
09-17-2006, 05:28 PM

SEC has to have the worst officiating in the country. Not only can aubbies NOT be called for a holding call the entire game (or a late hit for several very flagrant calls) but the reversal of the interference at the end was the worst I've ever seen (well, worst since the LSU defender tackled our WR in the end zone last year, but that's another story).

Hate auburn early. Join the crowd.

Cuda
09-17-2006, 05:57 PM
I have to agree with the lousy officiating in the SEC. Even though the Gators won, there was a bunch of bad calls in that game too. It seems to be in every SEC game.