PDA

View Full Version : Beware Paypal scam

DONZI
09-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Here's a scam E-mail i recieved today.They were phising for my Credit Card info.The link looked very official. They could at least used spell ck. though.:)

Dear PayPal Member,

This email confirms that you have paid WATCHESTOBUY
sales@watchestobuy.com $194.85 USD using PayPal.
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "WATCHESTOB.*".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal Shopping Cart Contents

Item Name: Mido Multi Star $179.85
Quantity: 1
Total Shipping: $15.00 USD
Total: $194.85.00 USD

Shipping Information

Shipping Info: Debbie Gilmore
332 Bayshore
Corpus Christi, TX 78412
United States

Address Status: Unconfirmed

If you haven`t authorized this charge, click the link below to cabcel the payment and get a full refund.
Dispute Transaction

Please do not reply to this email. Email sent to this address cannot be answered.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences here.

PayPal Email ID PP762

INBOX: Email 1 of 127 Move to Folder ---------------- INBOX Draft Screened Mail SentMail Trash Next »

© 2006 Comcast Cable Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
Privacy Statement Terms of Service Contact Comcast

joel3078
09-11-2006, 12:26 PM
It's a dude from Canada

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

go to this website and type in WATCHESTOBUY.COM

This tells you all about the person running the website. Report them as you see fit. Report them to network solutions and they may shut the website down.

boxy
09-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Joel. it just lists watchestobuy as the place the item was purchased from, it doesn't say that is where you are being redirected if you click on the blind link. It would make sense for a scam to use a legitimate company to try to fool you into clicking on the link to fix it. If you recieved an email saying you purchased a Rolex from JoeBob's Bait Shop would you really get phished in ??

hardcrab
09-11-2006, 03:53 PM
I had the same thing happen to me a while back.

I was sent a delivery confirmation of a watch that I had "sold" to an address in Chicago ( I never dealt in any watches ), it all looked very official. If you clicked on to dispute the transaction, they wanted every bit of your account info , passwords, ect.

The best thing to do is ignore it and report it to paypal.

Ryan23
09-11-2006, 04:04 PM
FYI: If you ever get a real E-mail from Paypal they will have your full name in the first line IE:

"Dear Joe T Shmuckatelli,

This email confirms that you have paid JOE BLOW
sales@deepdonzidiscounts.com $325.26 USD using PayPal.
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "DEEP DONZI DISCOUNTS*".

Item Name: 2006 22' Classic Shelby Edition $300.26
Total Shipping: $25.00 USD
Total: $325.26 USD"

Etc...etc...

Mr X
09-11-2006, 04:15 PM
FYI: If you ever get a real E-mail from Paypal they will have your full name in the first line IE:
"Dear Joe T Shmuckatelli,
This email confirms that you have paid JOE BLOW
sales@deepdonzidiscounts.com $325.26 USD using PayPal.
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "DEEP DONZI DISCOUNTS*".
Item Name: 2006 22' Classic Shelby Edition $300.26
Total Shipping: $25.00 USD
Total: $325.26 USD"
Etc...etc...

That still does NOT meen it is legit!!
I received one last week for some tires I never bought and IT WAS ADDRESSED TO ME BY NAME!!
Always log onto your account and check it.
Never click on a link in an email to log on!

pmreed
09-11-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm a fairly active ebayer and I've received dozens of Phishing emails over the past few years, some just like the one you got Ted. Don't ever click through on one of these scams; just go to your account and look for activity there. The first time it happened I was concerned someone had hijacked my account, but, of course, when I checked my account everything was in order.

Phil

need for speed
09-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Got a few e mails like that over the past few years.... watch out... :crossfing

harbormaster
09-11-2006, 08:46 PM
I always like to respond to the ones from Nigeria, with references to their lineage where it intersects with monkeys and also how proud I bet their mother must be of them for what they are doing. The I say, Oh wait I will ask your mother tonite when I see her.

I hope they do not track me down....:eek!: