PDA

View Full Version : Dr Dan?

Cuda
09-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Is this Dr Dan in the center of this Rock the Bay Poker Run picture?

LKSD
09-10-2006, 11:24 AM
If it is you 2 guys, how was the run???? Was the bay tame, or was it rough with the weather.. Looks like a lot of big boat runnin... Did you guys show them big boats who's boss ??? :) Hopefully you guys have some more pics to show here.. :) :)

Jamie & Kristin

undertaker
09-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Cuda that is Doc and I we were with some nice rides with huge horsepower (46 cig, 39 outerlimits, few cats etc.) the poker run was awesome great day on the water the bay was flat both Doc and I ran hard all day. :) :) The big boat guys as we called them were saying "how about those guys in the small Donzis man how were they running with us:) :) ) I had a great time and we tried to represent Donzi well. Man do I need more horsepower....:wink: :wink: :bonk: :bonk: . Hope to do the run again next year, maybe some fellow Donzi forum members can join us.

Undertaker:pimp:

PS There was ONLY one other Donzi that attended the run a 38ZX. I did see Bob Christie from Typhoon Performance Marine I think he should have brought there 43ZR to the run whats up with that Frank:) :) :)

Dr. Dan
09-13-2006, 05:45 AM
The Run was an incredible experience and not at all like I had expected it to be...it was far better. Jeff and Karen and their Sponsors and Event Organizers did a phenomenol job. The Safety, Organization, Food and all around confident direction given to every aspect of the Event was refreshing to me. :bonk:

I was unable to attend the Lake George Picnic due to some time contraints that prevented a 15 hour round trip over a 48 hour period... so I decided to give this a try.

It is intimidating looking at boats that have paint jobs that cost more than your entire boat & trailer. The Tow Rigs were unbelieveable... what makes this such a neat Event for us Donzi Classics is that its primarily in fresh water (the Northern Chesapeake Bay) and its accessible to land if things get nasty.
There is Fuel along the way... the Grand Prize was initially $7500 Cash... Jeff suggested that if we all finish with no accidents, no disqualifications and everyone keeps safe and sober... he would bump the first prize award to $10,000 Cash! And that's what he did.... hell I think 3rd or 4th place was still a Grand?

So all that said.... I am planning on attending next year...it's not a cheap Event... entry is $550.00 which is for two people, two hands of cards, 2 Shirts and a Goody Bag, 2 days of Parking of Boat and Trailer or Full Rig and all Launch Fees, and a Friday Pig Roast Dinner, Sat Breakfast, Crab Feast Lunch in Rock Hall at the 3rd Card Stop, and a generous Surf & Turf Buffet during the Awards Dinner Celebration. This Event is closed to all but the participants...so no bottom feeders. And they enforce it ...which was really cool.

The people were not stuffy millionaires, but alot were clearly millionaires... just with a down home attitude. Actually no disrespect intended but I was actuallt shocked at how casual most of the Captains were... it made you feel like you could talk to anyone. I will post pics under Atlantic Coast Gallery once I get back home this week.

It was Ideal for a 22, but definitely doable with a skilled Driver in an 18... if things behave I might even be a Sponser next year. The weather was unusually kind, and the water relatively calm considering.... but it is an 80 mile run... and ya have to keep that in mind. Average Speed was surprisingly probably closer to 70 mph for the slower boats and over 90 mph for the real Big Dogs... we're talking cruise speed here.

Ed and I had quite a few of the Owners of the other boats comment on our Donzis ability to hang with the pack.... there was a 24 Baja as well, then the next size up was a really cool 28' Nordic, lots of insane horsepower an Bling ... the New Jersey Powerboat Club was well represented and we had people from the Carolinas with a 39' Velocity.

Neat time, great people and if conditions are right I will likely attend this Event again.

Doc of the Bay :cool!:

Team Jefe
09-13-2006, 07:10 AM
Nice report Gents, way to represent DONZI.

Also I'm very interested in some pics of all that Bling....and I don't mean Billet Aluminum:wink:

Dr. Dan
09-13-2006, 09:36 PM
http://www.printroom.com/ViewFoundPhotos.asp?userid=RMank&group_id=0&stype=0&sword=rock+the+bay&curpage=1

Here's a link to the Heli Shots...not all boats are on here...but some cool shots nonetheless.

Jefe' I have the shots you're after... we'll talk.:eek!:

Doc :smash:

LKSD
09-14-2006, 07:57 AM
Neat pics.. :)

Dr. Dan
09-16-2006, 11:44 AM
http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/album01?page=1

Revised Photo Album :eek!:

Doc Rocker :smash: