PDA

View Full Version : Remembering September 11, 2001

Carl C
09-10-2006, 06:49 AM
I just wanted to say thank you to all of the folks who are working to keep this great country safe in the five years since we were attacked. Thank you to all of the military people, here and overseas and thank you to all of the people working behind the scenes for a job well done. It gives me goose bumps (literally) to watch fighter jets train over northern Michigan. This is not a political post, but I will say that this is the greatest country in the world, I love it and I support our leadership. This post may seem corny but after reading all of the coverage in today's paper it really comes from my heart.:ribbon: :ribbon: :ribbon:

Team Jefe
09-12-2006, 08:19 AM
I remember where I was like it was yesterday....not a rare thing I know.

I had a conversation on Sunday about waht makes America great....there are many opinions...the Constitution, the people, the government, the military. I think it is our absolute belief that freedom, above all things, is that most important human right.

Its funny in that, that belief is also what makes us the most vunerable.

I've always thought that is we give up any freedom, we give up all freedom, but I now see...that is exactly the thing the terrorists want and they use our own beliefs against us.

Don't get me wrong....I don't like Big Brother in my business. However, there are thousands of men and women standing there with a line in the sand saying "this far, no further". They are doing the things, most of us can not even fathom.....and alot of them don't even have guns.

Doing things to protect this great nation, her people and to make the world a better, Safer place for ALL people.

So I do my little part...shake their hands anytime I see uniform, buy them a round in the airport, or where ever....endure the tedious security lines when I travel, respect the Coasties and give all ships a wide berth.

Small, insignificant things, that don't make a hill of beans in comparison...but it is the only way I know how to take the words "thank you for your sacrifice" and put them into action.

God Bless America

kjly63
09-12-2006, 11:17 AM
I remember standing across the Hudson on the Jersey side watching the 2 towers fall and hearing only the people around me crying for their loved ones that most likely perished at that moment.

Hard to beleive 5 yrs have gone by.

Schnook
09-12-2006, 12:19 PM
It's sad that people do forget so quickly. My wife and I flew flags on our cars yesterday - between the two of us we saw one other. :(

Lenny
09-13-2006, 01:32 AM
As Poodles theme represents, sleep tight.

This is MORE obvious than ever... :)

Here too, in viewing you...

Carl C
09-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks, Lenny. I hope Canada will always be our good friend and ally as she is now.:canada: