PDA

View Full Version : Osu #1

boldts
09-09-2006, 10:23 PM
So, anyone else ready to join the Ohio State band-wagon now that we beat last year's National Champion? I think our run defense needs some work and the Big Ten this year will not be a cake walk. With 2 teams that really look good being Michigan who is always a top team and Iowa looked good.

Good luck to everyone's team you like and root for. Nothing better than owning a Donzi and College football teams playing for the game rather than the money.

Schnook
09-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Hats off to the Buckeyes, I knew about Smith and Ginn, but Gonzalez really showed his stuff.

RedDog
09-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Yep, MI looked really tough against Vandy.

OSU should run the table with their schedule

My dream is a TN face-off against OSU in the BCS

Tony
09-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Yes, Scott, the Buckeyes do indeed look pretty formidable. They will likely rout most Big Ten opponents.

But, that being said, I'm excited about the opportunity my (horribly inconsistent) Spartans have...hosting the #1 and #2 teams in the nation in the coming weeks. MSU has handled the Irish like no one else in recent years (winning 7 of the last 9 meetings), and as I recall we came to Columbus a number of years ago, when OSU was ranked #1, and knocked them off!

Good luck to all teams, especially the Big Ten...except U-M, of course!

:beer:

Carl C
09-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Go Wolverines!!! :smash: Michigan - Ohio State is a great rivalry. May the best team win.

boldts
09-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Ohio State finally woke up in the second half today. Looked like they had over-looked the game today in the first half.

Carl, you won't hear it often from my mouth, but today I rooted for MI. I dislike ND because of Lou Holtz always saying how great they are on the weekly game preview show. Had to cut the grass this afternoon, so I didn't see if MI pulled it out.

Tony, that's the best part about college football. Any team can win on any given day. The Big Ten will not be a cake walk for any of the teams this year.

boldts
09-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Another week of 2nd half football for the Buckeyes. Our coach must have a heck of a halftime speech. Even so, it was our defense who really changed the status of the game against Penn State for us. Next week we have Iowa at their home. No easy games in the Big 10.

Michigan looked good again. I just wish Mich. State could have faired better against ND. If the Bucks can stay undefeated and Michigan stays on their current streak, that last game this year up in MI I think will be another game much like the Super Bowl of College Football.

Tony
09-24-2006, 01:03 PM
I can barely even think about the MSU vs. ND game without puking. To snatch defeat from the jaws of victory seems to be the norm for us!
I am also getting a bit tired of John L. Smith's schtick...he appears to be more fluff than substance.

Oh well, we still have Tom Izzo and a great basketball program!

Carl C
09-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Carl, you won't hear it often from my mouth, but today I rooted for MI. You may live to regret that! This could come down to the UM/OSU game at the end of the season. Go Wolverines!!! The Spartan's game was a heartbreaker but they weren't going far anyway; they're a basketball school.

boldts
09-24-2006, 06:28 PM
LOL Carl you may be right, but I'd rather root for MI and have the Big Ten Championship come down to that last game vs listening to the old ND coach that is on College Game Day bragging about how great ND is when they lose against ranked teams and can only beat easy unranked schools. :) It's to bad the National Championship game can't include 2 Big 10 teams has I believe that most other conferences don't play nearly the difficult schedules that all the Big 10 teams have to go through year in and year out.

boldts
09-25-2006, 07:05 PM
4 Big Ten schools fighting it out for the title.

Ohio State
Michigan
Iowa & Purdue are all currently 4-0

After next weekend either Iowa or Ohio State will either be 4-1 or 5-0 as they play each other. Can OSU beat Iowa and remain #1 in the country?

Go Buckeyes!

boldts
09-30-2006, 09:43 PM
And then are just 2 undefeated teams in the Big 10

Michigan wins this weekend and Ohio State takes Iowa in their home stadium.

BTW, last game of the season will be OSU vs Michigan this year in Columbus, OH.

Which team will go to Arizona for the title?

boldts
10-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Well, Michigan and Ohio State remain undefeated at 6 and 0. Experts are saying it will all come down to that last weekend in Columbus for the title and trip to the Championship game. All I know is OSU has a very big target on their backs. Everyone we play the remainder of the season has nothing to lose and everything to gain by beating the #1 team in the land.

Sorry Tony, but I have to pull for OSU next week against Michigan State. It's a shame a team has to lose every game played. Although I guess a tie is the best scenario for the game as far as winners or losers goes.....Ohio State needs the win with the whole country watching us to see if we slip up and take someone to lightly.

Cuda
10-08-2006, 12:10 PM
I haven't checked the standings yet, but with Auburn getting beat, USC barely getting past Washington, my Gators might be breathing down OSU's back with the strong game they played against a tough LSU team. WVA rolled pretty well too.

RedDog
10-09-2006, 07:44 AM
I haven't checked the standings yet, but with Auburn getting beat, USC barely getting past Washington, my Gators might be breathing down OSU's back with the strong game they played against a tough LSU team. WVA rolled pretty well too.

Thje gatorsz have really turned up their game since they played TN. They trounced LSU - the team Ithought was the best in the SEC despite the loss to Auburn

After running up 51 on the bulldogs, my Vols are just looking for a little help as the Gators play through the rest of their SEC schedule

Cuda
10-10-2006, 06:39 PM
You heard it first here.:shades: :wink: :)

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Ah9SUwjHRtDRDc7wIBF141scvrYF?slug=ap-t25-collegefbpoll&prov=ap&type=lgns

boldts
10-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Ohio State beats Michigan State today to remain undefeated. We're rooting for the folks in Happy Valley tonight to beat Michigan.

Florida goes up against Auburn. So, we could have some movement a top the standings?

Cuda
10-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Florida goes up against Auburn. So, we could have some movement a top the standings?
I'm very worried about the Auburn game. They are pissed off, and playing at home.

Tony
10-14-2006, 06:57 PM
We're rooting for the folks in Happy Valley tonight to beat Michigan.

Scott, you don't want to back into the Big Ten title...you want both OSU and U-M to be undefeated for the final game of the season. That way it is decided on the field, may the best team win, no teams tied with one loss each.

I did something today that I have never done in 30 years of going to MSU football games...I left at halftime. With the Tigers on TV, and the Spartans getting drilled, I bailed out and did not feel bad for a moment. The quicker we get rid of John L. Smith the better!

Forrest
10-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Gators got beat by Auburn and are rapidly dropping in the BCS! :smash: :yes:
Misery loves company!
------------------
Forrest - still a 'Nole fan, but Jeff Bowden has got to go.

Cuda
10-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Gators got beat by Auburn and are rapidly dropping in the BCS! :smash: :yes:
Misery loves company!
------------------
Forrest - still a 'Nole fan, but Jeff Bowden has got to go.
I was worried about that game, but it's not like they lost to a crippled kid's school. Just last week, Auburn was number two. It's not like they lost to NC State or something. :)

boldts
10-22-2006, 07:03 PM
The ride continues to the National Championship. That game in Columbus, OH between Michigan and Ohio State is going to be a biggie! Just hope we don't take the next couple weeks to lightly and drop the ball.

On another note. Michigan State finally gets to be the heartbreaker instead of the team with the broken heart. What an exciting game!

8-0 and rolling all the way to the National Championship game!

Carl C
10-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Michigan now is officially #2:yippie:

Tony
10-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Yes, Michigan State pulls off the greatest comeback in NCAA history (38 unanswered points in the last quarter and a half!). Trouble is, that comes after four straight losses, two of them pitiful!

Now we will likely finish strong (weak schedule) and go to a bowl, thus temporarily forgetting what a jerk we have for a coach.

With both OSU and U-M looking good (and with easy upcoming opponents) it is very likely they will both be undefeated for their final game showdown. And, true to my Spartan loyalty, I will be rooting for the Bucks!

boldts
10-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Ohio State and Michigan still undefeated at 9 and 0. Ranked 1 and 2 in the poles also. You know it's a big game when the NFL announcers are comparing a game to the OSU Michigan game.

They are even talking about the National Champ game could be Ohio State against Michigan. What a Big 10 money maker that would be!

Carl C
11-05-2006, 06:44 PM
A little wake-up call for the Buckeyes & Wolverines:eek!: Wouldn't want to see OSU lose before Mich comes to town to open up a can of whoopass on Y'all Buckeyes. hehehehehehehe........Ohio has good roller coasters though:wink:

p729lws
11-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Not a pretty week for either team but a win is a win. Two more weeks until THE game....

Anyone going?

boldts
11-06-2006, 09:14 AM
I agree with you guys. Ohio State got off lucky this week. I didn't see the Michigan game, but heard it was a real heart beater also.

Both teams move to 10-0 and on top the National rankings. Ohio State has Northwestern next weekend. A team sitting at 3 and 5 I believe. Northwestern is a team who in the past has had a reputation for coming in as an underdog and stealing a game from the supposed to win team. All the hype is about the Ohio State, Michigan game. Sure hope we don't over look the current weeks game.

Thursday night, I'll be watching the Louisville vs Rutgers game. What do you think? If Rutgers or Louisville win all their remaining games, do they deserve a chance at the National Championship over a maybe stronger schedule and or conference team with 1 loss?

Hey Carl....I think we got something for the ole Maze and Blue should they get to Columbus still undefeated. It will be one of the all time history making games between 2 schools who have always made this game a Classic.

Anyone going?......Not enough coin in my pockets to buy a ticket to this one....I am planning to be down on Campass to enjoy the atmoshere and some tailgating though. Where ever there is a TV, there'll be a party going on!

Carl C
11-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Hey Carl....I think we got something for the ole Maze and Blue should they get to Columbus still undefeated. It will be one of the all time history making games between 2 schools who have always made this game a Classic.
Hey Scott, usually when I start trash talkin' it backfires so I'll keep my mouth shut now. Ohio State will be a tough nut to crack, that's for sure, but Michigan's done it before. I'll have to catch it on the radio though, gotta work week-ends.:(

boldts
11-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Yeah.....I probably just jinxed the Buckeyes. :eek!: :beer:

boldts
11-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Well, next week the final game for Ohio State is upon us. Both Michigan and Ohio State are 11-0 and playing possibly the biggest rivalry game known to man. First for the outright Big 10 championship and 2nd, to play for the National championship this year.

Then we got the BCS standings. Rutgers beats Louisville this week and remains undefeated with 2 more games I believe against very good teams. If they should run the table, don't they belong in the National championship game also over a team with 1 loss? Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

To all, good luck to your favorite teams in their quest to make a Bowl game. Yes, I'll be putting a Bowl game fantasy league together again this year. Look for details once the teams are all in.

Go Bucks! Beat Michigan!

boldts
11-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Thought maybe a few who don't know who the Buckeyes are would like a little inspiration. BTW, Lets show everyone our favorite college team logos to get us in the mood for championship weeks and then of course, the Bowl season coming up. :)

Carl C
11-13-2006, 03:26 PM
From Webster's unabridged dictionary:

Wolverine: A stocky flesh-eating mammal........fierce bloodthirsty disposition...

Buckeye: A nut........

wrussellw
11-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Go Tigers. Got to hope Arkansas trips up

Tony
11-13-2006, 06:52 PM
We're ranked #4 in hockey.

Although young this year, we always have a competitive basketball team with Tom Izzo at the helm.

Our mascot wins almost every year at the mascot competition.

We're coachless (and clueless) in football...hoping to hire God as our next coach. I bet He'd be a great recruiter!

http://michigan.stateuniversity.com/assets/logo/image/45/large/26-1.jpg

boldts
11-14-2006, 10:06 AM
hummmm Carl. I guess it's in the size of the nuts that really counts. LOL Also, when an animal bites a large nut, does it hurt the nut? Looking forward to a great game Saturday. Good luck to your team up North. :beer:

Carl C
11-16-2006, 04:40 PM
:eek!: It sounds like you guys are violent down there. The Wolverines are bringing a security force and Mich fans are attacked according to local news.:eek!: I e-mailed my pic the the Oakland Press and they published it today:eek!:

Tony
11-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Bo Schembechler passes away one day before the big game.
Pretty coincidental timing, don't you think?
Maybe the Wolverines are playing the "death" card!!!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Carl C
11-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Congrats to OSU. The better team won today. :(

RedDog
11-18-2006, 07:16 PM
wow - what a game! 2 great teams..........

I don't know if it is in the cards, but I would like to see FL or AR play OSU just to see how they stack up - my team played FL close and AR blew us out. Seems the media is pushing for a OSU vs MI rematch.

And then there is Rutgers - wouldn't that be a fly in the BCS formula's ointment? A play off of some type is really needed that allows the best teams a chance to recover from earlier season mishaps. NCAA D1 football is the only sport that doesn't have a play off. #1 at the end of the season is usually pretty clear but then several can claim the #2 spot for the chance to play #1

boldts
11-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Wow, what a game! Michigan has nothing to hang their heads about. Both teams gave it all they had as is the usual for this rivalry. After that Michigan 1st pocession, I was thinking "OH NO, we may be in trouble today", but OSU came right back on their pocession and tied it up. Troy Smith didn't have a great 2nd half, but like they say, it's a team sport and his supporters were up to the task.

On the rematch issue, I believe Michigan should remain #2 in the standings. Personally I think a rematch game would be another outstanding game for the public. Big question is will America vote to see it vs a team from outside the Bucks conference to see just how OSU matches up to a team they don't play. I agree that their should be a play-off system just like the NCAA basketball championship tourney. Lose, u go home, win, u play another day. Only problem with this is the additional weeks that would be required to make this happen. Football isn't basketball and the teams would need time to recoup from the games. So, with some conferences having their own championship play-offs, those would have to go to a Big Ten format and say the top 2 or 3 teams from each conference then go into the National Championship play-off with bye-weeks for the higher ranked teams.

On to Arizona for the Bucks. It's a game they won't play for 7 weeks. I think we'll be OK and win the National Championship this year, but hey, every team is beatable on any given day. This is about our coaching staff and keeping the kids focused on the goal of going a perfect season at 13 and 0.

p729lws
12-03-2007, 12:06 AM
How about those Buckeyes Scott!

VetteLT193
12-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Backed into a BCS bowl?? whoop de dooo

How did they back in? Did the Hurricanes back in to the 1983 and 1989 wins?

Ohio state has been the most consistent team this season, although I think LSU is going to rock their world.

p729lws
12-03-2007, 11:31 AM
It's been an odd year so far for sure :eek!: None of the teams really stand out.

VetteLT193
12-03-2007, 12:25 PM
UH went undefeated.. LSU lost two..

UH has a horrible schedule. Even UM this year could have handled it. :wink:

In all seriousness though, there's nothing new about being undefeated and left out. It happened a few times through the 90's that I can remember. Marshall and Tulane come to mind, and I'm sure there are more than that. It's easy to go undefeated if you don't play any great teams.

VetteLT193
12-03-2007, 02:23 PM
OSU doesn't have the hardest schedule, don't get me wrong there, but it's WAY tougher than UH.

Let's pretend that Miami, FSU, or UF played UH's schedule. you don't think they would be undefeated? I can't say the same about OSU. I'm guessing half of the teams OSU played are at least going to a bowl game of some sort. Even though the teams OSU played were unranked most of the time, they were all pretty decent. UH's toughest game was against a heavily over-ranked Boise St.

I really think UGA should have had a shot at the title too, great team with early losses... I honestly thing UGA is going to destroy UH and we might have a quasi-split title again. (even though it counts for nothing )

22zxla
12-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Well looks like my tigers where given a gift and will be in the championship! Everyone is very excited down here and if anyone comes down for the game give me a yell!