PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Manifold And Risers

silverreno
09-02-2006, 04:41 PM
HELLO EVERYONE, I HAVE A 1967 SWEETSIXTEEN WITH A 289 FORD HM V/8 THAT I AM RESTORING . IT HAS BEEN STORED FOR 15 YEARS. IT IS ALMOST COMPLETE NEW BUILT-RITE INTERION,STAINLEES FUEL TANK,REBUILT ENGINE,ETC., BUT I NEED THE EXHAUST MANIOLDS AND OR RISERS. THE MANIFOLDS THAT CAME WITH THE BOAT LOOKED TO BE HOMEMADE OUT OF ALUMINUM AND I CAN NOT FIND A SET LIKE THEM. I LOCATED AND PURCHASED A SET OF ALUMINUM INTERCEPTER MANIFOLDS AND WHEN I PUT THE RISERS ON WITH THEM THE RISERS SIT 4" HIGHER AND THE TOP WON'T FIT BACK ON THE BOAT.MY RISERS ARE ABOUT 141/2" HIGH. HELP!!!!!!!!!!
J.RENO@VERIZON.NET THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

thescooter
09-09-2006, 11:32 AM
try osco they are just north of philadelphia pa www.oscomotors.com
you might just change the manifolds and risers to make sure everything is new. a old exhaust system could have a leak . then you will get water in your motor. thescooter

W Reed
10-19-2006, 01:58 PM
get log style manifolds with drillable risers that can be positioned so as to fit your setup -- route the exhaust as nessary - just make sure you leave the rubber flaps on the exhaust - works like a charmer - I had a 16' repowered with a HiPo 289 and ericson logs - try performance marine - they are on the net.