PDA

View Full Version : Proper way to turn

blackhawk
09-01-2006, 10:14 AM
This came up in the bouncing/porpoising thread and people got into a discussion about the proper way to trim while taking a turn. I found this video from last year so I though I would share. :D

I believe everyone has their own way to drive their boat, so I am not saying this is how everyone should turn their boat. But this is how I do mine in flat water:

1) Lean on the stick and trim it out to max speed
2) Trim down SLIGHTLY keeping some positive trim to maintain speed
3) Warn everyone in boat
4) Make a smooth, SHARP turn
5) Hang the **** on! :D
6) Leave the boat trying to keep up with you in your wake!

Video demonstration (http://media.putfile.com/WFO-turn)

Mr X
09-01-2006, 10:20 AM
ROTFLMAO!:hyper:

yeller
09-01-2006, 10:44 AM
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Haven't tried it in the 22 yet, but use to do it all the time in the 16....except I use to omit step 3. That meant that step 6 became: Throttle back, turn around and pick up ejected passengers:jestera:

Carl C
09-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Can't argue with that! I have found that turning is a lot trickier in heavy chop. You gotta love what you can do with these boats. And a big yes to #5!:boat:

ChromeGorilla
09-01-2006, 11:06 AM
LOL...cool video Scott! thanks for sharing! :yes:

FOSTER
09-01-2006, 11:24 AM
I would say you pretty well nailed it, except to make sure that theres plenty of armor all on rear seat.

LKSD
09-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Or you could do it like this >> http://www.lakesiderestorations.com/common/sound/33aflyby.wmv 80mph gps into, out of & back into a turn!

It's Me driving a 33' Apache @ 80mph gps thru this leg of our local lake (about 9 miles around).. The guy in the canoe was ok, just a bit baffled by what we were running on the lake. That part of the lake was clear of traffic and about 4 football fields wide.. Kinda pins you in the bolsters.. :) Yippie!! :) Jamie

www.LakesideRestorations.com

Vegas Classic
09-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Great video, I can't wait to get my boat and get on the water. Is positive trim when the tabs go below the hull or above? TIA

DonziDave
09-08-2006, 08:27 PM
I lke to get her up on 2 wheels in a turn....scares the crap out of the passengers....!!! :shocking: