PDA

View Full Version : seavee 25 center console

SEAVEE25
08-31-2006, 10:30 AM
crusader fwc 350hp borgwarner velvet drive trans straight inboard-17X17 prop - twin 50 gallon fuel tanks '78 hull refurbished, bimini top, new bilge pump, swim platform, casket cooler seating/storage in bow. asking $9,900

TOPSY II
09-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Talk to me!: When you say Hull "refurbished", transom, soft spots, stringers etc..? Hours on MOTO?/ recent rebuild/ compression/Headers/Manifolds etc.

What left to be done?

TOPSY II
'86 Minx #59

SEAVEE25
09-05-2006, 10:28 AM
The console needs to be redone properly (cosmetic) and the wiring panel where it all comes together inside the console should be redone at that time also. The hull was re-awl gripped, the stringers and stern are good. Motor/trans was a complete rebuild installed 2 summers ago now, boat is run in brackish water with more fresh than salt on a river off the Chesapeake Bay. The gas tanks are good but need to be re-wired properly, the person who did them last put the wiring in reverse - so full is empty and empty is full. The flooring (a 4x4 piece) that is just behind the console - it has the leaning post attached to it and covers the batteries and partially covers the gas tanks is not quite right and really needs to be replaced - it sits on the stringers basically and it has one corner that is not level with the other 3 corners. Maybe add a t-top. These are on my list to do over the fall/winter months if I still own it. Currently the boat is in the water and used on a regular basis for fishing and skiing with the kids or rafting up for cocktails with friends.