PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol and power loss?

MOP
08-31-2006, 10:04 AM
Everyone I speak to has the same thing to say, they have lost 2-3 MPH with the oxygenated gas in their boats and are getting worse mileage. We have some of the best motors heads on this board there must be some tips to re gain the lost power. Some drag cars run alcohol is it a different type? Another thing some have brought up is the fact that you get less mileage, so if you are burning more fuel to get where you have to go does that not mean you may be making more emissions? Have they yet created another monster just to keep the corn farmers in subsidies?

boxy
08-31-2006, 10:22 AM
I've heard that's quite a serious problem for you older guys ... :D

MOP
08-31-2006, 10:42 AM
I've heard that's quite a serious problem for you older guys ... :D

Can be:shocking: in crouded places:cool!:

MOP
08-31-2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks Jamie a good read!
I still have the nagging ? of if you are burning more fuel is it or is it not putting the same amount of crap into the air, say a vehicle is getting 10mpg just for argument sake. If it consumption drops to 9mpg then does that not nullify the 10% alcohol content. You are still burning 100% of the gas with its 10% alcohol on top to go the same distance.

Walt. H.
09-03-2006, 03:28 AM
Phil's question is:

there must be some tips to re gain the lost power.

Inquiring minds would like to know, because like Plil said:

Everyone I speak to has the same thing to say, they have lost 2-3 MPH with the oxygenated gas in their boats.

Me too,
Walt

Cuda
09-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Debbie says alcohol effects the muscles in my legs in a bad way.

Walt. H.
09-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Thats not the only muscle alcohol can effect.
Gee! honey thats never happen to me before!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek!: :lookaroun :smash:

LMAO,
WH