PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have electronic Donzi emblems?

zimm17
08-31-2006, 04:16 AM
I'm looking to get some custom t-shirts made. I'd like to use the lion/dolphin graphic for one, and the attached logo I took from the donzi website for another. Anyone have a nice .jpg files of donzi logos to use?

RickSE
08-31-2006, 03:12 PM
FYI, there is a new black T-shirt with that logo on the back at Donzi's clothing store. I don't think it's on the web yet but I just bought one a few weeks ago.

DickB
09-13-2006, 09:32 PM
I scanned this one to make a t-shirt.

harbormaster
09-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Just an FYI,

Donzi contacted me and voiced concern about the members of this site producing bootleg Donzi clothing and other items with their logo. I would contact them and ask permission. I sell items with the logo only because Donzi has given me permission to do.

zimm17
09-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Well I don't see how Donzi wouldn't be happy for me to make my own T-shirt, it is free advertising for them. I'm making my own personal shirt- not opening a clothing store.

Besides, if they ever update their darn website, I'd order some new T-shirts from them.

harbormaster
09-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Whether you agree or or not with their stance, It is still their registered trademark and they can dictate how it is used.

harbormaster
09-17-2006, 10:39 AM
On a secondary note, The new Donzi Marine website is on its way and it supposedly will be kickass.

boldts
09-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Just a little info from a club president. I have always asked for permission to make and use company logos on our gathering shirts. In fact, I used to offer a polo with the old lion/dolphin logo on the chest, but because at that time, Donzi prefered I not use that logo, I discontinued offering the shirts. I've thought about introducing a new Midwest Donzi Club polo with a club logo, but that is where it is at right now, in the thought process. This years shirts were developed by first contacting all still in business boat companies and then Michael Aronow for permission to use his father's likeness.

With me, Donzi has always said okay, but don't let us see them showing up on Ebay for sale. As long as they are being sold for club expences and the benefit of AOTH, they've never expressed any concerns to me.

So, like Scot said. I'd contact them first or keep it to yourself. A lot of the shirt printing companies will not print a logo unless you can show them you have permission from the company first.

Just my experience.....

Donzigo
09-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Interesting comment on why producing your own Donzi logo tee shirt shouldn't hurt anything, as you say: "Since it's good advertsing for the Donzi Corporation."

You might want to produce a few NFL tee shirts while you are at it, and don't forget the Olympic logo, too. Those two bodies protect their logos as well as any. And, see what happens, if they take an interest in what you are doing................know how to make liscense plates?..............you might get a chance to learn. UHHHHHHHH sorry, just rememeberd, only the state inmates make plates, not sure what Federal inmates do.

zimm17
09-19-2006, 07:56 AM
OK, I'll shut down my black market Donzi t-shirt making factory. (I didn't get one). I still thing they should be happy someone would want to advertise their stuff- for free!. What a backwards world.

NFL and the Olympics clamp down because people are making money off their logos- of course that's wrong. I can see why they'd want people buying official merchandise. But that's a HUGE market. How many Donzi t-shirts are they selling? I'd be suprised they are counting on clothing sales profits for anything.

CHACHI
09-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Don't even try to print your own shirts with the Harley logo. Their legal dept lives for stuff like that. Ken

DickB
09-19-2006, 09:12 PM
I scanned this one to make a t-shirt.
...but I didn't actually make one. :wink: